Would you like a jelly baby?

Sora2311Sora2311 Posts: 2,306
Forum Member
✭✭✭
For the 50th they need to bring back the doctors love of jelly babies in some way. Maybe even special doctor who themed jelly babies

Comments

• Pull2OpenPull2Open Posts: 15,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Problem is, it wouldn't make much sense to anyone other than a hardened DW fan or a fan who watched through the 70s! It was Tom Baker's Geronimo or Allon-Sy and other than DW fans, they aren't exactly that high profile when it comes to the whole genre!
  • DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pull2Open wrote: »
    Problem is, it wouldn't make much sense to anyone other than a hardened DW fan or a fan who watched through the 70s! It was Tom Baker's Geronimo or Allon-Sy and other than DW fans, they aren't exactly that high profile when it comes to the whole genre!

If you can't have stuff for fans of the older series in the 50th anniversary, when can you?
  • gingerfreakgingerfreak Posts: 523
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Much more culturally well known too. And guess what, Pull2Open? Some of the people from that time are still alive! And they still watch TV! I know, crazy.
  • Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the jelly baby thing is fairly well known.
  • Pull2OpenPull2Open Posts: 15,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Much more culturally well known too. And guess what, Pull2Open? Some of the people from that time are still alive! And they still watch TV! I know, crazy.

Yes, I know, and guess what, gingerfreak? I'm one of them...never assume!

You seem to have misenterpreted my post assuming that I wouldn't want to see jelly babies mentioned in the 50th, again, you assume wrongly! I was simply giving my answer to the OP and I stand by it, I don't think they will get a mention for the reasons I have given, sadly!
  • TheSilentFezTheSilentFez Posts: 11,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think we really need to reverse the polarity of the neutron flow here.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 120
    Forum Member
    Didnt John Simm's Master offer someone a Jelly Baby?
  • sebbie3000sebbie3000 Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    The Flesh Doctor already used that line.
  • gingerfreakgingerfreak Posts: 523
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pull2Open wrote: »
    Yes, I know, and guess what, gingerfreak? I'm one of them...never assume!

You seem to have misenterpreted my post assuming that I wouldn't want to see jelly babies mentioned in the 50th, again, you assume wrongly! I was simply giving my answer to the OP and I stand by it, I don't think they will get a mention for the reasons I have given, sadly!

Ah, ok. I did read it wrong. Sorry! :D