Jenni Falconer- TV Personality Extraordinaire

Comments

• DanslinkDanslink Posts: 8,365
    Forum Member
    tartan18 wrote: »
    Sorry, I'm a bit slow.
    Are we supposed to add the correct punctuation mark to the sentence
    i.e. Jenni Falconer-TV Personality Extraordinaire ?

OR are we supposed to fill in the missing word in the middle where the little line is
    i.e. Jenni Falconer not TV Personality Extraordinaire

That is so immature, sorry but it is!
    Jenni has feelings you know!
  • tartan18tartan18 Posts: 2,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Excuse me, I think you're the immature one, starting a thread like that and expecting everyone to agree with you.

As for Jennie's feelings, I'm sure her salary will cushion the blow.

As for Unigal07, did you really mean to use the word 'familiar', only it seems a little out of context.
  • smilliekyliesmilliekylie Posts: 3,661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grumpyscot wrote: »
    She's Scottish, yet speaks with an americanised accent just to sound posh - like Lulu - another Scot who believes you have to change the way you speak to get on in life. Both are just a complete pain in the a..........

Seems to me that Sean Connery, Billy Connelly, Mark McManus, Kaye Adams, Chic Murray, Andy Stewart etc seem to have done OK by keeping their native accents.

Not forgetting Miss Carol Smillie, who's not only kept her accent but stayed resident in her home town of Glasgow. Methinks Miss Falconer is just a pale imitation of Miss Smillie :)
    Forum Member
    For all you Jenni Falconer fans her's the fansite:

http://jennifalconerfans.blogspot.com/

Enjoy!:D

I am not being immature if you don't agree with what im saying then at the least give her some CONSTRUCTIVE criticism!
  • WryipWryip Posts: 2,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Danslink wrote: »
    That is so immature, sorry but it is!
    Jenni has feelings you know!

There is nothing wrong with Jenni, and she is a better presenter than Jenny Powell on Wordplay, but calling her a 'TV personality extraordinaire' is a bit OTT, like most TV presenters there is little personality and just neutral blandness. Nothing wrong in that.

However you keep saying Wordplay is getting 4.3m viewers, only the Mentalist and CSI have achieved more than that this year and they are not on in the middle of the day. So do you have any proof to back this up?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87
    Forum Member
    There's something about her i don't like. She comes across as really false to me actually, and i bet she's a right cow when the cameras off.
    Forum Member
    There's something about her i don't like. She comes across as really false to me actually, and i bet she's a right cow when the cameras off.

Well write to her on Twitter or something!
  • shuddupfluffyshuddupfluffy Posts: 3,274
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jenni Falconer is the sort of TV presenter who comes across as a bit bland and potentially not nice off camera.

However, she is one of only two tv zelebs I've ever worked with - the other being LSL.

I worked for a major high street store, making corporate training videos for their staff for a year and she did the presenting on their monthly store update video. She is actually lovely. I was temping at the time and was the production assistant and she was one the nicest presenters we had. She made coffee for everyone, was chatty and liked a good laugh over the zeleb mags (but not bitchy at all!)

It's a shame, because I'd love to say I'd met her and she was a cow, but she really wasn't! Regardless of all that, my OH doesn't like her - he says she's too masculine looking.

Just don't ask me about LSL......:o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,391
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jenni Falconer is the sort of TV presenter who comes across as a bit bland and potentially not nice off camera.

However, she is one of only two tv zelebs I've ever worked with - the other being LSL.

I worked for a major high street store, making corporate training videos for their staff for a year and she did the presenting on their monthly store update video. She is actually lovely. I was temping at the time and was the production assistant and she was one the nicest presenters we had. She made coffee for everyone, was chatty and liked a good laugh over the zeleb mags (but not bitchy at all!)

It's a shame, because I'd love to say I'd met her and she was a cow, but she really wasn't! Regardless of all that, my OH doesn't like her - he says she's too masculine looking.

You can't leave it there - you are soooo gonna have to tell me about LSL!!! Pm will do :D
    Forum Member
    Thanks for your lovely comment shuddupfluffy......who's LSL- Lisa Scott-Lee???

Remember to check out her twitter page guys- she's a tweeting fanatic!!!
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Hmm, now that wouldn't surprise me!! She looks like she could be a bit of a diva.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I always thought that... but my brother works as a sound recordist and does an awful lot of work with Jenny - he absolutely adores her and they're very good friends now. According to him, she's great. But very skinny. :)
    Forum Member
    Can someone please explain to me who LSL is? It sounds intriguing.
    Nice to hear some lovely comments about Jenni Falconer :D
  • TabbythecatTabbythecat Posts: 33,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can someone please explain to me who LSL is? It sounds intriguing.

LSL= Lisa Scott Lee/Shentall former Steps bint who got her husband into Hearsay
    Forum Member
    Lisa Scott-Lee never seemed like a nice person.....thank god we have people like Jenni Falconer in the world:)
    Forum Member
    Hurry up Sunday so we can have some Jenni Falconer action in "Something for the Weekend" BBC2 10AM
    Forum Member
    all's quiet on the jenni thread today sho im going to get everyone in the mood!!!

JENNI FALCONER FOR QUEEN!
    JENNI FALCONER FOR NEXT BLUE PETER PRESENTER! (even though myleene klass has stolen that)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i've got a soft spot for her , i think it's her accent - which bit of scotland is it ?
  • Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    am i imagining this but did she appear on blind date before she landed her tv job...........

oh and yes i want to hear about lsl too!! One thing in lsl's favour is she absolutely hated michelle heaton!
  • TabbythecatTabbythecat Posts: 33,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    am i imagining this but did she appear on blind date before she landed her tv job...........

YES thats true
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is a remarkable woman, an absolute credit to Scotland and indeed to humanity in general.
  • AbacaAbaca Posts: 2,520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd rather see Jenni Falconer presiding over the lottery than Christopher Biggins any day. But I think she should find a permanent job rather than working part time on three or four separate shows.
    Forum Member
    yeah we need permanent JENNI time

all we need to do is find a way to get rid of that biggins and scott mills guy and jenni will be ours!!! well not ours but the lottery's but you get my drift!!

THE FALCONER FLYS AGAIN!!!
  • samm2311samm2311 Posts: 443
    Forum Member
    For all you Jenni Falconer fans her's the fansite:

http://jennifalconerfans.blogspot.com/

Enjoy!:D

I am not being immature if you don't agree with what im saying then at the least give her some CONSTRUCTIVE criticism!

Nothing about her having more pricks than an acupuncturist's patient during her time on Blind Date i see, and yes i know her very well, spoiled little madam who only got the job hosting that crap show 'the big country because she was shafting the producer,

see she still lies about her age, she is the same age as me and i was born in 1973
  • ILoveMyDogILoveMyDog Posts: 25,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked Fantasy homes by the sea when she WASN'T presenting it