Marcus Brigstocke - cad and bounder!

Comments

• lyndalahugheslyndalahughes Posts: 270
    Forum Member
    An interview crying when her boyfriend left her.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1288071/Dancing-On-Ice-champion-Hayley-Tamaddon-admits-shes-cried-day-splitting-cheating-fianc.html

So knowing how it feels like to be cheated on she consoles herself by starting an affair with a married man, what a horrible bitch.
  • elnombreelnombre Posts: 3,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    An interview crying when her boyfriend left her.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1288071/Dancing-On-Ice-champion-Hayley-Tamaddon-admits-shes-cried-day-splitting-cheating-fianc.html

So knowing how it feels like to be cheated on she consoles herself by starting an affair with a married man, what a horrible bitch.

To be fair people can justify a lot of things when they fall in love with someone. It was his marriage to be faithful to and his duty to his wife to not cheat on her.
  • MallidayMalliday Posts: 3,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    elnombre wrote: »
    Yes, because having an affair is literally the worst human atrocity a man can commit, therefore he should never be allowed to criticise anyone for anything ever. He's worse than Jimmy Savile.

Hmm, let me just check my post again. Yep, just as I thought, I didn't say anything of the sort.

All I suggested was that I hope that anytime this smug, self-satisfied snob, who for years has taken such obvious glee in ridiculing and insulting others for their faults, misfortunes and opinions, decides to have a dig at somebody in future he gets reminded of just how much of a creep we all now know him to be.

I think that's only fair.
  • scatcatcathyscatcatcathy Posts: 2,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I feel sorry for his wife and kids she is a "jazz hands" brat of the highest standard.! Must be a midlife thing. I do/did like marcus on NSSW,arguemental and as that foreign exchange student from cbbc.
  • scatcatcathyscatcatcathy Posts: 2,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As an after thought hes always on tour and his missus is very busy with helping mothers,maybe they drifted apart through their separate endevours.? Still dont lie to a partner,especially with "jazz hands" stage girl queen. I thought the bloke had some substance.!
  • Becky SharpeBecky Sharpe Posts: 669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    striing wrote: »
    I understand what the phrase "sheltered life" means (I wasn't born yesterday). I just didn't understand to whom you were applying it.

.... So the lesson is don't believe everything you read in the papers - but I'm guessing most of us knew that already.

Bib: B]1[/B Nope, me neither. Though the question was about what I meant. B]2[/B I'm still recovering from Mum + Dad's recent talk about Santa's real identity - so, hell, perhaps I'm simply not ready for the rich tapestry of life enountered in the DS Showbiz forum :cool:
  • whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    Bib: B]1[/B Nope, me neither. Though the question was about what I meant. B]2[/B I'm still recovering from Mum + Dad's recent talk about Santa's real identity - so, hell, perhaps I'm simply not ready for the rich tapestry of life enountered in the DS Showbiz forum :cool:

whaaaaaat, Santa is Father Christmas end of, try and tell me otherwise and I won't believe you. DS Showbiz is like the Bayeux Tapestry
  • iaindbiaindb Posts: 13,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Malliday wrote: »
    But I imagine most of these awful, mediocre, rent-a-comedians are far too chummy and cliquey for anybody to really put the boot in. Too busy kissing each others' backsides instead of realising what sort of arrogant creeps they're in league with.

You'll probably find they all have the same agent.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm, let me just check my post again. Yep, just as I thought, I didn't say anything of the sort.

All I suggested was that I hope that anytime this smug, self-satisfied snob, who for years has taken such obvious glee in ridiculing and insulting others for their faults, misfortunes and opinions, decides to have a dig at somebody in future he gets reminded of just how much of a creep we all now know him to be.

I think that's only fair.

My point, which I think I made clear enough the first time, was that I don't think cheating is the worst crime in the world therefore I don't think it should preclude his ability to insult say, thieving corrupt bankers, murderers, racists, rapists, etc etc.

Your post seems to suggest that if Marcus Brigstocke had a go at (for instance) Jim Davidson for being a serial wife-beating, drunk driving, alleged rapist that 'Oh, but you cheated on your wife' would be an appropriate response.

By the way, for what it's worth I think Marcus Brigstocke is every bit as smug and unfunny as you do.
    Horrible, horrible man.
    But I imagine most of these awful, mediocre, rent-a-comedians are far too chummy and cliquey for anybody to really put the boot in.

I love that you use 'rent-a-comedian' as an insult, as if every professional comic who ever lived hasn't essentially been rented to perform for money.
  • Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My point, which I think I made clear enough the first time, was that I don't think cheating is the worst crime in the world therefore I don't think it should preclude his ability to insult say, thieving corrupt bankers, murderers, racists, rapists, etc etc.

We aren't talking about rapists, murderers or corrupt bankers. If we were we'd be in GD or Politics. We're talking about a smug, cheating so-called 'comedian' so I think we're in the right place. ;)
  • fizzycatfizzycat Posts: 6,120
    Forum Member
    To be fair people can justify a lot of things when they fall in love with someone. It was his marriage to be faithful to and his duty to his wife to not cheat on her.

And being prepared to be complicit in his cheating makes her a selfish slapper who doesn't care about his wife and kids getting hurt.

TBH I get sick of hearing the 'you can't help who you fall in love with' bullsh*t. Maybe you can't but you can help what you do about it and act like a responsible human adult to avoid the consequences of your own selfish sense of entitlement on any children involved.
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    doom&gloom wrote: »
    He's a right smug right-on leftie.

Totally humourless as well and he's supposed to be a comedian.

Yep - as all these so-called 'comedians' are these days. They're always so righteous and opinionated towards other folk's integrity.

And now, it seems, he's just another liar who can't keep it in his trousers.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We aren't talking about rapists, murderers or corrupt bankers. If we were we'd be in GD or Politics. We're talking about a smug, cheating so-called 'comedian' so I think we're in the right place. ;)

I've seen Brigstocke belittle/mock/call out most of the above listed people, but have never seen him say anything particularly confrontational to another comedian. Have you?
  • Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've seen Brigstocke belittle/mock/call out most of the above listed people, but have never seen him say anything particularly confrontational to another comedian. Have you?

Your point being........? :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fizzycat wrote: »
    And being prepared to be complicit in his cheating makes her a selfish slapper who doesn't care about his wife and kids getting hurt.

Given that he blatantly doesn't give two hoots about his wife or his marriage, I'd say they were going to get hurt regardless, and it was his doing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Your point being........? :confused:

Malliday said: "I hope that anytime this smug, self-satisfied snob, who for years has taken such obvious glee in ridiculing and insulting others for their faults, misfortunes and opinions, decides to have a dig at somebody in future he gets reminded of just how much of a creep we all now know him to be."

I pointed out that the kind of people Brigstocke tends to take glee in ridiculing are - from what I've seen - people who have suffered far larger moral lapses than his, and despite his own nasty, selfish activities, I don't think 'but you cheated on your wife' would be much of a retort for them.

You said "We aren't talking about rapists, murderers or corrupt bankers."

My point is, yes we are, because those are the type of people Brigstocke tends to ridicule, not other comedians.
  • Striker22Striker22 Posts: 274
    Forum Member
    Yes, very "look at me I'm a stage school brat". She was good on Dancing on Ice but she was still quite obnoxious all the same.

Yes, and I got sick with that constant overhype of that stupid 'slumdog' ice skate she kept trotting out.
  • RyJaRyJa Posts: 900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fizzycat wrote: »

TBH I get sick of hearing the 'you can't help who you fall in love with' bullsh*t. Maybe you can't but you can help what you do about it and act like a responsible human adult to avoid the consequences of your own selfish sense of entitlement on any children involved.

Agree with everything!!!

She's got a bloke who cheats on his wife and kids and he's ended up with someone who sleeps with a married man! I hope they're happy together - they deserve each other :)
  • pfgpowellpfgpowell Posts: 5,347
    Forum Member
    She's pretty ugly, so it must be love. Marcus Brigstocke can be quite funny (though not always) and I especially liked his Giles Wemmbley-Hogg schtick, but all his environmental stuff gets up my nose and overall he's just a tad too luvvie for me.
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RyJa wrote: »
    Agree with everything!!!

She's got a bloke who cheats on his wife and kids and he's ended up with someone who sleeps with a married man! I hope they're happy together - they deserve each other :)

That's what I was thinking.:)
  • Grabid RanniesGrabid Rannies Posts: 4,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Isn't MB that one off 'Big Cook Little Cook'? My eyes say no but my nuts say go :o:o
  • sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He was in a sitcom ages ago and was quite fat in it.
  • Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Isn't MB that one off 'Big Cook Little Cook'? My eyes say no but my nuts say go :o:o

So did marcus's nuts, that's why his wife kicked him out :D
  • Striker22Striker22 Posts: 274
    Forum Member
    doom&gloom wrote: »
    He's a right smug right-on leftie.

Totally humourless as well and he's supposed to be a comedian.

Completely agree, although that's show business , show me a celeb that isn't a leftie.
    How many votes do Labour actually gain through their policies versus those votes placed "just cos vat David 'I'm a lay dee' Walliams votes for em" ?
    Leftie celebs waste no opportunity spouting their Lefty leanings.......Eddie Izzard, David Tennant and Adele just to name 3.
    And yes, there are easily led people who would vote because Adele claims "she has always been a labour girl"

Media/celeb land is predominately Left wing, it's a wonder the Etonian boys have ever got near Westminster !:p
  • lyndalahugheslyndalahughes Posts: 270
    Forum Member
    RyJa wrote: »
    Agree with everything!!!

Wonderfully put. I couldn't agree more.