Jaden Smith..

Comments

• *Sparkle**Sparkle* Posts: 10,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's not always obvious what is or is not open to children/teens. A lot of licensed premises allow under 18s in during the day, or if it's considered more of a restaurant etc.

Trying to get into a bar is not the same as getting blind drunk.

I'd also point out that most 14 year olds have their moments, just most aren't under the spotlight. Personally, I think the public/press are generally too quick to judge, and rarely care about the reality, so just like to twist stories. If they've not tried to do it this time, that's good.
  • i4ui4u Posts: 54,983
    Forum Member
    sammyvine wrote: »
    He free-styled on Westwood. Why would his dad be there when he is free-styling and it has nothing to do with Will Smith?

When you were younger and you were doing things, were you parents always there?:eek:

The thread is about Jaden Smith not me, 14 year old entertainer turning up without a chaperone to a gig with a BBC Radio 1 DJ, don't his parents read the press?

Listen to the words of that rap...from a 14 year old, who are the sexy ladies other 13,14 or 15 year olds?

It seems he's the son of a celeb therefore can say and do what he wishes, if they kept it within the family fine...but they are promoting it as a commercial product.
  • Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nothing wrong with having a bit of attitude. He is 14. His dad is Will Smith, the biggest movie star in the world. Whilst a lot of celeb kids may come across far more ''humble'', everybody reacts differently.

Cut the kid some slack!

Firstly his father is not the biggest movie star in the world - and so what if Will Smith makes obscene amounts of money for appearing in movies.:confused: are we supposed to bow down to his offspring because of this..not sure what your point is. Jaden comes accross as the big I am with a massive attitude, Self entitled plonker. Cut him some slack my A**e,
  • PinkPetuniaPinkPetunia Posts: 5,479
    Forum Member
    I never saw Jaden Smith or heard much about him but saw him on Graham Norton this week .Have to say he annoyed the hell out of me , he has a massive ego and from what I could see is way too big for his boots . Annoying little git was my impression .
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I never saw Jaden Smith or heard much about him but saw him on Graham Norton this week .Have to say he annoyed the hell out of me , he has a massive ego and from what I could see is way too big for his boots . Annoying little git was my impression .

Wonder if that is what the Abomination that is Andre wants for his son.
    I think he is in training atm.:(
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I saw that too. Jaden's only 14 but he's already got all the doors open for him because his dad's a big star.

Kids are easily influenced at that age and inevitably his head is going to be turned by all the glitz and money and meeting these big stars. Most 14 year olds act a bit full of themselves anyway.

By the time they're 18 and can make their own decisions, the Smith kids are either going to have matured or turned into the usual horror spawn of celebrity.
  • haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Will Smith and his son totally dominated the whole show and the less egocentric guests didn't get much airtime given to them.
  • Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    haphash wrote: »
    Will Smith and his son totally dominated the whole show and the less egocentric guests didn't get much airtime given to them.

The Smiths did dominate to the show to a large degree, but that was to be expected.

Will Smith is a hugely charismatic & engaging personality; almost like the Muhammad Ali of showbusiness (ironic as he played Ali once) & Jaden seems to be cut from the same cloth, so it was almost inevitable that they would garner most of the airtime.
  • offtotheracesofftotheraces Posts: 723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nothing wrong with having a bit of attitude.

Maybe not in showbiz land, but kids in general having attitude is very wrong I think. It's one thing to be confident and a bit cheeky but kids can be really awful these days as they have become untouchable.
  • user1234567user1234567 Posts: 12,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Smiths did dominate to the show to a large degree, but that was to be expected.

Will Smith is a hugely charismatic & engaging personality; almost like the Muhammad Ali of showbusiness (ironic as he played Ali once) & Jaden seems to be cut from the same cloth, so it was almost inevitable that they would garner most of the airtime.
    The difference is that people have grown up with Will and seen him progress through life, earning everything he now has. If his son comes across as bigheaded, it's not going to endear him to people. This isn't a phenomenon restricted to celebrities. There are plenty of normal people who get jobs in their parent's business and they come across as spoiled gobsh1tes. If they had to make it on their own, they would be lost.

If Will and Jaden were truely cut from the same cloth, then Jaden would become a star in his own right without any help from Will. Do people genuienly think that without Will's help, Jaden has the charisma and talent to make it on his own?
  • Roland MouseRoland Mouse Posts: 9,531
    Forum Member
    Let's face facts: Would Jaden Smith be offered his first film if his Dad wasn't Will Smith?

Answer no!

Famous for having a famous Dad and would just be seen and rejected like everyone else who needed to audition for a part.

Of course, silly tweenies throw themselves at anyone they are told to and so the adulation has gone to his head.
  • Roland MouseRoland Mouse Posts: 9,531
    Forum Member
    As far as the Graham Norton show goes, there was many a time when he stopped and was out off his depth on stage. He would then look around at what his Dad was doing and copied that.

He is not a star or talented outside of the family influence.
  • sammyvinesammyvine Posts: 3,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i4u wrote: »
    The thread is about Jaden Smith not me, 14 year old entertainer turning up without a chaperone to a gig with a BBC Radio 1 DJ, don't his parents read the press?

Listen to the words of that rap...from a 14 year old, who are the sexy ladies other 13,14 or 15 year olds?

It seems he's the son of a celeb therefore can say and do what he wishes, if they kept it within the family fine...but they are promoting it as a commercial product.

What's wrong with freest-lying on Westwood....?

He is into music i am guessing (hence why he was there), so he was there to show case his talents. If he was saying abusive, out of order things then i would be like ''yeah that's too far''...but i don't think i heard any of that.
    Also most 14/15 year olds are into boys/girls so theres nothing knew there.
    I think your being too harsh on him. I am sure Will Smith knows what he is doing with his kids.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Firstly his father is not the biggest movie star in the world - and so what if Will Smith makes obscene amounts of money for appearing in movies.:confused: are we supposed to bow down to his offspring because of this..not sure what your point is. Jaden comes accross as the big I am with a massive attitude, Self entitled plonker. Cut him some slack my A**e,

Where did i say that you have to bow down to his offspring:rolleyes:

What i am saying is that if your parents are Hollywood stars, you are most likely to have a little bit of attitude....No matter what they say its hard not being a bit bratty when your born into riches, fame, showbiz etc..

Also Will Smith is the biggest movie star if your going by how much his moves make...
    Is he the best actor in Hollywood? Nope, i don't think he. But he certainly is one of the most popular.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe not in showbiz land, but kids in general having attitude is very wrong I think. It's one thing to be confident and a bit cheeky but kids can be really awful these days as they have become untouchable.

It is wrong i agree: )

But like it or not, most kids who have Hollywood parents do have that sort of 'bratty' vibe surrounding them.

Now i know not all of them are like that and you may find some real 'humble' hollywood kids, but its rare to be like that when your surrounded with riches, stardom etc.
  • barcajadenbarcajaden Posts: 1,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

TBH if your dad was one of the biggest stars in the movie business you will most likely have a bit of attitude in you.

Noooo, i am not saying Will Smith is God, and the best thing since sliced bread...but Jaden Smith has probably lived in mansions all his life, stayed in 5* hotels, met some of the most famous people in the world etc...plus he is only 14 so maybe that's his way of dealing with it. Some young people are not as good as appearing down to earth as others. Plus Will Smith seems kinda laid back and won't force his children to behave in a certain way.

He will most likely mature and come down a bit when he he gets older:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't see his dad here when 14 year old Jaden visited Tim Westwood, and performed this.

If the stories in the press are true, then it's suprising the authorities haven't stepped in...or is it because he is a 'celeb'?

Are you being serious.....:eek::rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The difference is that people have grown up with Will and seen him progress through life, earning everything he now has. If his son comes across as bigheaded, it's not going to endear him to people. This isn't a phenomenon restricted to celebrities. There are plenty of normal people who get jobs in their parent's business and they come across as spoiled gobsh1tes. If they had to make it on their own, they would be lost.

If Will and Jaden were truely cut from the same cloth, then Jaden would become a star in his own right without any help from Will. Do people genuienly think that without Will's help, Jaden has the charisma and talent to make it on his own?

Who know's I think he is a decent actor myself.
    That's said...that's life really. You know/related to certain people, you get the jobs etc..
    Forum Member
    barcajaden wrote: »
    Are you being serious.....:eek::rolleyes:

If the stories were true this was a 14 year old turning up at clubs with an 18 year old, not once but a number of times. Forget his celeb status and series questions would need to be asked of his parents or guardians.

If those adults thought it was ok for him to be with them at clubs, they may have thought it ok to give him alcohol, maybe even drugs.
  • offtotheracesofftotheraces Posts: 723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If the stories were true this was a 14 year old turning up at clubs with an 18 year old, not once but a number of times. Forget his celeb status and series questions would need to be asked of his parents or guardians.

If those adults thought it was ok for him to be with them at clubs, they may have thought it ok to give him alcohol, maybe even drugs.

I think you're overreacting rather a lot here...
    Forum Member
    TBH if your dad was one of the biggest stars in the movie business you will most likely have a bit of attitude in you.

Noooo, i am not saying Will Smith is God, and the best thing since sliced bread...but Jaden Smith has probably lived in mansions all his life, stayed in 5* hotels, met some of the most famous people in the world etc...plus he is only 14 so maybe that's his way of dealing with it. Some young people are not as good as appearing down to earth as others. Plus Will Smith seems kinda laid back and won't force his children to behave in a certain way.

Will Smith can probably afford to be laid back, ie buy therapy and rehab if required. The environment his children are growing up in is a million dollars away from most peoples situation.

A chilled layback parental attitude on a Rochdale social housing estate is probably going to have a different outcome than on a exclusive Beverly Hills housing estate.
    Forum Member
    I think you're overreacting rather a lot here...

Imagine a group of males turn up at a nitespot with a 14 year old girl in tow, not once but a number of times I'd think there would be raised eyebrows.

Imagine if they weren't celebs and the police had been present, would they have turned a blind eye or questioned the 14 year old, possibly taken her home or had been duty bound to inform social services?
  • chloebchloeb Posts: 6,501
    Forum Member

Absolutely
  • jazzyjakejazzyjake Posts: 1,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Imagine a group of males turn up at a nitespot with a 14 year old girl in tow, not once but a number of times I'd think there would be raised eyebrows.

Imagine if they weren't celebs and the police had been present, would they have turned a blind eye or questioned the 14 year old, possibly taken her home or had been duty bound to inform social services?

Chill!
    Will and Jada Smith are doing just fine.
    I read recently that his daughter didn't wanna appear in the new Annie film and instead wanted to hang out with his friends. He said he was okay with that and removed her from the role.
    I reckon he's a good dad and with all that money, he's in good hands I'm sure.
  • Rose*~*Rose*~* Posts: 7,008
    Forum Member
    So, apparently he tried to get into a bar to celebrate Justin Bieber's birthday, but was not allowed in, because he is only 14.

Where the heck are his parents, and why are they allowing their 14 year old son run around the world attempting to get into bars at the age of 14?
    Next thing we will see is this boy on drugs, entering rehab, because he obviously has no parents in his life actually spending time with him and trying to raise him properly.

His parents are Scientologists. They believe children can do anything they damn well please.