jamtamara wrote: »
    Okay, here's one: Rhona Cameron.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhona_Cameron

Hmmm...not sure. Maybe a little lightweight? :o

Errr...Kirsty Young? Struggling now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's the first time I have watched this week but the guest in dictionary corner is really irritating me now. Who is he?
  • bobcarbobcar Posts: 19,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tinkie wrote: »
    It's the first time I have watched this week but the guest in dictionary corner is really irritating me now. Who is he?

I really like Doctor Phil (Hammond) and he's one of my favourite guests. I saw him in his recent tour and would recommend anyone seeing him live.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bobcar wrote: »
    I really like Doctor Phil (Hammond) and he's one of my favourite guests. I saw him in his recent tour and would recommend anyone seeing him live.

Sorry :o I just found him irritating but horses for courses, perhaps I caught him on a bad day either for me or him
  • jamtamarajamtamara Posts: 2,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    5 a day wrote: »
    Hmmm...not sure. Maybe a little lightweight? :o

Errr...Kirsty Young? Struggling now.

Men like her or so I've heard. Don't know too much about her but she might be a contender.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry :o I just found him irritating but horses for courses, perhaps I caught him on a bad day either for me or him

I liked him at first, went on to finding him irritating and now I like him again. I don't like the banter about Nick's alleged hypochondria and found all that fast forwardable. Is that what annoyed you too?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jamtamara wrote: »
    I liked him at first, went on to finding him irritating and now I like him again. I don't like the banter about Nick's alleged hypochondria and found all that fast forwardable. Is that what annoyed you too?

I can't actually put my finger on it, he just irritated me, perhaps it was the eager puppy look and going on about all things medical although as he is a Doctor, I suppose that is natural or perhaps I am just a mardy old cow :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

As you say it's all down to personal taste:). The guests I don't like are most actors and newsreaders, I just find them boring especially when they tell yet another story about being mistaken for someone else.

Tim Vine on next week - I like him.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't actually put my finger on it, he just irritated me, perhaps it was the eager puppy look and going on about all things medical although as he is a Doctor, I suppose that is natural or perhaps I am just a mardy old cow :D

You wouldn't like his show then because it's mostly about that.
  • 5 a day5 a day Posts: 12,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I quite like Doctor Phil. Although I'm not sure I'd want him to be my GP, and then have my medical condition written into his next show :o
  • darrenh2011darrenh2011 Posts: 2,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it took me 3 seconds to get the tea time teaser
    "tinkered"
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    new tea time teaser result
    southern
  • SaturnSaturn Posts: 18,971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well done :p
  • CorabalCorabal Posts: 3,371
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I;m the opposite when it comes to Dr Phil, disliked him at first, find him tolerable now
  • SaturnSaturn Posts: 18,971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jonathan isn't half as good as he was on his run.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    that was a wonderful series :D
  • katherine500000katherine500000 Posts: 569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yes it was a good final.Glad that he won.in spite of being brilliant he seemed really unsure of himself.I was surprised they didnt get the final conundrum STORYLINE though which even i got!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yes it was a good final.Glad that he won.in spite of being brilliant he seemed really unsure of himself.I was surprised they didnt get the final conundrum STORYLINE though which even i got!

I was glad he won because he was the best at numbers and most of the recent contestants have been poor at the numbers game.

BTW did anyone notice Rachel had her dress on back to front today.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I quite like Doctor Phil. Although I'm not sure I'd want him to be my GP, and then have my medical condition written into his next show :o
    Corabal wrote: »
    I;m the opposite when it comes to Dr Phil, disliked him at first, find him tolerable now

Have any of you heard of Max Pemberton? I've just picked up a second hand copy of his book "Trust me, I'm a Junior Doc+or" (first published 2008) and am really enjoying it so far. I think you would enjoy it too. What gruelling hours for the money though!
  • OcadoOcado Posts: 1,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I read that book, I quite enjoyed it. Not seen it in my library since though, must reserve it.

And I won't be enjoying Countdown this week, Tim Vine is the dictionary corner guest. I find him so tedious and boring, his jokes aren't funny at all. How he is related to Jeremy Vine I don't know.
  • valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was
    out of the room when it was on today, and all I could hear was two dull, flat and boring voices, when I returned the contestants matched the voices.:rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've been out of touch with Countdown lately. Have Rick Wakeman or Ken Bruce been on since Nick started?

Thanks
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ocado wrote: »
    I read that book, I quite enjoyed it. Not seen it in my library since though, must reserve it.

And I won't be enjoying Countdown this week, Tim Vine is the dictionary corner guest. I find him so tedious and boring, his jokes aren't funny at all. How he is related to Jeremy Vine I don't know.

I'm just the opposite. I find Tim silly and funny. But I've sometimes listened to his brother on the radio who came across as a pompous ass.
  • GlengavelGlengavel Posts: 1,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm just the opposite. I find Tim silly and funny. But I've sometimes listened to his brother on the radio who came across as a pompous ass.

I refer to him as Jeremy Vile, because I can never remember which Jeremy is which, and it seems quite an appropriate name anyway.
This discussion has been closed.