The DS Eurovision General Discussion Thread (Part 45)

Comments

• phill363phill363 Posts: 24,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She doesn't seem that bad from what I've seen, a bit OTT but you can get away with that in Eurovision.
  • nick1990nick1990 Posts: 4,988
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rosetta12 wrote: »
    ^ She is a comedienne :) And Leyla (if she was one of the last year's hosts, can't even remember their names now) wasn't good at all imo... (All those stupid age jokes... :rolleyes:)

Thats what I meant! Leyla was dreadful!
  • nick1990nick1990 Posts: 4,988
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    globbits wrote: »
    I thought the cat robot bloke was the comic relief last year?

Well they were just all hilarious, its had to choose who was best! :yawn:
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,493
    Forum Member
    I don't mind Petra!

I'm assuming SDF will have some kind of backstage comedy role, much like the demented Barbie Doll who arsed around backstage at Helsinki 07
  • SaturnSaturn Posts: 18,971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like Petra, she did a great job presenting the results, she should be good at doing the semi final qualifiers. Anything has to be an improvement on the Azeri hosts.
  • ESC RossESC Ross Posts: 2,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nick1990 wrote: »
    Thats what I meant! Leyla was dreadful!

Can't remember who it was, but didn't one of them miss out Spain, when announcing the big 5?
    I don't mind Petra!

I'm assuming SDF will have some kind of backstage comedy role, much like the demented Barbie Doll who arsed around backstage at Helsinki 07

She was awful! So annoying!! :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ESC Ross wrote: »
    Can't remember who it was, but didn't one of them miss out Spain, when announcing the big 5?

She was awful! So annoying!! :rolleyes:

I always try and give the "comedy" acts the benefit of the doubt, but she was genuinely awful!
  • Peter30Peter30 Posts: 5,847
    Forum Member
    Well I was hoping it would be Sarah Dawn Finer too, but never fear folks, Petra Mede will be a fabulous (possibly even better) choice!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,681
    Forum Member
    Petra Mede is a great choice. She was fab in 2009 presenting MelFest.
  • rosetta12rosetta12 Posts: 4,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nice review of one our leading comediennes! :mad: :p

Imo she was (is) great in the "dumb blonde" role, which is her signature character. The problem is not everybody seems to get it's a character...
    Forum Member
    Nice review of one our leading comediennes! :mad: :p

Imo she was (is) great in the "dumb blonde" role, which is her signature character. The problem is not everybody seems to get it's a character...

We knew she was a character (that was implicit!), I just found her to be annoying rather than funny.

I loved the other hosts at Helsinki, but she really detracted from the show. I suppose it's a case of what's funny in one country doesn't always translate easily to another!
  • rosetta12rosetta12 Posts: 4,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We knew she was a character (that was implicit!), I just found her to be annoying rather than funny.

I loved the other hosts at Helsinki, but she really detracted from the show. I suppose it's a case of what's funny in one country doesn't always translate easily to another!
    I guess so :p

Some of her sayings have become quite legendary now, like asking Marija of Serbia if she does some special ritual before her performance, "like wash your hair or eat a rabbit" :p

(For anyone who doesn't remember her, or wants to re-live some Eurovision memories: :Dhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klMF2AK7CT8 )

(She also looks like an old friend of mine btw, so guess that's one reason I find her somehow endearing ;))
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We've had some pretty big news over the weekend and today but have the BBC's Twitter and Facebook said anything? no they have not.
  • steeleuro_wolfsteeleuro_wolf Posts: 13,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Petra Mede eh? I'm slightly disappointed at no Sarah but I loved Petra in 2009! She's made for this role.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've been through the Estonian selection. We won't be in Tallinn next year.
  • BBAnneBBAnne Posts: 23,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saturn wrote: »
    I've been through the Estonian selection. We won't be in Tallinn next year.

Saturn, you know not of what you say :p

There are at least 3 songs (am at work so can't quote them right now) that are just fabulously awesome!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But I guess it's true that it wouldn't necessarily be in Tallinn, could be Tartu, Narva, Rakvere etc. etc. ;)
  • MissMidgardMissMidgard Posts: 5,756
    Forum Member
    I guess so :p

Some of her sayings have become quite legendary now, like asking Marija of Serbia if she does some special ritual before her performance, "like wash your hair or eat a rabbit" :p

(For anyone who doesn't remember her, or wants to re-live some Eurovision memories: :Dhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klMF2AK7CT8 )

(She also looks like an old friend of mine btw, so guess that's one reason I find her somehow endearing ;))

I remember her! She was awesome. :D Terry Wogan was a miserable sod in the final years, wasn't he?
  • contejascontejas Posts: 8,958
    Forum Member
    BBAnne wrote: »
    But I guess it's true that it wouldn't necessarily be in Tallinn, could be Tartu, Narva, Rakvere etc. etc. ;)

I'm still Flanking...;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Saturn, you know not of what you say :p

There are at least 3 songs (am at work so can't quote them right now) that are just fabulously awesome!

Name them!

The Flank song was the only half decent one.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saturn wrote: »
    Name them!

The Flank song was the only half decent one.

My iPod is in my locker :(

I'll try a quick google.....

Grete Paia - päästke noored hinged is one, and Meil on aega veel is one of the others!

I do like Flank as well, but Grete is probably my favourite*

*reserves the right to change that if she stinks live*
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,418
    Forum Member
    Grete Paia - päästke noored hinged is one, and Meil on aega veel is one of the others!

Grete, yes, great song. The Estonian Daz Sampson on the other hand? Ick... ;)
  • contejascontejas Posts: 8,958
    Forum Member
    globbits wrote: »
    Grete, yes, great song. The Estonian Daz Sampson on the other hand? Ick... ;)

Does anyone like this from Estonia? (It's ule vee)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzV5medZ7RI

I love it...:)

I also love the title "Moving to mmm" -- the song not so much...:rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,382
    Forum Member
    In betting news, Denmark are now joint favourites on 8/1, alongside Azerbaijan and Greece.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Verka Serduchka buys Freddie Mercury's Rolls Royce"

That's got to be one of the most random Eurovision headlines ever. :D
This discussion has been closed.