Bad Grandpa

InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,694
Forum Member
✭✭
Johnny Knoxville returns:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tctgUr147zA

Actually looks quite funny. The scene with the money is hilarious.

Comments

• rebellionrebellion Posts: 851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That money scene looks hilarious! This might be worth a watch.
  • LARulzLARulz Posts: 34,289
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The scene where he goes on stage and throws the money was worth it.
  • big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,152
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gunna watch this at home . From what ive heard and read it looks brilliant
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 369
    Forum Member
    Damn, I didn't want to like it but that was really good. :D
  • MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    I couldn't see how it would work as a full length film but that trailer looks really good!
  • dazzy71dazzy71 Posts: 511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looks so funny, making it rain at the children's pageant was just so funny. The funeral scene may also be a classic
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The title of this film makes me think it should be subtitled: 'The Jimmy Savile Story'

:o
  • big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,152
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It looks fabulous
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Went to see this last night. And I cannot wait to see it again! I think there was only one moment in the entire film that wasn't hilarious. But the sheer amount of great moments outweighed it 10/1. My personal favourite was the girls night strip club. Oh my god I nearly died.
  • Dai13371Dai13371 Posts: 8,071
    Forum Member
    So its the grandpa character from the Jackass films then? Sort of a Borat/Bruno/Ali G type thing. I think I am going to love it.
  • blitzben85blitzben85 Posts: 3,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's such a funny film, (i love jackass humor). Jackson Nicoll who plays the little kid (Billy) is such a great actor, how he managed to keep a stright face in some scenes i'll never know. It really was a lol movie.

The best scene was the Beauty Pagent one imo, where Billy is dressed as a little girl :D I'll be getting this on Blu-Ray once it comes out.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    blitzben85 wrote: »
    It's such a funny film, (i love jackass humor). Jackson Nicoll who plays the little kid (Billy) is such a great actor, how he managed to keep a stright face in some scenes i'll never know. It really was a lol movie.

The best scene was the Beauty Pagent one imo, where Billy is dressed as a little girl :D I'll be getting this on Blu-Ray once it comes out.

And likely twice as long! :D
  • sarahj1986sarahj1986 Posts: 11,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    really want to see this. Might look at my local see if its on
  • paulsh1paulsh1 Posts: 2,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Funny film with loads of laughs,although the best ones were in the trailer.

also, make sure you stay for the credits at the end!
  • MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    I have to agree it was funny but a lot of the film is spoilt by the trailer especially the beauty pageant which is towards the end of the film.Its still well worth a watch but I think I would have enjoyed it more if I hadn't seen the trailer before!
  • Johnny ClayJohnny Clay Posts: 5,315
    Forum Member
    It looks fun, but what's the nature of the humour?

I ask this because a lot of this 'prank' comedy tends to fall just two ways. Either they make fools of themselves (often very amusingly), or they make fools of other people (not keen on being partly complicit in innocent people's embarrassment etc. Makes me a little uncomfortable. Doubtless this is seen as 'edgy' or whatever, but I am older than fourteen).

From what I've seen of them, the Jackass crew always seemed to fall into the former catergory more than the latter, so I may give it a shot.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It looks fun, but what's the nature of the humour?

I ask this because a lot of this 'prank' comedy tends to fall just two ways. Either they make fools of themselves (often very amusingly), or they make fools of other people (not keen on being partly complicit in innocent people's embarrassment etc. Makes me a little uncomfortable. Doubtless this is seen as 'edgy' or whatever, but I am older than fourteen).

From what I've seen of them, the Jackass crew always seemed to fall into the former catergory more than the latter, so I may give it a shot.

I saw it as the actors making themselves look stupid while getting the reactions of the public weather good or bad.
  • nessyfencernessyfencer Posts: 9,195
    Forum Member
    Did not enjoy this at all. Awful acting and terrible storyline forced into it. Half the laughs were awkward laughs and the other half we seen in the trailer. Far too much time between funny bits too.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    terrible storyline

What were you expecting story wise, Titanic, Saving Private Ryan, Casablanca ?

This was done by the Jackass crew, not Spielberg :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    blitzben85 wrote: »
    What were you expecting story wise, Titanic, Saving Private Ryan, Casablanca ?

This was done by the Jackass crew, not Spielberg :rolleyes:
    But there was no need to crowbar it in there. It didn't fit, it did nothing for the film.
  • SalfordPrincessSalfordPrincess Posts: 453
    Forum Member
    Brilliant film,almost died laughing,especially the dancing at the funeral.Go and see it,the little kid is amazing too
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watched this over the weekend and if your a fan of Jackass, go see it, if not, don't bother.

Its funny as hell if you enjoy the Jackass style humour, otherwise its cringeworthy.

I laughed my ass off, my other half was not impressed at all and our friends both wanted to leave about half way through, so they did and they weren't the only ones I saw walking out of the cinema never to return. I wound up watching the last 30 minutes on my own in a half empty cinema.

I enjoyed it, but its a pretty wretched film really if I'm honest.
  • Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did not enjoy this at all. Awful acting and terrible storyline forced into it. Half the laughs were awkward laughs and the other half we seen in the trailer. Far too much time between funny bits too.

To be fair, the storyline was not was the film was about.

It was only there because every film needs a storyline, but essentially, it was a Jackass style series of set-ups strung together.
    Forum Member
    To be fair, the storyline was not was the film was about.

It was only there because every film needs a storyline, but essentially, it was a Jackass style series of set-ups strung together.

I guess the only point that we disagree with is that the film needed a storyline. We all knew what it was before going in to the screening.
  • cobwebsoupcobwebsoup Posts: 4,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very good film, although much better if you haven't seen the trailer. There are a couple of parts that are awkward and not very funny, but most of it is laugh out loud material. My favourite part was after the dead body falls out the coffin, Grandpa makes everyone start singing and picks up the corpse and dances with it. I was nearly in tears laughing.