✭✭✭
    delazarous wrote: »
    It's the gift that keeps on giving :D

Like herpes :D
  • cazzzcazzz Posts: 12,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    aha, two words:

Free Holidays! I bet Claire will ferry all of the CAN clients there by the end of the summer...Expect Amy and whoever else is on the books to visit. No doubt a little jaunt with the kids and girlfriend.

Will he get a military uniform....I can see a Michael Jackson military jacket and beret:eek:

I bet the people of Malta are wondering what they did to deserve him...maybe he might move there..soon!"
  • Mr DangerousMr Dangerous Posts: 902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ODD CHOICE? Bizarre choice more like it...it's like making Lemmy of Motorhead the new Pope.:eek::eek::rolleyes:
  • Becky SharpeBecky Sharpe Posts: 669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ODD CHOICE? Bizarre choice more like it...it's like making Lemmy of Motorhead the new Pope.:eek::eek::rolleyes:

Just as well the Maltese Tourist Board/Government didn't hang around, eh? :eek:
  • QueeniepopsQueeniepops Posts: 874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did he ask for this?
  • Nicola32Nicola32 Posts: 5,153
    Forum Member
    Did he ask for this?

No he didn't.

The council of Valetta decided it would be a good idea to bestow this on him because he was voted "Best international male" at the Maltese music awards.and they also thought it would be a good idea because he could promote Valetta on his ITV2 programme.

I doubt he'd lose too much sleep if they took it away from him.:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Best international male" "Cultural Ambassador" :confused: both titles are equally bewildering, PA may not have asked to be CA, but for it to get this far, he certainly didnt say no, the people of Malta said that for him ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi Vatican Guys!

I’ve heard that some Benedict bloke has left ya in the lurch. My name is Pedah Andre, and I’m here to help.

Just a few things first: I wanna keep doing my ITV2 reality show, as it’s important for Catholics to see their Pope being a great Dad as well as a spiritual leader [am loving the sound of the ‘Holy Father’ title already - LOL! ].

I’ll also keep my weekly new! magazine column going, as it’s a great way to reach out to those of my fans who can’t read so good [even the non catholic ones].

As Pope I’ll be able to do even more to show that I’m a caring forgiving kind of bloke; top of the list will be to give my dear ex-wife, Sister Kate, a job managing a Convent somewhere really quiet where there are no men. She’ll really appreciate the opportuniddy to repent her many sins!

Fire up the Popemobile*, ‘cos here I come [*it will only need a lick of paint, a new Ferrari engine and some kiddie seats].

Pedah x [ <- I’m getting into the roman numerals thing already, as y’can see - lol]

cc. Council Of Valetta, Malta. ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cym wrote: »
    "Best international male" "Cultural Ambassador" :confused: both titles are equally bewildering, PA may not have asked to be CA, but for it to get this far, he certainly didnt say no, the people of Malta said that for him ;)

Anthony Costa performed at one of the Maltese Music Awards, so it gives you an indication of the competition
  • NotaTypoNotaTypo Posts: 4,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi Vatican Guys!

I’ve heard that some Benedict bloke has left ya in the lurch. My name is Pedah Andre, and I’m here to help.

Just a few things first: I wanna keep doing my ITV2 reality show, as it’s important for Catholics to see their Pope being a great Dad as well as a spiritual leader [am loving the sound of the ‘Holy Father’ title already - LOL! ].

I’ll also keep my weekly new! magazine column going, as it’s a great way to reach out to those of my fans who can’t read so good [even the non catholic ones].

As Pope I’ll be able to do even more to show that I’m a caring forgiving kind of bloke; top of the list will be to give my dear ex-wife, Sister Kate, a job managing a Convent somewhere really quiet where there are no men. She’ll really appreciate the opportuniddy to repent her many sins!

Fire up the Popemobile*, ‘cos here I come [*it will only need a lick of paint, a new Ferrari engine and some kiddie seats].

Pedah x [ <- I’m getting into the roman numerals thing already, as y’can see - lol]

I was impressed with the Official Response from the DOAT (Dad of all time aka God)
  • Azura's StarAzura's Star Posts: 3,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi Vatican Guys!

:eek:
    Better than 2 DOTY mayonnaise lids any day.
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NotaTypo wrote: »
    I was impressed with the Official Response from the DOAT (Dad of all time aka God)

:D Lightning or smoke from one of his burning barbies?

Is there no end to this man's talents?

It can only be a matter of time before he's flogging them, his cds and his fakebake at the Vatican branch of the NYCoffee Club.
  • hunniebunhunniebun Posts: 1,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Peters understanding of why he was given this role......

,"..... and as a surprise they gave me the Cultural Ambassador award for my charity work,"

Valetta's version!

“It can be given to someone of certain fame, be fond of Valletta and is willing to help in the promotion of our city abroad,” said Dr Dingli.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    "Last week, we launched our own range of hot dogs. Perhaps I could name one after myself and call it the 'Dre Dog. It'd be very meaty!.."
    Katie Price has sent in this suggestion for a promotional pic .
  • cazzzcazzz Posts: 12,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi Vatican Guys!

I love it :D
  • ViridianaViridiana Posts: 8,017
    Forum Member
    Am i the only one that reads, Peter Andre upsetting local Mafia?
  • Scarlett O HaraScarlett O Hara Posts: 195
    Forum Member
    Viridiana wrote: »

I wish that were the case. :D

(Only joking, before anyone has a go...)
  • Azura's StarAzura's Star Posts: 3,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Viridiana wrote: »

I wish...
    Imagine the column he'd have to write the week after waking up to find a horse's head in his bed.:eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nicola32 wrote: »
    No he didn't.

The council of Valetta decided it would be a good idea to bestow this on him because he was voted "Best international male" at the Maltese music awards.and they also thought it would be a good idea because he could promote Valetta on his ITV2 programme.

I doubt he'd lose too much sleep if they took it away from him.:)
    I agree ^^^^

My maltese step grandfather and his family said the uproar is actually more about the fact that a 'foreigner' has been given the post, who has no links with the island. The feeling is that it should have been given to a Maltese celebrity. They would have been just as animated and vocal no matter who it was, if they had no link to the island.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    bunny55 wrote: »
    Anthony Costa performed at one of the Maltese Music Awards, so it gives you an indication of the competition

Wasn't he in that boyband Blue?
  • danceslikehippodanceslikehippo Posts: 380
    Forum Member
    I wish...
    Imagine the column he'd have to write the week after waking up to find a horse's head in his bed.:eek:

now you giving away the 'secret' ingredients to his own brand hotdogs!
  • FizzbinFizzbin Posts: 36,827
    Forum Member
    Imho, every Cultural Ambassador needs a consort. And if this doesn't incite the Maltese people to riot, then nothing will.
    Unfortunately the Maltese are used to hearing this sort of thing as their folk music - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dnjrfmuq_qg :eek:

So Katie would be right at home. Welcomed, in fact. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wasn't he in that boyband Blue?

Yes:D
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fizzbin wrote: »
    Unfortunately the Maltese are used to hearing this sort of thing as their folk music - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dnjrfmuq_qg :eek:

So Katie would be right at home. Welcomed, in fact. :D

Raw traditional music (even of the slightly screechy kind ;)) will always win out over the manufactured, gimmick-ridden, over-produced originality-devoid tosh that Andre tries to pass off as music.

Have to laugh at the earlier comment re the issue being that he's not Maltese! HA! :D Face it, Andre is a cultural void. He is anti-culture in any language and it's clear from the comments at many of the links that that's the issue, not his nationality.
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks guys.
    I've had a great giggle catching up with this thread.:D