The Lying Game

marie67marie67 Posts: 1,539
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I was enjoying this on 5* but it appears to have stopped after episode 10. Anyone know if more episodes will be shown?

Comments

• BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,653
    Forum Member
    They are airing them in 2 blocks of 10 episodes, same as they did in the U.S. It will return but no date has been confirmed yet.
  • marie67marie67 Posts: 1,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ok thanks i think i might start watching online
  • tomeetomee Posts: 2,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Season finale March 5, 2012 so all 20 episodes should be online.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 72
    Forum Member
    I hate it when I'm enjoying a show and it stops mid season for no apparent reason. I might have to resort to watching online/alternative means. Channel 5 are terrible for pulling shows or having breaks unnecessarily. If there are 20 episodes to show just show them!
  • zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm confused. We're currently NOT on a break (like what they do in America). 5* has shown ALL the eps for this season. So season is now over.

^or have I got this all wrong ?
  • tomeetomee Posts: 2,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zwixxx wrote: »
    I'm confused. We're currently NOT on a break (like what they do in America). 5* has shown ALL the eps for this season. So season is now over.

^or have I got this all wrong ?

There are 20 episode 5* have only shown 10.:(
  • BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,653
    Forum Member
    lynnmarie wrote: »
    I hate it when I'm enjoying a show and it stops mid season for no apparent reason. I might have to resort to watching online/alternative means. Channel 5 are terrible for pulling shows or having breaks unnecessarily. If there are 20 episodes to show just show them!
    But why? The last episode that was shown was intended to act as a midseason finale. No harm in taking this break, especially since it's currently the holidays.
  • zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tomee wrote: »
    There are 20 episode 5* have only shown 10.:(

My bad :o, I was watching US pace, stopped, started watching UK pace, and thought UK had caught up with US and that this last one was the end of season ep20 one, my brain hurts. :(

On a :yay: side note, turns out I've got eps 11-20 already saved on one of my external HDs, so I can marathon my way thru the rest of the season. :cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 72
    Forum Member
    Dancc wrote: »
    But why? The last episode that was shown was intended to act as a midseason finale. No harm in taking this break, especially since it's currently the holidays.

Why? I would think that would be fairly obvious. If I am enjoying a 20 episode show and it disappears from the planner after 10 episodes (with no info as to when it wil be back) then understandably I would prefer this not to happen. I would far rather watch the entire series without the "mid season break" that they had in the USA. Five (presumably) have all 20 episodes so why not just run them consecutively? Furthermore, yes, it has been an Easter long weekend however I don't see how that constitutes "the holidays"? I for one was straight back to work Tuesday morning so no holidays for me!
  • squadgesquadge Posts: 1,575
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lynnmarie wrote: »
    Why? I would think that would be fairly obvious. If I am enjoying a 20 episode show and it disappears from the planner after 10 episodes (with no info as to when it wil be back) then understandably I would prefer this not to happen. I would far rather watch the entire series without the "mid season break" that they had in the USA. Five (presumably) have all 20 episodes so why not just run them consecutively? Furthermore, yes, it has been an Easter long weekend however I don't see how that constitutes "the holidays"? I for one was straight back to work Tuesday morning so no holidays for me!

Totally agree! stupid isn't it. At least 5 could do a voice over and let us know. Jeez (and I'm american)! There is absolutely no reason to follow the US schedule UNLESS, the US have held the final 10 back to force a break for whatever reason. OR 5 waited for viewing figures to decide whether to buy the second half?
  • dillandillan Posts: 2,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is this more of a girls show or would guys like it too?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Schmiznurf wrote: »

I would say its target audience is females.
  • bottleofbestbottleofbest Posts: 8,026
    Forum Member
    Schmiznurf wrote: »

Not neccessarily, i'm a bloke and I thought the series was brilliant.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not neccessarily, i'm a bloke and I thought the series was brilliant.

I know there are people that are male that will like it, I'm male, but then again, I'm gay, but I think the show's target audience is females. :)
  • Neighbours_FanNeighbours_Fan Posts: 7,511
    Forum Member
    dillan wrote: »

I'm very pleased about this. I was sure it was going to be cancelled. Glad I was wrong.
  • SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I guess i'll give it a shot once i'm caught up on Smash then.
  • carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,579
    Forum Member
    Saw a trailer earlier this evening for the "new series" [sic]. Described as 'coming soon' so I guess that means sometime within the next month, maybe, but before Christmas. But which Christmas is unclear :rolleyes: :D
  • ack1990ack1990 Posts: 169
    Forum Member
    I stopped waiting for the second half of the season yesterday, and began watching online from where 5* left off. I'm now on episode 14, it's getting better and better.
  • thetvkingthetvking Posts: 333
    Forum Member
    Channel 5 have now scheduled The Lying Game to 5* return on Thursday 6th September at 8PM. Hopefully they won't pull it from the schedule again.
  • Soaps Addict!!Soaps Addict!! Posts: 696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thetvking wrote: »
    Channel 5 have now scheduled The Lying Game to 5* return on Thursday 6th September at 8PM. Hopefully they won't pull it from the schedule again.

That's good to know, I've been waiting for this to return for ages, like you said hope they won't remove it from the schedule again.
  • JJ75JJ75 Posts: 1,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thetvking wrote: »

Brilliant!!! Got totally sucked into this and then it just stopped.
  • Matt35Matt35 Posts: 29,792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can`t wait for it to start. I think this has been the surprise package. I bet a lot thought it would be axed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Only 1 week to go til it returns for its second half! Looking forward to it! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thought I'd bump this back up as it's back tonight, so excited, can't wait!!! :D