Liz Jones - YOU magazine (Part 4)

Comments

• sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bellagio wrote: »
    According to the register at the cemetery where he's buried, Robert Jones died March 7th 1998 - not 2007.

I wouldn't even know her father's name, just that he was in the army according to Wikipedia and her mum was a ballerina

It's amazing how many of the commenters agree with her, God help any old folk if the law for a right to die is passed, they will get forced into it. Shouldn't they have the right to live for as long as they so wish, I bet her mother contributed more to this world than old boot Liz :rolleyes:
  • coldcomfortcoldcomfort Posts: 778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Today's spew in the MoS by the Lizard is vile. I can only assume that Mrs. Jones has got a decent cash legacy to leave to her panting brood, otherwise why the revolting and impatient urge for her demise? Her comments that her mum has been kept unnaturally going by various surgical procedures (and these have probably hindered the rapacious wait over the years) were truly awful. This time last year my mum, then aged 86, had a breast removed due to cancer. A year later, though not as spritely but still going strong, we still have her with us and are forever grateful that the NHS saw fit to offer the treatment rather than bin her off as being too old to benefit. The last thing I want for my mum, and my dad who is 93, is to die, even though I will benefit financially. Yes, they probably will go before too long, due to their good ages, but when it happens I will blub like a 12 year old, as I did when I initially found out about my mum's illness. I'm the same age as LJ, the heartless cow.
  • sunstonesunstone Posts: 2,082
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    scone wrote: »
    The woman has delusions of grandeur and a face like an old boot, even after surgery

Brief and to the point!:D:D

Just went back and read the Dreary.So the "jellyfish" sister,who has travelled from Australia to be with her dying mother while still grieving for her son; was dumped alone in a strange city as LJ sat at home watching telly with her feet up,:mad: Unbelievable.:mad:

CC and Scone,couldn't agree more,DM commentors seem to think anyone over 80 is a waste of space.Some heartless bastwerds out there.

( and how could you forget when your dad died?:eek: )
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 134
    Forum Member
    Hi everyone *waves* - long time lurker here.

Please may I join you? I would just like to say I was so incensed by today's offering, re. Carol Thatcher crying at her mother's funeral, that I've finally decided to stop lurking and make a post on this thread - I was 46 when my darling mom passed away and I still shed tears for her 8 years later and I'm not ashamed to say so. IMHO LJ really should not be allowed to air such judgemental, hurtful opinions in a national newspaper - truly, truly appalling.

On a much lighter note:

a) coldcomfort - I must protest in the strongest possible terms about your LJ spoofs because (whilst reading them sneakily in meetings at work) I find myself guffawing loudly in a most unladylike manner, thus giving myself away to my colleagues. Your posts are sheer genius!!! You really should write a column in a Sunday newspaper entitled "The Diary" or something similar ............. oh wait a minute .....!!!! :D

b) Collie Comber - you have possibly the most hilarious username in the history of forums!! :cool:

On that note I'm off to fill my bath tub with Peruvian sparkling water, open the kittys' caviar and smother myself in aromatic oils extracted from the sarcophagus of King Tut.

TTFN

xxx
  • glaschelleglaschelle Posts: 536
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OMG :eek:

Just when you think this woman can't sink any lower, she manages to produces a world class limbo dance!!!

A lot of us know the difficulties of caring for aged parents. Some of us have experience of older people who seem to "hang on" when other people die. But I know every few people who would wish that their parent would "die now" :eek:

I can only think that she is still employed for the shock factor rather than for any journalist abilities she maybe once possessed.

PS - I'm surprised that Jim Kerr hasn't sued!!!
  • astorastor Posts: 575
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have said my piece on these forums from time to time, and have been a supporter of Liz Jones for years - because I've always quite enjoyed her style and - what I see - as her wit

Obviously, no one here feels the same. Fair play.

Regardless though, I have to agree to a certain extent with her column today about her mum.

As someone who is living with a parent falling apart before my eyes with Alzheimers I can totally relate to what she is saying. It's really not about lack of love, or lack of respect.
    It's about seeing someone you have loved disintegrate into a husk of nothing and pain and really wishing that could end for them..
  • glaschelleglaschelle Posts: 536
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    astor wrote: »
    I have said my piece on these forums from time to time, and have been a supporter of Liz Jones for years - because I've always quite enjoyed her style and - what I see - as her wit

Regardless though, I have to agree to a certain extent with her column today about her mum.

As someone who is living with a parent falling apart before my eyes with Alzheimers I can totally relate to what she is saying. It's really not about lack of love, or lack of respect.
    It's about seeing someone you have loved disintegrate into a husk of nothing and pain and really wishing that could end for them..

Think that this is part of the problem - Liz seems to want her mum to die, not as a release for her but because its convenient for Liz!!
  • Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    astor wrote: »

My dad had Alzheimers but died from a burst duodenal ulcer and mutiple organ failure, and yes, it was a blessed release.

But the way Liz goes on about her Mum is heartless and cruel and makes her get more column inches from a relatives suffering. She's got no business either telling people how to grieve and to 'get over it' as she did with Carol Thatcher in that piece.

And these
    Last year my mum was granted three months’ ‘end-stage’ palliative care, but that ran out in November, as she survived against all the odds. Meanwhile, the boiler in her privately rented house needs replacing, but Health and Safety wants her to move into a hospital ward while the work is carried out. This will undoubtedly distress her and finish her off. We’d rather she was spared the upheaval.

All in all, this means we need our mum to die now.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-2312360/LIZ-JONES-Think-death-cruel-Then-try-dying-like-mother.html

So she has to die for the sake of convienience? How nice. :rolleyes:
    I’m not a fan of mass hysteria at funerals, believing that we should be nice to people while they are alive.

What? She's never nice about anyone, especially when she referred to her sister as a 'jellyfish' a few weeks ago, convieniently disguising her as 'a friend', then sending her to the Cupboard on the pretext of her 'needing peace and quiet'. How does she get peace and quiet in London? Seeing as she apparently got lost, it sounds as if she's getting more stress there and not less.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30
    Forum Member
    If Liz watches the kings hospital a+e programme that was shown this week she would see how sad it really is to lose a parent.it showed a elderly lady dying and the grief of her family.she was very chronically Ill but her family didn't have want her to die because she was nuisance to them.the griefthey showed was real unlike Liz who maybe has a fantasy mother along with the rs boyfriend.and I have been to many funerals including my son and parents and crying is normal ,I'd be amazed if there were no tears flowing.you are saying goodbye to a loved one fgs.
  • coldcomfortcoldcomfort Posts: 778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm exhausted, as always, but I have to reproduce here my favourite bit of my favourite book; this is Elizabeth in I Capture the Caravan
    'I look grim. I have thousands and thousands of pounds worth of clothes, I have the rosiest of prospects, earning obscene money for writing crap. I live in a splendid Grade 2 listed house in idyllic surroundings. I've nothing to look forward to as old age has already grabbed me by the throat.'
    Her brother adds, 'Well, that's been the outlook for years. Now why don't you shut your face and stop f**king whining?'

Hi DonnaVanessa. Welcome and good to have you on board *waves back*. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm exhausted, as always, but I have to reproduce here my favourite bit of my favourite book; this is Elizabeth in I Capture the Caravan
    'I look grim. I have thousands and thousands of pounds worth of clothes, I have the rosiest of prospects, earning obscene money for writing crap. I live in a splendid Grade 2 listed house in idyllic surroundings. I've nothing to look forward to as old age has already grabbed me by the throat.'
    Her brother adds, 'Well, that's been the outlook for years. Now why don't you shut your face and stop f**king whining?'

Hi DonnaVanessa. Welcome and good to have you on board *waves back*. :)

Nice one CC:D,however she is not capable of stopping the whines as we well know.

As many have said, the problem is not that she is seeing her mum suffer and wanting her out of her pain,it's the bliidy inconvenience of it all.We don't see any empathy for the animals and their pain,they have to struggle on with pretendy holistic vets and quack therapies 'coz LJ can't bear to lose them.:mad:

Welcome DonnaV,I find this a respectful thread,even to the occasional LJ fan that visits.:p ( I thought it was a fan thread and avoided for ages! )

Today she boasts about having fat sucked from her thighs to put in her hands :eek: The woman gets madder by the hour.
    My husband has had a stroke and we massage his left hand and arm everyday as it get swollen like LJs in the after photo.due to painful fluid retention.
    So she thinks swollen hands look youthful.:confused:
    I think maybe the dementia may have been inherited in this case.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sunstone wrote: »

Today she boasts about having fat sucked from her thighs to put in her hands :eek: The woman gets madder by the hour.
    My husband has had a stroke and we massage his left hand and arm everyday as it get swollen like LJs in the after photo.due to painful fluid retention.

Nothing's going to cure the huge knuckles, and for a woman who's used the most expensive face creams, had facelifts and Botox galore she has the most horrible orange peel skin on her face. :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nothing's going to cure the huge knuckles, and for a woman who's used the most expensive face creams, had facelifts and Botox galore she has the most horrible orange peel skin on her face. :p

Have to agree,especially the knuckles:p
    I rarely bitch about other womens' appearance ,but I make an exception for LJ.:o

eta,,who would trust a surgeon in a comedy hat?;) She could have just jammed her hands in a door and got the same effect...idiot:rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have to agree,especially the knuckles:p
    I rarely bitch about other womens' appearance ,but I make an exception for LJ.:o

eta,,who would trust a surgeon in a comedy hat?;) She could have just jammed her hands in a door and got the same effect...idiot:rolleyes:

But she loves animals so she'd view a man with cats on his surgeon's hat as being ideal for her. ;):D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But she loves animals so she'd view a man with cats on his surgeon's hat as being ideal for her. ;):D

Oh yes,of course ( smacks self for not realising he was a cat lover too):eek::D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 134
    Forum Member
    Thank you for the welcome!

With all things LJ I find the phrase "mad as a box of frogs" always comes into my mind. Yet still, mad as her rantings appear on the surface, I feel there's a cool head at work here (that's not meant as a compliment I hasten to add), you know sort of calculating what to say for the maximum shock-effect, no matter how hurtful to others.

That's what I am increasingly finding so offensive.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In Which I Write For The Mail ( by sunstone)

As I wake bleary eyed ,and peer through my ultra long lashes ( by Natalie of course,doing all us celebs now),the haze of the sun hits me through my ancient window.Nelly my cleaner has just exited the room after pulling back the heavy drapes ( from some posh shop I forget..)
    I gaze wistfully,or could it be myopically ,at the wondrous Yorkshire or French or Shropshire ( oh ****,where am I??) countryside.
    Suddenly I hear the screech of lambsicals being slaughtered,I throw myself in agony on the cashmere and prawn quilt.
    Agonies of ecstasy,for 'tis Nelly eviscerating the lambs to prepare a manly breakfast of kidneys for my sexy mustachioed lover man.Oh how I adore him,for he carries a shotgun and a huge belly.( sisters.I must confess,his hairy thighs distract me from my cleanliness).
    But haste,I must leave now for the children of the household are much in need of a sound whipping and sadly I am the only personage with the will and strength.( though 'tis said I am but tiny and beautiful,and maybe a bit gozzy eyed).
    An ailing cat is calling ,or could that be a child or a parent..
    Nelly will sort it.Time for an oily bath.
  • mourinhosmissusmourinhosmissus Posts: 5,591
    Forum Member
    Nice one CC:D,however she is not capable of stopping the whines as we well know.

As many have said, the problem is not that she is seeing her mum suffer and wanting her out of her pain,it's the bliidy inconvenience of it all.We don't see any empathy for the animals and their pain,they have to struggle on with pretendy holistic vets and quack therapies 'coz LJ can't bear to lose them.:mad:

Welcome DonnaV,I find this a respectful thread,even to the occasional LJ fan that visits.:p ( I thought it was a fan thread and avoided for ages! )

Mmm. Fat from a 'borderline anorexic'? How conveniently she forgets.
  • duomeduome Posts: 13
    Forum Member
    hello, serial lurker here.

this thread has kept me entertained ever since i found it, but has slowed right down. i presume because of the facebook page.

any chance i can join it pleeease!
  • vampyrevampyre Posts: 613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    duome wrote: »
    hello, serial lurker here.

this thread has kept me entertained ever since i found it, but has slowed right down. i presume because of the facebook page.

any chance i can join it pleeease!

If you'd been following the thread you must have seen the dozens of posts saying to send a PM to one of the FB'ers
    to get added. :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vampyre wrote: »
    If you'd been following the thread you must have seen the dozens of posts saying to send a PM to one of the FB'ers
    to get added. :confused:

Or maybe the fm has got a life and doesn't follow the thread so religiously. Couldn't you just answer her question?
  • DylanCatDylanCat Posts: 28
    Forum Member
    downtonfan wrote: »
    Or maybe the fm has got a life and doesn't follow the thread so religiously. Couldn't you just answer her question?

I think Vampyre did answer the question.
  • DeliriumTremensDeliriumTremens Posts: 2,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The thread has recently had a new lease of life , Duome, as a few people really don't like using FB.

If you want to join, as Vampyre says, PM one of the regulars. DS hate to have posts with 'PM me whatever...' and it often gets threads closed down (especially in the gossip thread).

Meanwhile, have you got any opinions on today's multiple offerings in the MoS? Three wonderful farticles to choose from - the dreary; a rambling , incoherant mess about how she hates men, posh men and just men in general ; and a weird Q&A thing with Ranulph Fiennes.
  • sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Awww i thought a new topic was being discussed, she's having a go at men in her column and Stuart Hall

Sarah Montague, the intelligent, pragmatic presenter of Radio 4’s Today programme, is apparently putting listeners off because she laughs too often and too loudly.
    I’ll wager it’s men who have called in to complain: they hate a woman even talking to them in the morning, let alone someone who dares to bray.
    I have never been abused, but I have to admit most days I hate men.
    They chip, chip, chip away at my self-esteem, talking to me in a way they would never dare talk to a posh man.
    Even when I am paying a man’s salary, he can barely contain his enragement.

Source
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    I couldn't actually make head nor tale of the rambling dross about men in suits and her hormones and knitting harridans. It was so disjointed and bizarre, she must have been drunk when she wrote it.

It was nice that she thinks her untrained mutts attacking walkers and stealing food is all part of some sort of Famous Five high jinks!

The Dreary, yawn, the FRS shagged a fake 'other woman', what a surprise!

And if they actually sent that vapid bint to interview a man of Ranulph Fiennes' gravitas, rather than her just participating in a Q & A session, (which is what it reads like), then that is just insulting to him, though a measure of his manners that he endured her so graciously!

Downtonfan, I think your reply to vampyre was quite rude, she did answer the question!