The Vampire Diaries season 4 US Pace (spoilers in tags)

Comments

• PalmerwhoPalmerwho Posts: 1,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Enjoyed this week very much.

The cure being a one shot deal was hardly shocking but to have Katherine spirit it away at the last moment was very her wasn't it! I guess she plans to make a deal with Klaus for her freedom, if I were her I'd plan how to make the trade very carefully or she'll end up a human blood bank ready for new Hybrids.

I hope the death of Jeremy sticks tbh, if not it becomes very much like Nathan from Heroes, where nobody actually cares that he's actually gone in the end. I've read elsewhere arguments for ('the tattoo's gone, he's human again and he's clearly wearing his ring') and against ('he's still a hunter and because he's a supernatural being the ring won't work) but there is more to come story wise if he stays dead. If it is the case as deaths go Jeremys was noble, he stood up for Bonnie and protected her when nobody else made it to Silas.

Guessing Silas does a disapearing act and appears in Mystic Falls towards the end of the season (if not one of the final scenes)

Tyler going did nothing for me, we all know he'll be back straight away if 'The Originals' gets picked up as Klaus will be in another city. Although Caroline sold the fact that he was gone for a long time if not 'forever' really well.

Either was Elena's gonna lose it..................................
  • Chris2387Chris2387 Posts: 105
    Forum Member
    Never really was attached to Jeremy as a character like I am with others so not really sad to see him go but kinda excited to see what happens for the story now. Same goes with Tyler. Hated him in season 1 then kinda loved him in season 2 but after that his storyline kinda came to a halt where there was really nothing left for him to do.

Excited that queen Katherine is back! And bring on Klaus and Caroline!
  • JCRJCR Posts: 24,009
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Being suggested online that Michael Trevino- Tyler- has legitimately finished with the show and won't be in any more episodes this season at the least.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JCR wrote: »
    Being suggested online that Michael Trevino- Tyler- has legitimately finished with the show and won't be in any more episodes this season at the least.

yeah, and next season he might just be a guest star on TVD or The Originals if that gets picked up
  • JCRJCR Posts: 24,009
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you ever have a problem, why not burn your house down? It's always the best solution. :p

Vampire Diaries is now off till March 14th.
  • LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was a bit of a strange episode for me, maybe because I've got used to Elena whining that it wasn't until Matt let go that I actually felt something about what happened.

Weird.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 163
    Forum Member
    So from the Trailer for the next episode after what Damon did Elena is a mix between Damon and Katherine now.
  • JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    Nina Dobrev is brilliant, her acting skills was never doubted by me but that episode, wow. I actually found myself crying and empathising with Elena because she's lost everyone she's ever loved and really has no family member left alive if you exclude Katherine :p It was a beautiful episode and the burning down the house was something I wasn't expecting.

Silas clearly has some magic left unless he's an immortal being who can shapeshift too. The promo for the next episode looks brilliant! Elena does seem like a mixture of Katherine and Damon, Katherine is badass because she has control. Elena seems to be lacking in that field.
  • Flash525Flash525 Posts: 8,862
    Forum Member
    ...well that was certainly an emotional episode, and I think the cast played their roles well. I'm also expecting Bonnie and Shane/Silas to succeed in their little plan.

My reason being, whenever bad things are set in motion and our team tries to stop then, our team fails and everything bad happens. Elena turning, Klaus getting his Hybrids, Jenna dying, Alaric dying, Jeremy dying (and all the other deaths). It seems logical to conclude that the next big failure will be stopping the resurrection.

Should this happen, there's going to be some sort of twist. I can't see Mikael, Fin, Kol, Anna, Alaric, Lexi, Mason, Isobel, Vicki, Sage and a whole bunch of others from suddenly returning (though such a reunion would be epic).

Thus, either this resurrection isn't quite what it sounds, or it's specific to an individual (such as Silus' lost love). Failing that, everyone does return, though someone uses the 'cure' on Silus moments after, returning every resurrected sole to death (and final peace).

As for Silas; We already know he has telepathic powers, else he wouldn't be able to portray loved ones to people who fell down that hold. Could it be that the Shane with Bonny is a mere projection of an image (rather than an actual person)? Then again, the whole mask thing did seem to point toward a faceless person; who better than a shapeshifter?
  • Joel's dadJoel's dad Posts: 4,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nina dobrev was amazing tonight I felt such empathy for elena

Great episode

Shame no Katherine this week though
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was heartbreaking, Nina & Zach absolutely nailed it. If you didn't feel anything when Matt broke down in the car then you have no feelings.

I hated to be right but Jeremy's death had to stick, it'll be interesting how close to Katherine 'Switched Off' Elena will be.

I was so close with Silas being Shane too, just need to discover if he can shapeshift or it's just a projection he's creating.

Goodbye Little Gilbert.......................
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 104
    Forum Member
    Good episode.

Bad points - the hunter's awful Scottish/Irish accent and Elena not packing a clothes bag, but, instead burning the house down.
    Forum Member
    JB86 wrote: »
    Good episode.

Bad points - the hunter's awful Scottish/Irish accent and Elena not packing a clothes bag, but, instead burning the house down.

Didn't Elena basically move to the Salvator Manor anyway? Pretty sure she was only there originally to stop Jeremy and Matt leaving..
    Forum Member
    I loved the recent episode and I am loving the new Elena, and I was impressed because the badass Elena is nothing like Katherine...
    Forum Member
    Least this episode answered one question... You are stronger if you knew how to fight before turning..
  • Joel's dadJoel's dad Posts: 4,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Least this episode answered one question... You are stronger if you knew how to fight before turning..

If you could handle a vamp before turning you can bet she is super bad ass now.

I'm finding it all very slow yeah I like what I'm seeing I just want a slightly faster pace, more Katherine amd Elijah and see Silas and all his power,

I want him to to resurrect people like we were told he could do.
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 10,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In Buffy the act of becomming a vampire always came with a free martial arts lesson. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Loved the latest episode, the best one so far. Elena's new haircut, emotionless Elena and Rebekah as a team on Katherine hunt and poor Damon even though he kind of deserved that! :D

Great chemistry between Klaus and Caroline and can't wait for next week to see what happens to Klaus and
    Katherine and Elena fight.
  • Flash525Flash525 Posts: 8,862
    Forum Member
    4x17 ~ a good episode in my opinion, and now we've got the three rituals finished (was inevitably), will we see the resurrection of those dead? If so, that's going to be a little mixed (and messed) up; that's a lot of characters to bring back from beyond the grave.

There's all Klaus' killed Hybrids, there's Jeremy, there's Matt's Sister (can't remember her name now), there's Isobel, there's Lexi (would love to see her full time), there's a bunch of other Werewolves and Vampires that have died along the way.

All of these are expected to return? I can't see it. The resurrection of the dead, nah. I can't believe that every supernatural creature to have died is suddenly going to return to us. It's likely they'll all simply 'die' instead. Seems much more plausible.

Roll on next week.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 65
    Forum Member
    Good episode. I really like this Elena.

What was the deal with bonnie? I thought at first that Silas was possessing her and that's why she didn't remember anything? *confused*
  • LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Miss F wrote: »
    Good episode. I really like this Elena.

What was the deal with bonnie? I thought at first that Silas was possessing her and that's why she didn't remember anything? *confused*

I think we're meant to believe that she wasn't operating under her own free will since the cave on the island. It feels like a bit of a cop-out to me, to stop it looking like she went along with the massacre plan of her (mostly) own free will.

Amnesia as a get out of jail free card sucks.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flash525 wrote: »
    4x17 ~ a good episode in my opinion, and now we've got the three rituals finished (was inevitably), will we see the resurrection of those dead? If so, that's going to be a little mixed (and messed) up; that's a lot of characters to bring back from beyond the grave.

There's all Klaus' killed Hybrids, there's Jeremy, there's Matt's Sister (can't remember her name now), there's Isobel, there's Lexi (would love to see her full time), there's a bunch of other Werewolves and Vampires that have died along the way.

All of these are expected to return? I can't see it. The resurrection of the dead, nah. I can't believe that every supernatural creature to have died is suddenly going to return to us. It's likely they'll all simply 'die' instead. Seems much more plausible.

Roll on next week.

Matts sister, I believe you were looking for Vikki :)
    I just hope that if anyone is resurrected, Jeremy isn't one of them as it devalues the current arc with Elena, which is the most interesting she's been since she turned.

Emotionless Elena seems to be a smarter too, having Rebekah on the same page so she'll take the cure instead. (Love her new look too)

Poor Caroline, all she wanted to do was save the one best friend who didn't drop her on her head, and instead she kills 12 witches and competes the last ritual. (Her hands were so clean since she turned too)

As far as Bonnie not remembering, I just think they don't want all their characters to become to dark all at once!
  • KarisKaris Posts: 6,380
    Forum Member
    Palmerwho wrote: »
    I just hope that if anyone is resurrected, Jeremy isn't one of them as it devalues the current arc with Elena, which is the most interesting she's been since she turned.

Jeremy will totally be back. It's in the stars. In fact, from what I hear from the chat here, it sounds like a lot of people will be coming back and it's a major chance for the writers to 'reset' the series and make some major (and hopefully) positive changes.
    Palmerwho wrote: »
    As far as Bonnie not remembering, I just think they don't want all their characters to become to dark all at once!

True. This is a show where no one changes. Quite disappointing as the show could be so much darker if it wasn't afraid to explore it.
    Forum Member
    If anything I want Anna and Vicky back, that's all I ask for. I don't think Elena will let Jeremy live a life where he's always at risk of being brutally murdered by some sort of supernatural being. So even if he does come back there is a chance that he'll leave Mystic Falls forever to get his happy ending with Anna.
    I seriously hope they don't use the cure on Katherine next week and she ends up dying as a result of it

And also I too am loving the new Elena.