Celebs who act nice in the spotlight but are horrible in person

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,111
    Forum Member
    greengran wrote: »
    My daughter met Sir Peter Ustinov when she was doing PR work experience in her 2nd year at Uni, helping to host a show party. He asked her what she was studying and what she wanted to do in the future and spent nearly 30mins talking to her.She said he was one of the loveliest and most interesting men she'd met.
    My niece worked with Jimmy Nail and also Stephen Fry and said they were foul,

Met Sir Peter in a restaurant when I was on my way home on leave from the Army. The place was full and the waitress asked if I minded if I shared a table. I thought the guy looked familiar and then I realised who it was. Incredibly nice bloke, very interested in people. We chatted a lot about the military over the meal.

I know Jimmy Nail from way back in the North East. His blues band was called King Crab and they used to practice in the next room to the band I was in in a pub in the North East. He also used to sing in Balmbra;s Music Hall and used to wear a posh frock belonging to his wife and no underwear while performing. I did some session work as a vocalist with the bass guitarist from their band for a few months. Very 'what you see is what you get' sort of bloke is Jimmy.
  • monalisa62003monalisa62003 Posts: 56,845
    Forum Member
    layza101 wrote: »

BUT she also said Blue (the band) came in when they were just getting started and they were horrid and thought they owned the whole shop, especailly Lee Ryan, and she said that there was a girl in the shop too who looked about 14 or 15 but was stunnin, and he told her she could have V.I.P tickets for their concert, she accepted, and then when the girl had gone she heard Lee saying to another member 'I'm gonna have her tonight' and making horrible sex gestures. :eek:
    4 normal blokes see a girl? lee would be like that but most blokes are like that
  • alfiewozerealfiewozere Posts: 29,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    4 normal blokes see a girl? lee would be like that but most blokes are like that
    Not all blokes are repulsive creeps.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Met Phil "The Power " Taylor in a pub once when he was doing an exhibition match. He stood at the bar with me and my mate , talking for about 30 mins, and even bought us a pint. A true gent.
  • Jake2008Jake2008 Posts: 1,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was in harrods shopping, I accidently bumped into this gorgeous woman, I apologised and she said thats fine I need glasses to see where I am going...it was Jennifer Aniston
    Came across a complete delight

Victoria beckham gave me a kiss when I was like 7/8

And believe it or not Frank Lampard & Christine Bleakley are complete professionals. Was walking in a shopping centre, and frank was having a kick about outside with a group of lads, whilst christine had a little girl (presumebly the sister) on her knee, they came across lovely

Gavin henson & charlotte church - both nice, gavin extremely shy but charlotte very smiley

Rob brydon - BRILLIANT!, signed autographs, was great with the kids

My dad knows roy hodgson from years ago aswell, bumped into him not too long ago and said hes sitll the humble and pleasent roy he has always been

Not so nice...

Niquita Oliver - sister said she was a complete stuck up bitch who was stropping

Katie price - spitting near peoples feet!
  • ILoveMyDogILoveMyDog Posts: 25,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ex-lurker wrote: »
    Steve-O (Jackass). Beat me up in a hotel lobby and kicked me repetitively while I was on the ground. Preston spat on me. Police came and took a statement, wanted me to prosecute but didn't want my name in the papers and to be hated by his fans. I see he is a PETA supporter now. makes me sick. I'm female by the way.

:eek: Why did he beat and kick you?? And is Preston the guy from Big Brother?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 140
    Forum Member
    ILoveMyDog wrote: »
    :eek: Why did he beat and kick you?? And is Preston the guy from Big Brother?

No not that Preston, he seems lovely. It's the fat one from Jackass called Preston. Well, a lot of alcohol had been consumed and we had an argument but never thought he'd go for me. A horrible night, was about 8 years ago ago and I was only 20. Since I've got older I've been kcking myself for letting him get away with it :mad:
  • spookyelectricspookyelectric Posts: 247
    Forum Member
    I am surprised at Brucie..mostly the old school showbiz types I've met are lovely
  • luvandlifeluvandlife Posts: 570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My aunt is a waitress at Caesars Palace in Vegas and meets tons of celebrities all the time but says that she served the actor Jamie Foxx (don't know if you guys know him) but she said he was really arrogant and didn't leave a tip! lol
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 37
    Forum Member
    Subrosa wrote: »
    Carol Vorderman. I have it on good authority that she talks through you rather than to you!

She once stopped on her Jag to help a cyclist who had fallen in ~Leeds when everyone else was driving off near the YTV studio , she used her own coat to cover her and her cardigan as a pillow until medics arrived.

She visited the girl in Hospital a few days later.

She could have just driven round her like everyone else
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 393
    Forum Member
    People I have met who are absolutely awful are
    Cilla Black
    Barbara Windsor (see stories in the Sun today - how fab sex was with george best!!)

and lovely people were
    jeremy beadle
    Jimmy Nail
    Jim Davidson
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68
    Forum Member
    I met Alex Ferguson at work once (i've met lots at work) and he was truly the nicest and funniest guy, he was laughing and chatting,posing for pictures, the complete opposite of what you see on tv.

Also met David Moyes who was grumpy and not very chatty which dissapointed me a bit because I am an Everton fan. :mad:

Les Battersby from Corrie was walking around waiting to be noticed and everyone ignored him lol.:D

Eric Pollard from Emmerdale was weird, very chatty and nice but just seemed off his trolley a bit.
    The Crankeys were nice and friendly, as was David James.

Oh and Jack Duckworth was lovely when I met him on a plane.
  • Angel_DelightsAngel_Delights Posts: 2,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    soapdiva wrote: »
    Barbara Windsor (see stories in the Sun today - how fab sex was with george best!!)

Vomit

We all know how she got ahead in showbiz....laying on her back for Sid James and Co.

Never understood her appeal and always left me struck dumb when she was referred to as the Queen of EastEnders, if you can call screaming at people for 15 years acting? :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 135
    Forum Member
    i met a few famous people and the nasty ones i met most have been mentioned her

westlife ( extremly up themselves rude to fans except mark who was sweet )

peter kay ( avoided signing autographs after a small charity show he did )

dave spikey ( again could not be bothered signing autographs)

nikki sanderson ( did the whole 'dont you know who i am' routine so she could get moved up to first class on a flight )

joey barton ( extremly rude when he played for city, never liked signing autographs for girls unless they were fit )

there are loads of footy stars who are quite rude :(

but the nice ones for commparisson are:

paul dickov ( just a top guy and nothing is too much of a hassle )

paddy mcguiness ( so nice and friendly )

justin moorhouse ( very nice annd just a guy who is great for cuddles :) )

Jimmy Carr ( suprisingly nice and easy to talk to )

darren hayes ( very sweet )

Ardal O'hanlon ( the NICEST celeb I have met )

dr/prof brian cox ( very clever but very nice man

hoping the nice things i have heard about greg davies arer true because want to add his autograph to my ccollecttion :)
  • Barbarella81Barbarella81 Posts: 580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ant's a nice man, Dec can be a grumpy git at times in my (very limited) experience:)

Dec has always been lovely when I've met him, he hasn't changed in 15 yrs. Ant is quieter, and I assumed he was moody at first, but I don't think thats the case, hes just quiet.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,376
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

dr/prof brian cox ( very clever but very nice man

He is my secret crush.. easy on the eye, pleasant, intelligent and as a good sense of humour... whats not to love about him.
  • angelafisherangelafisher Posts: 4,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He is my secret crush.. easy on the eye, pleasant, intelligent and as a good sense of humour... whats not to love about him.

Indeed!!! :D
  • CMcKinleyCMcKinley Posts: 3,980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unigal07 wrote: »
    My sister's friend met Gok Wan in a club in Liverpool one night, and went up to him and said "Hey Gok, sorry to bother you, but what do you think of my outfit?" (or something like that) and he just said "Sorry love it's my day off" and just turned his back on her.

I know he must get it all the time but politeness costs nothing. I was gutted because I love Gok on TV.

He said sorry, what else did she want/expect?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 135
    Forum Member

totally agree with u

u have excellent taste :cool:

can u imagine the poor girls in his class not being able 2 get any work done because he was teaching them
  • shoesgirlshoesgirl Posts: 179
    Forum Member
    the more z list you are, the worse u are to work with- the bigger the star, the nicer they are.

Oh that is so very true !!
    Back in the late 80's / early 90's I did a bit of work for a Saturday Morning Kids TV programme and the guests on it were frequently TV or pop music stars.

Some were adorable and certainly the higher the star rating the nicer they were. I came across lots of minor celebs and one hit wonders with ideas above their station but one really stuck out.
    She was a small of stature Liverpudlian singer who had a couple of hits - although I think she broke with her management due to personality conflicts. Her talent was in direct proportion to her height and she was an utter nightmare.
    She refused to turn up to rehearsal on time putting everyone on the entire programme out, she criticised the set that had been built for her (despite it being created to her exact specifications and instructions) she refused to walk down stairs to make an entrance which meant the running order had to be shuffled to accommodate her, she was rude, inconsiderate, loud mouthed and a general pain in the backside.
    Fans who waited hours to see her were ignored and she looked down on everyone. I never heard her say "good morning", "please" or "thank you" to anyone over the two days she was at the studio.
    Unfortunately we staff had no option other than be nice to her and cater to her ridiculous whims but boy were we glad when that programme wrapped.
    I can't imagine why you don't see her around much these days - it's a mystery to me :rolleyes:
  • Angel_DelightsAngel_Delights Posts: 2,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Short liverpudlian singer from the late 80's? Sounds like Sonia to me Shoesgirl lol
  • shoesgirlshoesgirl Posts: 179
    Forum Member
    Angel Delight - you should be a detective if you're not already :D
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vomit

We all know how she got ahead in showbiz....laying on her back for Sid James and Co.

Never understood her appeal and always left me struck dumb when she was referred to as the Queen of EastEnders, if you can call screaming at people for 15 years acting? :confused:

Yep.

I have never understood the appeal of 'Babs'. Quite apart from the physical appeal - no tits, very plain, she is also a woman who has had multiple abortions - sorry, I can't respect someone who has done that. (I'm not getting into the whole abortion debate and I wouldn't condone anyone who has had one but to have 5)...:(:(:(

She is also a one trick pony who cannot act and has never shown any depth in any of her performances.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,341
    Forum Member
    Met Johhny Ball in the manchester Arndale Centre a couple of years ago but tdidn't talk to him much as he was on his way to do somehting about a competioton but he seems like a decent bloke.

Anyway, I believe Iron maiden and Bal-sagoth;re GREAT and Iron maiden're about the fans and music. Probably why they've lasted so long.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,376
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    totally agree with u

u have excellent taste :cool:

can u imagine the poor girls in his class not being able 2 get any work done because he was teaching them

Rather puts me in mind of Indiana Jones and The Raiders of the Lost Ark where the studen had written "love" and "you" on her eyelids...... I would be that student!

I'll tell you who is a cracking fella, great sense of humour and happy to chat to anyone, Robin Williams... what a star!