E4 5am shutdown

156418156418 Posts: 1,806
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Anyone know why E4 shuts down at around 5am, then restarts at 6?

I often just have the TV on if on an early shift as I'm getting ready and it just seems to close down mid programme - it doesnt even seem to close properly, just a looping video of a cat in a hot air ballon, so not like the video stream bandwidth is being used for something else.

I guess there's little to no one watching, just seems odd to shutdown like that, especially when the EPG doesnt mention it.

Comments

• jj20xjj20x Posts: 2,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought they just went to the caption after the last programme ended but padded out the end time to 6am on the EPG. I could be wrong, I haven't paid much attention to it. I did find it odd that they had the caption and not a filler programme.
  • bobgeorge7912bobgeorge7912 Posts: 148
    Forum Member
    coz no one advertises that late at night & prog's finish earlier hence the 30-45 mins of purple.
  • jj20xjj20x Posts: 2,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    coz no one advertises that late at night & prog's finish earlier hence the 30-45 mins of purple.

No one advertises at that time of night? really? I must just have imagined the massive amounts teleshopping around during those hours.
  • kevkev Posts: 21,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Possibly makes scheduling easier as the watershed is 21:00 - 06:00 (IIRC) and therefore programmes from 21:00 - 05:00 on E4 end up being 22:00 - 07:00 on E4+1?
  • gottagogottago Posts: 14,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The watershed ends at 5:30.