Cancelled /Renew Shows & Pick-ups

thelostonethelostone Posts: 2,697
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Post shows here that get cancelled or renew
TV BY THE NUMBERS

Fox Cancels 'Breaking In,' 'Human Target,' 'The Chicago Code,' 'Lie To Me' & 'Traffic Light'

Comments

• FunkmasterTFunkmasterT Posts: 14,369
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wikipedia has a fairly decent article with cancellations and renewals on it. It doesn't have any cable stuff, though: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010%E2%80%932011_United_States_network_television_schedule#Cancellations.2FSeries_Endings

TV by The Numbers is usually where I get my news from, though.

All of Fox's shows have now been sorted, I think.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,737
    Forum Member
    thelostone wrote: »
    TV BY THE NUMBERS

Fox Cancels 'Breaking In,' 'Human Target,' 'The Chicago Code,' 'Lie To Me' & 'Traffic Light'

Instead of just Cancelled and renewed , it would be an idea to make it Cancelled / Renewed and Pick-ups. News is already leaking regarding the fate of shows that have aired this year, but news is also leaking in relation to new series which have been picked up to series for te upcoming "Fall" schedules. Also the Upfronts are just days away, and at the individual Network Upfronts we will get confirmation of cancellation and renewals PLUS new series pick ups.

Just an idea.
  • FunkmasterTFunkmasterT Posts: 14,369
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    spaintv wrote: »
    Instead of just Cancelled and renewed , it would be an idea to make it Cancelled / Renewed and Pick-ups. News is already leaking regarding the fate of shows that have aired this year, but news is also leaking in relation to new series which have been picked up to series for te upcoming "Fall" schedules. Also the Upfronts are just days away, and at the individual Network Upfronts we will get confirmation of cancellation and renewals PLUS new series pick ups.

Just an idea.

I like the idea of a new thread for pilots and new show pick-ups, myself. It's nice to be able to go over all the trailers for everything, etc, without having all the bitching about Chuck being cancelled. And trust me, if Chuck gets cancelled, I'll be doing a lot of bitching:p
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Still nothing on 'V' :cry:

There has been a real increase of cancellations before a full first series has aired, recently :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 225
    Forum Member
    Was just reading about The Chicago Code yesterday, sounded semi-interesting but I suppose I won't bother now :eek:
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Talky Tiki wrote: »
    Was just reading about The Chicago Code yesterday, sounded semi-interesting but I suppose I won't bother now :eek:

Same here - had it series linked but i'll just take it off.
  • 00tommo00tommo Posts: 2,195
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I bet that Sky are really pissed off with the timing of the announcement of The Chicago Code being cancelled as they have been promoting it quite heavily.
    Shame that Lie To Me has gone, whilst it was never truly amazing I thought it was always enjoyable, mainly due to Tim Roth.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really enjoy Lie to me and am sad it's been cancelled. Do I take it that the second half of the current season now won't show?
  • joebloggs90joebloggs90 Posts: 642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TV BY THE NUMBERS

NOOOOOO!!!:mad:

Damn you FOX!! I take it this bloodbath is to make room for more "reality" like X-Factor (which will be 5hrs a week if AI is anything to go by). I liked the look of 'Chicago Code' but is it worth the effort of getting into knowing it's already a gonner?
    I realy like LTM, and HT was enjoyable enough, at least Fringe and House were saved.

Fox seem to have a habit of ruining then killing off shows that I've liked (New Amsterdam, Dollhouse, TSCC spring to mind from recent years)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,029
    Forum Member
    I was planning on watching The Chicago Code if it got renewed but that went out of the window. Didn't watch any of the others so I'm not bothered about them being cancelled. It seems like Fox is getting rid of a load of their shows to make room for the x factor, which is a gamble in itself as it may not do as well as they are expecting.

I'm still waiting really impatiently to find out whether V and Nikita will be renewed!
  • Metal MickeyMetal Mickey Posts: 1,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The US networks are so ruthless about cancelling shows at the drop of a hat if they're not performing... it's old news, but The Paul Reiser Show was cancelled after just 2 episodes a few weeks ago, while he was still doing the promotional tour for it!! He seemed to be a good sport about it, and was pretty funny on The Jay Leno Show the day after he got the news...

Anyway, this thread is a good idea - the network upfront presentations are next week, so there'll be lots to bitch about :)
  • suffolkbluesuffolkblue Posts: 4,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Simon cowell gets his way in america stop good drama shows for Rubbush x-factor etc.I wont miss many but Lie to me is fantastic and i wish they would reconsider stopping it :mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TV BY THE NUMBERS

This was the website that said fringe had been cancelled, lot of guessing going on on that website.

I much rather keep check on DS own cancelled/renewed shows page which is updated as soon as they hear and is 100% accurate.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/tubetalk/a310469/the-2011-12-season-tv-scorecard.html
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 774
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why are you's really shocked. The way they treat the shows nowadays is a joke. I havn't bothered watching any new shows this year (Except Breakout Kings) as everything gets cancelled.

I'm currently watching The Wire. I'll watch shows which have a proper ending now.

Also cable ch shows have a better chance of being picked up because they ain't as ratings driven.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,697
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This was the website that said fringe had been cancelled, lot of guessing going on on that website.

I much rather keep check on DS own cancelled/renewed shows page which is updated as soon as they hear and is 100% accurate.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/tubetalk/a310469/the-2011-12-season-tv-scorecard.html
    bythenumbers never said that Fringe had ever been cancelled. It did say on several occasions that it was more likely to be cancelled than renewed going by the ratings. But it if I understand correctly, Fringe out performed other shows on the night even though it was placed in the Friday graveyard slot when it returned and Fox decided to give it a fourth series (something I'm pleased about).

The DS list is bound to be accurate as its only updated when the announcement is made unlike bythenumbers which is guessing but has been fairly accurate and has been since I've been reading it.
    Just one inaccuracy on the DS list is The Cape. This shows as "effectively cancelled". It was cancelled as far back as 8th March.
  • GrecomaniaGrecomania Posts: 19,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh, I quite liked "Breaking in", Christian Slater strikes again. Lie to Me was good, but it did seem to be losing it's way somewhat.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,737
    Forum Member

That website has mostly got its predictions right for years now. Many of us who have eben following it for years can vouch for that.

With Fringe, their assessment was a fair and reasonable one. Fringe would have been cancelled judging by its numbers, but only got renewed as aresult of a lot behind the scenes talk and as a "gesture" in part for having moved the shwo to a Friday death slot, were it has sort of kept good numbers. The move to Friday was a "Fox experiment" of high risk and just for that, it gained a little more suport from the network. I love Fringe, but ratings wise the show has been doing badly since its launch.
  • MoreTearsMoreTears Posts: 7,025
    Forum Member
    Since this thread is also for "Pick-Ups," why isn't anybody mentioning that Fox didn't just cancel some shows, but announced the pick-ups of some of their pilots? I would think of particular interest here would be Alcatraz, from JJ Abrams. It is supposed to be about the sudden appearance in the present of about twenty people, inmates and guards, who mysteriously vanished from Alcatraz prison 50 years ago.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh, I quite liked "Breaking in", Christian Slater strikes again.

Yeah, I was interested in this too but, as you say, the curse strikes again :D What's that? 3 TV shows in a trot that he's been in that's been cancelled prematurely :rolleyes:

I like CS but I get the feeling he won't be invited to appear in any more pilots in the near future. He's become a bit of a "Johnny Drama" ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    I can't say as i'm overly bothered about the cancellations of Human Target, The Chicago Code and Lie To Me.

HT was only ever fluffy action entertainment, that i wont particularly miss (has season 2 even been shown in the UK yet?). TCC i've not even started watching yet (although i'll give it a chance tomorrow). And LTM seemed to have run out of steam this season with mediocre storylines and inexplicable changes in certain character's personalities (in Season 2 Cal and Foster looked to be heading towards some kind of romantic storyline, then in the Season 3 premiere they hate each other:confused:). All their ratings were pretty poor, so i'm not surprised.

I really hope that The X Factor fails for Fox though, that's 5 hours it's taking up which could be used for potentially decent scripted dramas. Although i suppose the chances of TXF failing are slim to none (unless the Americans can't understand Cheryl Cole! God willing!).
    thedrewser wrote: »
    I really enjoy Lie to me and am sad it's been cancelled. Do I take it that the second half of the current season now won't show?

Apparently Sky1 are going to show the rest of Season 3 starting early next month. There's a thread somewhere in this forum with the details.
  • NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    Human Target

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:!!

Second season wasn't as good, but still more entertaining than most programmes.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CJClarke wrote: »
    Apparently Sky1 are going to show the rest of Season 3 starting early next month. There's a thread somewhere in this forum with the details.

Are there any more episodes to see? I though Sky were waiting on the the second half of the season from the US or did they only show the first few eps, like they did with Bones, before christmas? :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    Are there any more episodes to see? I though Sky were waiting on the the second half of the season from the US or did they only show the first few eps, like they did with Bones, before christmas? :confused:

Yeah, they only showed up to episode 4 of Season 3 before they inexplicably stopped (like they did with Bones). We've still got episodes 5-13 to air, with episode 13 being the last ever episode.
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    MoreTears wrote: »
    Since this thread is also for "Pick-Ups," why isn't anybody mentioning that Fox didn't just cancel some shows, but announced the pick-ups of some of their pilots? I would think of particular interest here would be Alcatraz, from JJ Abrams. It is supposed to be about the sudden appearance in the present of about twenty people, inmates and guards, who mysteriously vanished from Alcatraz prison 50 years ago.

That sounds remarkably similar to The 4400
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    CJClarke wrote: »
    I can't say as i'm overly bothered about the cancellations of Human Target, The Chicago Code and Lie To Me.

HT was only ever fluffy action entertainment, that i wont particularly miss (has season 2 even been shown in the UK yet?). TCC i've not even started watching yet (although i'll give it a chance tomorrow). And LTM seemed to have run out of steam this season with mediocre storylines and inexplicable changes in certain character's personalities (in Season 2 Cal and Foster looked to be heading towards some kind of romantic storyline, then in the Season 3 premiere they hate each other:confused:). All their ratings were pretty poor, so i'm not surprised.

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1472606&highlight=lie+to+me