Gran Turismo is 15 Years Old

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 353
Forum Member
As the new game comes out soon, they are also celebrating the 15th year anniversary of GT!

:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZmRPMyu3No

Definitely queing for the new game!

Comments

• Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll never forget this gem on the PS1 and till this day the best racer ever and the music from my Japanese version was awesome so soothing, great memories.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmFcZmvlZ8I
  • Tal'shiarTal'shiar Posts: 2,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember fondly racing tricked out Nissan Micras in the sunday leagues. I remember when it came out as well, doesnt seem like a decade and a half ago....
  • Titan9Titan9 Posts: 2,472
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah those were the days...

I was still in secondary school.
  • Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah, good old GT.

Loved the series until I got into Forza and never went back after GT4 especially with all the negative reviews of Prologue and 5.

Might give 6 a shot when I get the PS4. It's only 6 months...
  • jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    why i bought a PS1 gran turismo!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,121
    Forum Member
    Ah, good old GT.

Loved the series until I got into Forza and never went back after GT4 especially with all the negative reviews of Prologue and 5.

Might give 6 a shot when I get the PS4. It's only 6 months...

One problem with that, GT6 is being made for PS3, and of course the PS4 doesn't play PS3 games.

They did say they might port GT6 later, but before that there's Driveclub.
  • PandaPawPawPandaPawPaw Posts: 7,340
    Forum Member
    I don't know much about the GT games after 1&2 but I remember seeing not all the cars had good quality graphics in GT5. Where those graphics ever updated through DLC as some of them looked horrible?
  • gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just off from playing online shuffle races
    Was a good lobby and really enjoyed it. It's suddenly dawned on me that sometimes slower gets you round corners quicker. Only took me years
  • 2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    Very fond memories of the first game, countless hours were spent until I completed it 100%, even the unlockables were great (remember that 60fps mode?).

GT2 was bought the day it came out, loved the scope of it, the rally events, the new physics, customisation options and tracks. It was the best racer of it's generation by FAR, still play it from time to time on PSP (I enjoy it way more than the official PSP GT game). Even the disks had that scratch and sniff thing lol it was so epic.

GT3 was one of my main motivations for buying a PS2, the graphcis were outstanding, the wet tracks and the car models were super impressive. Slightly disappointed at the bordered 50hz version we got lumbered with. After that I converted to Forza and never really looked at GT in the same way. I did go back to GT4 and bought a nice Logitech to go with it, that pretty much became dedicated set-up in my bedroom. Still love the game.

Both GT5 and GT5p were disappointing for me but only because of the ground Forza has covered with it's latest installment which was a huge leap forward. I'm looking forward to GT6, I've read they are taking on board most of the issues that plagued GT5. I will pick it up no question but can't help but think it would of been more exciting on PS4, obviously..

Anyway without Gran Turismo there wouldn't likely be a Forza Motorsport so I owe it that much, the grand-daddy of console racing sims.
  • gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Takes a while to load game and get to online. Hope they improve on that speed
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aspartame wrote: »
    One problem with that, GT6 is being made for PS3, and of course the PS4 doesn't play PS3 games.

They did say they might port GT6 later, but before that there's Driveclub.

I thought they were doing some cloud magic so that you could play the old PS3 games on 4?
  • Alan1981Alan1981 Posts: 5,416
    Forum Member
    I spent nearly a third of those 15 years waiting for gt5. Let's hope gt6 does not take as long. Saying that I prefer for za now anyway.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,121
    Forum Member
    I thought they were doing some cloud magic so that you could play the old PS3 games on 4?

Kind of, except you have to buy/rent them again even if you own the PS3 disc.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not too fussed about that. Last games I played on my PS3 were Killzone 3 and Heavy Rain. Haven't used it at all since I got my shiny new BD Player. It's just a phat dust magnet taking up a plug space now.