Could Jenny Flint Be The Doctor's Daughter Jenny?

Comments

• James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    I don't know why they changed the script and had her come back to0 life if they wasn't going to bring her back sooner or later.

As for the Regenerating bit like with the 10th Doctors hand growing back you could say as she was in the first 12 hours (or whatever it was) her body has enough power in it to fix the problem without having to regenerate.
  • johnnysaucepnjohnnysaucepn Posts: 6,775
    Forum Member
    I don't know why they changed the script and had her come back to0 life if they wasn't going to bring her back sooner or later.

Because so much of the story was about the Doctor accepting that he's a soldier like her, and about her accepting that she can be so much more than a soldier - like him. She had to be cut down, but it's a more positive note to think that she has the opportunity to take that forward and make a change to the universe in his footsteps.
  • Shandyman81Shandyman81 Posts: 349
    Forum Member

As for the Regenerating bit like with the 10th Doctors hand growing back you could say as she was in the first 12 hours (or whatever it was) her body has enough power in it to fix the problem without having to regenerate.

There was talk that she was to be 11ths companion until they decided on Amy, which is why Moffat asked to keep her alive
  • DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I think Moffat has indicated he just thought it would be a more upbeat ending.

But perhaps Moffat, like the Doctor, lies :p
  • FATCHOPSFATCHOPS Posts: 626
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sure Moffat has stated they are not the same Jenny.... I'll see if I can find the quote.

Anyway it's obvious they aren't the same.

I'd like to see the quote. As it's not obvious at all.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,856
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FATCHOPS wrote: »
    In your opinion.

Two women called Jenny.

Like Proper Dave and Other Dave we last saw saved in CAL's memory.
  • C. SamuraiC. Samurai Posts: 362
    Forum Member

Yes it is. If you actually paid any attention to The Doctor's Daughter, you'd know why she wasnt this Jenny. She didnt regenerate when she was revived at the end of that episode.
    Forum Member
    C. Samurai wrote: »
    Yes it is. If you actually paid any attention to The Doctor's Daughter, you'd know why she wasnt this Jenny. She didnt regenerate when she was revived at the end of that episode.

Well while it is obvious they are not the same Jenny the fact she didn't regenerate at the end of The Doctors Daughter doesn't mean she couldn't have regenerated at some point since then.

If they wanted to bring the character back with a new actress they could and explain she has regenerated and in her Time Line 100's of years have passed since The Doctors Daughter after all from The Doctor's POV it was well over 300 years ago.
    Forum Member
    Well while it is obvious they are not the same Jenny the fact she didn't regenerate at the end of The Doctors Daughter doesn't mean she couldn't have regenerated at some point since then.

If they wanted to bring the character back with a new actress they could and explain she has regenerated and in her Time Line 100's of years have passed since The Doctors Daughter after all from The Doctor's POV it was well over 300 years ago.

If it was the same Jenny, they would have said so by now, but they haven't.......
    Forum Member

Okay, they could be the same Jenny, provided she has a) developed the ability to regenerate, or something has happened to completely change her physical appearance, b) hidden her identity or had her identity stripped away from her, and c) whoever has changed her identity didn't think to change her name.

So, either her entire body, mind and personality have changed completely and nobody thought to change her name, or it's a completely different person. With the same name.
    Forum Member
    Okay, they could be the same Jenny, provided she has a) developed the ability to regenerate, or something has happened to completely change her physical appearance, b) hidden her identity or had her identity stripped away from her, and c) whoever has changed her identity didn't think to change her name.

So, either her entire body, mind and personality have changed completely and nobody thought to change her name, or it's a completely different person. With the same name.

Exactly. Also can't time lords sense other time lords? Or did I imagine that?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,856
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They can except when something is causing interference like the Archangel Network (The Sound of Drums)
    Forum Member
    Sue_Aitch wrote: »
    They can except when something is causing interference like the Archangel Network (The Sound of Drums)

Thought so. S then if Jenny Flint was the Doc's daughter, he woulda sensed and we would know.
    Forum Member
    If it was the same Jenny, they would have said so by now, but they haven't.......

As I said it obvious this Jenny is not the same Jenny but there is no reason they couldn't bring back a regenerated Jenny in the future
    Okay, they could be the same Jenny, provided she has a) developed the ability to regenerate.

We don't know that she can't regenerate whatever fixed her wounds at the end of The Doctors Daughter looked like regeneration energy so there is no reason to think that she couldn't regenerate if she had to.
  • JohnnyForgetJohnnyForget Posts: 24,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

As I said it obvious this Jenny is not the same Jenny but there is no reason they couldn't bring back a regenerated Jenny in the future

Why would they want to? She was hardly one of all time great Who characters. It would be like bringing back Dodo Chaplet, Melanie Bush or Adam Mitchell.
  • Granny McSmithGranny McSmith Posts: 19,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why would they want to? She was hardly one of all time great Who characters. It would be like bringing back Dodo Chaplet, Melanie Bush or Adam Mitchell.

I liked the Jenny-the-Doctor's-daughter character. And I think it would be interesting for them to run into each other again.
    Forum Member
    We don't know that she can't regenerate whatever fixed her wounds at the end of The Doctors Daughter looked like regeneration energy so there is no reason to think that she couldn't regenerate if she had to.

Equally, we can't assume that she can. Which is why I went for 'developed the ability to'. Given that the Doctor knew what she was, genetically, I would have thought he would have known if conventional regeneration was a possibility.
    Forum Member
    I liked the Jenny-the-Doctor's-daughter character. And I think it would be interesting for them to run into each other again.

Yet again we find ourselves on the same page, Granny!

I think she was great at doing what she was meant to in the story. She played the part of the youthful innocent, indoctrinated into war and loving it, enough to challenge the Doctor's preconceptions. I don't think having such a gung-ho violent companion works full-time though, which is why she, River, and the other Jenny work best as guests.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    C. Samurai wrote: »

No it isn't. As James Fredrick says things happen off screen.
    Forum Member
    Equally, we can't assume that she can. Which is why I went for 'developed the ability to'. Given that the Doctor knew what she was, genetically, I would have thought he would have known if conventional regeneration was a possibility.

TBF if The Doctor knew anything about her biology he would know she could "come back to life" the fact he thought she was dead forever shows he didn't know anything about her at all
  • GDKGDK Posts: 9,476
    Forum Member

^This.

"Me too" from me as well. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TBF if The Doctor knew anything about her biology he would know she could "come back to life" the fact he thought she was dead forever shows he didn't know anything about her at all

So we're all agreed. It could be Jenny and it's good!:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    I've been thinking it's the same Jenny for a while....yes yes, he kissed her, but a)he'd pretty much come back to life and he was happy and b)he doesn't have to know it's her. She, however, may well do...hence the slap! I think Madame Vastra and Jenny are a random pairing to keep bringing back and we know most things happen for a reason. From what we saw at the end of the Doctors Daughter doesn't mean anything....as others have said, we have no idea whether she can re-generate or not. Oh I so hope it is...:)
  • sebbie3000sebbie3000 Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    So we're all agreed. It could be Jenny and it's good!:D

It could be Jenny, in the same way that the Doctor could have been the Master really since he regenerated into 11. Or that the whole NuWho series has been one long cheese-induced nightmare for Ace.

Both have absolutely no evidence for being true, and would be awful if they were.

But as it's fiction, they could be true, if someone writes it that way after the fact.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    sebbie3000 wrote: »
    It could be Jenny, in the same way that the Doctor could have been the Master really since he regenerated into 11. Or that the whole NuWho series has been one long cheese-induced nightmare for Ace.

Both have absolutely no evidence for being true, and would be awful if they were.

But as it's fiction, they could be true, if someone writes it that way after the fact.

There's no evidence as yet, but nothing that completely contradicts it either....and why would it be awful if it were? I personally think it would be amazing!!