Dec Donnelly splits with his girlfriend

Comments

• Goldbear86Goldbear86 Posts: 1,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Ant and Dec. is Dec gay? I don't know. But if he is good luck to him. He doesn't have to "come out" He is entitled to a private life.
  • glaschelleglaschelle Posts: 536
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TTTango wrote: »
    It is not the fact he is gay that has made me lose respect (I luv lots of gay men on telly Graham Norton, Alan Carr, John Barrowman) Its the fact he is lying about it.:(

So what! When has he lied? Has he done an interview where someone has actually asked him outright? Why do gay people have to 'come out' anyway?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is not the fact he is gay that has made me lose respect (I luv lots of gay men on telly Graham Norton, Alan Carr, John Barrowman) Its the fact he is lying about it.:(
    Is he gay? How do you actually know, apart from your own suspicions based on what you see on TV and read in the gutter press like The Sun and Heat. So he's a bit camp, not married and cant hold down a relationship. It doesn't mean he is gay.

In fact have you not just libelled him by saying "its not the fact he's gay" your saying it like it is fact?
  • TTTangoTTTango Posts: 7,619
    Forum Member
    Is he gay? How do you actually know, apart from your own suspicions based on what you see on TV and read in the gutter press like The Sun and Heat. So he's a bit camp, not married and cant hold down a relationship. It doesn't mean he is gay.

In fact have you not just libelled him by saying "its not the fact he's gay" your saying it like it is fact?

I don't know for sure if he is gay or not, but there are so many rumours (in the industry as well) and it is more than the occasional one - You know what they say no smoke without fire ;)
  • Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know for sure if he is gay or not, but there are so many rumours (in the industry as well) and it is more than the occasional one - You know what they say no smoke without fire ;)

But you said....

NOTE - 'fact'. Neither you nor I nor anyone else knows for a 'fact' he's gay.Why should anyone who is gay be forced to come out just for public edification and to satisfy their desire for prurient stories anyway? :confused:
  • bronsonbronson Posts: 1,441
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any pics of Dec walking/out and about with another man?

I've not seen any,it would be in the papers if hes seen with someone thats not ant.
  • SpaceToiletsSpaceToilets Posts: 3,343
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just cannot understand the wishful thinking and desperate, delusional desire people have in here for celebrities to be gay. I know the DS forum is generally weird anyway but this type of behaviour is just bizarre. If there is no actual proof Dec is actually gay then why bang on about it like it's fact? Rumours? There are rumours that Nazis have been living on the moon since 1945 and that I am the messiah.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just cannot understand the wishful thinking and desperate, delusional desire people have in here for celebrities to be gay. I know the DS forum is generally weird anyway but this type of behaviour is just bizarre. If there is no actual proof Dec is actually gay then why bang on about it like it's fact? Rumours? There are rumours that Nazis have been living on the moon since 1945 and that I am the messiah.
    Exactly. This forum seems to want just about everyone to be Gay, there is almost a Gay obsession on here. How many soap threads about Gay characters just go on and on and on?

If Dec is Gay then that's his business, if he doesn't want people to know then fine. However apart from being a tad camp there is nothing else to suggest is, why people on here cant just leave him alone I don't know.
  • sparkle22sparkle22 Posts: 1,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    either he is gay or he's a camp straight man people are afraid to come out even now tv presenters especially.
    alan carr & graham norton aside people see what happened to michael barrymore when he came out and don't want that.
    not the bad press he got afterwards.
  • mabbus-cattus1mabbus-cattus1 Posts: 5,777
    Forum Member
    For what its worth I absolutely do not believe Dec is gay but IF he was then it would make no difference to me at all. I would still watch IACGMOOH, Saturday Night Takeaway and anything else he appears on. Once a fan, always a fan! :D
  • abivanabivan Posts: 754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know if he is gay or not ( I doubt it) and I wouldn't be at all surprised to hear soon that he is seeing a certain radio presenter's daughter.
  • attackmusicattackmusic Posts: 3,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

This. It's beyond a joke. I'm a female who has had relationships with men and women, but I'm not gonna claim every hot female celebrity is lesbian/bi. Some gay DS posters are completely delusional, they claim people are gay when they have no way of knowing. Bizarre.
  • cazzzcazzz Posts: 12,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    abivan wrote: »
    I don't know if he is gay or not ( I doubt it) and I wouldn't be at all surprised to hear soon that he is seeing a certain radio presenter's daughter.

I don't care if he is gay either, they are great on TV and it shows that they are great friends off TV. (should the presenters daughter be on the blind forum as I have no idea who it could be). Another clue please:o

I have never watched Red or Black , Britains got talent for two years, and nothing of Sat Night Takeaway this year but I always watch I'm a Celeb...they make the show. I just watched the Rhumble video from Sat Takeaway with a smile. I think they are brill at what they do and there isn't anyone else to touch them in their field.

oops got my threads mixed,thought this was the And and Dec cannot do no wrong...but nevermind, the same applies!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't put it on the blind forum as I can't provide a link. It is more like local gossip than actual fact. They are spending time together and may be just great friends.

If they are an item then he could do a lot worse. She is a lovely girl/woman. She is 30 so I'm not sure what category she comes under!

And the fact that I put radio presenter rather than DJ was the clue.
    Forum Member

Its time Dec got a new girlfriend the rumours are getting rife, so he needs to be seen with a woman. Things did not work with Ashley:(
  • cazzzcazzz Posts: 12,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't put it on the blind forum as I can't provide a link. It is more like local gossip than actual fact. They are spending time together and may be just great friends.

If they are an item then he could do a lot worse. She is a lovely girl/woman. She is 30 so I'm not sure what category she comes under!

nope, still no idea:o:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sacked from local radio now on bbc4 quite a lot.
    Forum Member
    Sacked from local radio now on bbc4 quite a lot.

Does he work for James Grant Management;)
  • mabbus-cattus1mabbus-cattus1 Posts: 5,777
    Forum Member
    Its time Dec got a new girlfriend the rumours are getting rife, so he needs to be seen with a woman. Things did not work with Ashley:(

Really? I only saw this recently.

Ashley confirms she's dating Dec
    Forum Member

Do you live in Chiswick?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No. Also he has different management.
  • sparkle22sparkle22 Posts: 1,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree that we have no way of knowing if he is but sounds like some of these stories about him are plants.
    by his management or PR.
    Forum Member
    Dec said years ago that someone bought it for him in Covent garden. I wonder who got it for him (about 2006-07) pre Georgie, post Claire.

Seems to wear it all the time. Must have great sentimental value;)
    Forum Member
    See Georgie has now traded up from Dec. She is now dating 6ft tall, privately educated Sir Charles Benedict Ainslie (otherwise known as Ben Ainslie) - who has 4 Olympic gold medals.

Who is sorry now Dec ?
  • FusionFuryFusionFury Posts: 14,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    See Georgie has now traded up from Dec. She is now dating 6ft tall, privately educated Sir Charles Benedict Ainslie (otherwise known as Ben Ainslie) - who has 4 Olympic gold medals.

Who is sorry now Dec ?

Georgie has not done bad for herself.