Blake Fielder-Civil on Jeremy Kyle

Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Say what you like, but the bloke's taken himself in hand, got clean, and seems genuinely remorseful.

https://www.itv.com/itvplayer/the-jeremy-kyle-show/series-10/episode-43-exclusive-married-to-amy-winehouse

Comments

• Dancing GirlDancing Girl Posts: 8,209
    Forum Member
    I do not watch Jeremy Kyle. I just think this guy will appear on anything to get money and attention. I think he was a very distructive influence on Amy, although as an adult she has to take responsiblity for the decisions she made which resulted in her early death. The whole story of Amy and Blake is tragic but they both had so many opportunities to change their lives. I believe this guy even has a child! God Help Us! Why do people who cannot cope with their own lives have children?
  • Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do not watch Jeremy Kyle. I just think this guy will appear on anything to get money and attention. I think he was a very distructive influence on Amy, although as an adult she has to take responsiblity for the decisions she made which resulted in her early death. The whole story of Amy and Blake is tragic but they both had so many opportunities to change their lives. I believe this guy even has a child! God Help Us! Why do people who cannot cope with their own lives have children?

I don't normally watch JK either, but saw a link to the programme whilst browsing on the web. I'd suggest you watch it as I've done myself before you make a judgement on him. His mother was on a few months back and Kyle asked her to get him on the show to give his side.

He's clean now, so why shouldn't he have a child? He has a supportive partner who's stood by him too.
  • fizzle90fizzle90 Posts: 6,467
    Forum Member
    I don't normally watch JK either, but saw a link to the programme whilst browsing on the web. I'd suggest you watch it as I've done myself before you make a judgement on him. His mother was on a few months back and Kyle asked her to get him on the show to give his side.

He's clean now, so why shouldn't he have a child? He has a supportive partner who's stood by him too.

Agree with this. Before I saw him on JK I would've agreed with Dancing Girl but he's completely changed my perception of him. He came across very, very well IMO.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 62
    Forum Member
    I do not watch Jeremy Kyle. I just think this guy will appear on anything to get money and attention.

And as Jeremy Kyle was saying this was the FIRST time he had spoken about Amy Winehouse, so he has not appeared before to tell his story - so Dancing Girl you are a bit "pants" to make the assumption above!!!!
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He might be clean now, but when he procreated with the Mother he was still regularly using.

Not sure whether I believe this new clean persona but time will tell I guess. He's a lot softer spoken than I was expecting, unless he was being deliberately contrite.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,914
    Forum Member
    Yes Blake did come across very well spoken.. I think he probably wanted to put his side across.. Amy was indeed a great singer and with that time of fame comes downsides.I have respect for that chap at least he was honest and didnt hold back.. The press is and Arse and all what you read isnt the gospel truth.
    Forum Member
    I don't agree with the whole "responsible for Amy's death" because he "gave her heroin" - she was a grown adult and he didn't force it down her. She asked him for it. Like he said, her death was connected to alcohol. I do feel some of the comments thrown at Blake after her death were a bit harsh.

Like I say, I have completely changed my perception on him after the JK interview.
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I gave up about half-way through but the impression I got was that Blake regretted the total mess. :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mitch (Amy's dad) tweeted. Blake didnt offer his Jeremy Kyle fee to Amy's or anybodys charity. He kept if for himself, even though making money over a dead girls story.
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    barneyboy wrote: »
    Mitch (Amy's dad) tweeted. Blake didnt offer his Jeremy Kyle fee to Amy's or anybodys charity. He kept if for himself, even though making money over a dead girls story.

Oh dear.:(

Its so sad that this has happened.

I'm an expert in the greed/grief stakes and Mitch comes out worse than Blake does but ............if both of them had kept their mouths shut, Amy could rest in peace.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Mitch has made plenty of publicity and not a little cash out of Amy's life and death.

If F-C should take 'blame' then so should Mitch Winehouse.
    Forum Member
    Mitch has made plenty of publicity and not a little cash out of Amy's life and death.

If F-C should take 'blame' then so should Mitch Winehouse.

Agreed with the BIB.

Mitch comes across worse than Blake - he seems to use every opportunity he can to make Blake look like the devil.

Did Blake's mum donate her fee to Amy's charity when she appeared on JK?

Edit - I know this sounds bad but he didn't need to donate anything to this charity. It's not like he's gone back on his word and promised to donate this fee and then not done it.
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Oh Mitch. *shakes head*

Haven't watched the Blake thing but I'm glad he's managed to get his life back together. No point in blaming him for what happened to Amy, addicts will do what addicts will do, and I think living with the reminder of her death and how out of control things got will hopefully be enough to keep him focused and clean. Good luck to him.
  • lyndalahugheslyndalahughes Posts: 270
    Forum Member
    fizzle90 wrote: »
    I don't agree with the whole "responsible for Amy's death" because he "gave her heroin" - she was a grown adult and he didn't force it down her. She asked him for it. Like he said, her death was connected to alcohol. I do feel some of the comments thrown at Blake after her death were a bit harsh.

Like I say, I have completely changed my perception on him after the JK interview.

BIB - she was likely high on softer drugs like cannabis when she asked. Ever done something when high or drunk and regretted it?
    Forum Member
    BIB - she was likely high on softer drugs like cannabis when she asked. Ever done something when high or drunk and regretted it?

Did you watch the interview? Blake said it wasn't like she was instantly addicted, she took it over a period of time and gradually got addicted. It's not like she woke up next morning and regretted it, - she carried on using. Even if she was high or drunk at the time, Blake said himself that she took it over a longer period of time before becoming addicted. He can hardly take the blame for "her being a drug addict". Yes he was a bad influence but nobody forced her to take drugs all those times.
  • lyndalahugheslyndalahughes Posts: 270
    Forum Member
    Did you watch the interview? Blake said it wasn't like she was instantly addicted, she took it over a period of time and gradually got addicted. It's not like she woke up next morning and regretted it, - she carried on using. Even if she was high or drunk at the time, Blake said himself that she took it over a longer period of time before becoming addicted. He can hardly take the blame for "her being a drug addict". Yes he was a bad influence but nobody forced her to take drugs all those times.

Heroin is usually something you get hooked on straight away, rather than during a long period of time. Of course only he and Amy know the truth and one of them is dead.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Amy would have been an addict whoever she'd fallen in love with because her personality was just wired that way.

Remember when she had the sugar addiction and was always off to buy sweets? An addictive personality was the death of her, not Blake.
    Forum Member
    Heroin is usually something you get hooked on straight away, rather than during a long period of time. Of course only he and Amy know the truth and one of them is dead.

I'm inclined to believe an actual ex-heroin addict's account of the events as he was there. And I'm sure not every addict has exactly the same experience. He also has no reason to lie.
    I think Amy would have been an addict whoever she'd fallen in love with because her personality was just wired that way.

Remember when she had the sugar addiction and was always off to buy sweets? An addictive personality was the death of her, not Blake.

Agree with this, JK asked Blake if he thought she'd be an addict even if she never met him.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Agree with this, JK asked Blake if he thought she'd be an addict even if she never met him.

And of course, alcohol replaced heroin in her life. She was always fond of a drink and things were never going to end happily.
  • misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was fully prepared to hate Blake on sight, but actually I found myself almost liking him.

He came across a lot better than I expected. He was articulate, didn't raise his voice, and seemed to have a good understanding of the public and media's perception of him and said what he could within the constraints of the truth (I'm assuming) to change it.

I also thought he did very well at the end of the show, meeting a current heroin addict who was being offered a chance at rehab - Blake spoke well, from regrettable experience, and seemed to really get through to him.
  • RuinedGirlRuinedGirl Posts: 918
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Although I agree Amy clearly had a self destructive personality (and would possibly have ended up an addict regardless of whom she was with) I'm sure a craving for sugary foods is associated with being on heroin. So it's likely she was addicted to heroin at that point, rather than fizzy Haribo :D

I've never particularly liked Blake, probably because I really admired Amy and wanted to see her sort herself out and get clean. Blake always seemed to be an obstacle in relation to her sobriety (although she was probably an obstacle for him also.) It was a classic and tragic case of two addicts who can't live without each other, even though their relationship brings out the worst in both of them.

I still miss Amy though. Despite all her flaws, she always came across as a genuinely decent, talented young woman who had rather severe mental health issues (which is probably why she turned to drugs in the first place- to self medicate.) Being famous most likely made it worse, since I really don't believe she ever realised how truly talented she was. I think she was used by a lot of people to make money, and people just started to see her as a product rather than a person.

This video of her with a fan breaks my heart, because I think it perfectly demonstrates how fragile and lonely she was, and how a lot of people were just interested in her image rather than her: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQ41IItQyos
    Forum Member
    RuinedGirl wrote: »
    This video of her with a fan breaks my heart, because I think it perfectly demonstrates how fragile and lonely she was, and how a lot of people were just interested in her image rather than her: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQ41IItQyos

Really? It just looks like her signing some autographs and having a picture? Nothing more, nothing less. :confused:
  • louise1966louise1966 Posts: 4,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't watch JK. I would opine, however, that, generically, whatever part Blake played in Amy's eventual drug addiction - perhaps he became an enabler - no-one can force anyone else to take drugs; they take them because they want to. My sympathies are always with the families of drug addicts; they are the ones who suffer the consequences. The addict knew prior to taking drugs for the first time, that they would, in all likelihood, became addicted, yet still take them; they have a choice, the family doesn't.
    So whilst I do not believe that Ms Winehouse deserved to die because of her actions, she was the fabricator of her own ultimate destiny.
    More and more people are of the opinion that the way to reduce drug crime is to legalise them; This is not my view. What Blake did was illegal and immoral. He was fortunate not to meet the same fate as Amy did.
  • RuinedGirlRuinedGirl Posts: 918
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really? It just looks like her signing some autographs and having a picture? Nothing more, nothing less. :confused:

She says to him ''You didn't want to talk or nothing?'' and he says ''No.'' The fact she'd even ask if a fan wants to talk to her says a lot about her loneliness and general self-esteem.
    Forum Member
    RuinedGirl wrote: »
    She says to him ''You didn't want to talk or nothing?'' and he says ''No.'' The fact she'd even ask if a fan wants to talk to her says a lot about her loneliness and general self-esteem.

Sorry just rewatched, must've missed that the first time.