Has there ever been a more rediculous couple than Danny and Val in Emmerdale?

DixonDixon Posts: 12,987
Forum Member
✭✭
Did anyone for one single second think those two would get together in real life?
Not only old enough to be his Gran, but Val is hardly the Joan Collins type (glamourous, young looking for their age, good looking, sexy) that some young guys might have a fling with.

It was cringeworthy watching them together.

Comments

• gboygboy Posts: 4,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Marlon and Laurel...?
  • starlight 12starlight 12 Posts: 202
    Forum Member
    Dixon wrote: »
    Did anyone for one single second think those two would get together in real life?
    Not only old enough to be his Gran, but Val is hardly the Joan Collins type (glamourous, young looking for their age, good looking, sexy) that some young guys might have a fling with.

do you mean Lizzy and Dan? If so they are not together just friends, he slept on the floor.
  • DixonDixon Posts: 12,987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gboy; marlon and Laurel might be beyond hideous to many around here, but they do at least look like a couple who might date in real life.

In one of the 40th anniversary shows Kevin Fletcher said that Andy was punching well above his weight pulling a girl like Katie. I would add that Henshal pulling Katie was stretching things as well.
    But this is soapland and i'm prepared to suspend a bit belief. But not even in the world of Sunset Beach would they have had young Danny falling for Val.
  • jalfrezijalfrezi Posts: 657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry, I'm confused with this Danny and Val thing. :confused: As some one already asked - are you meaning Dan and Lizzie (not Val)? If so, Dan is hardly a young lad.
  • Wench02Wench02 Posts: 2,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Danny was a character in ED about ten years ago
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry, for any confusion, i was talking about the young lad who worked for Rodney.

It shows how time can fly by, because it doesn't seem anything like 10 years since Danny left.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry, for any confusion, i was talking about the young lad who worked for Rodney.

It shows how time can fly by, because it doesn't seem anything like 10 years since Danny left.

Ah, now I get you, I was a bit confused by the opening post & too thought you meant Dan & Lizzie.

Yes that was one ridiculous pairing, you're absolutely right - I loathed that Daggert family, especially the mother.

That was up there with Darren & Hev from EE wasn't it.
    Completely unbelievable.
  • mushymanrobmushymanrob Posts: 17,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

tbh i think this post is foul...

its offensive

its wrong

what matters what age they are or what they look like... you must be the most shallow immature person here.

ps its ridiculous, not 'rediculous'...
  • FM LoverFM Lover Posts: 50,668
    Forum Member
    jalfrezi wrote: »
    Sorry, I'm confused with this Danny and Val thing. :confused: As some one already asked - are you meaning Dan and Lizzie (not Val)? If so, Dan is hardly a young lad.

Don;t watch ED very often but isn't Danny the one that was married to Chas for all of 10 minutes and is Lizzie the blind/partially sighted one ?

If so then they were snogging on the sofa last time I watched it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ok then mushymanrob, when was the last time you saw a young black lad having an affair with a white woman who was old enough to be his gran? I'll tell when...never!

Danny and Val was a longtime ago, so maybe it's time for another realistic couple and have Robbie and Edna getting it on.
  • SteveOwenSteveOwen Posts: 30,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd forgotten this storyline ever happened. Probably a good thing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ok then mushymanrob, when was the last time you saw a young black lad having an affair with a white woman who was old enough to be his gran? I'll tell when...never!

Danny and Val was a longtime ago, so maybe it's time for another realistic couple and have Robbie and Edna getting it on.

wow, racist and ageist in one go!

it wasnt the unrealistic pairing you were bemoaning, but the disgust you found at 2 people of differing ages you were complaining about...even though it was years ago! you even suggested that it would have been ok if val was a 'young looking joan collins type' of woman. why? are looks all that matters? grow up dude, without a spark of personality relationships soon die. its not all about looks.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So now i'm a racist as well now.
    Think i should go and tell that to my mixed race family.

Ageist, yet i said i could understand young guys going for a Joan Collins 'type'.
    If i was ageist i would say that no young guys would ever go near women of a certain age.

Personally, i think i'm just being brutally honest and realistic, while you're being idealistic and rather PC.
  • Melephunk2010Melephunk2010 Posts: 38,243
    Forum Member
    Paddy & Viv. *shudder*
  • ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 50,938
    Forum Member

Ageist, yet i said i could understand young guys going for a Joan Collins 'type'.
    If i was ageist i would say that no young guys would ever go near women of a certain age.
    Personally, i think i'm just being brutally honest and realistic, while you're being idealistic and rather PC.

Still ageist, your inferring that as Danny is a young guy he'd be more into looks rather than falling for someone to their personality.

I'd give up sticking up for your original post if I was you.
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 79,896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought "Good on you, Val!" Danny was a good-looking guy:D
  • jamesisacejamesisace Posts: 1,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always was more creeped out by Jamie & Louise even though it was a smaller age gap
    Forum Member
    Gennie & Bob!! even if it was only a one night stand.
  • BerBer Posts: 24,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Carol and whathisname on eastenders.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I forgot Danny and Val were ever a couple. Charlie Hardwick, who plays Val, is 52; Cleveland Campbell, who played Danny, is 35. She is only just old enough to be his mother, certainly not his grandmother.

He left the show in 2007, so five years ago.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

yes, you said "when was the last time you saw a young black lad having an affair with a white woman who was old enough to be his gran

thats citing his racial background as a point, you should have said " when was the last time you saw a young lad",

the inferance is that young black guys are either ageist, or only go for young women whilst white guys might, you make a seperation based on race.
  • EspressoEspresso Posts: 18,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Val is in her fifties and Joan Collins will be eighty next year.

I think it's a bit comical for a person who can't see the difference between two women nearly thirty years apart but sees fit to complain about age gaps.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am talking about the hot, sexy, middle aged Joan Collins 'type' not the flipping 80 year old ones.

I'll ask again outside of a pc fantasy world, when have any of you seen a young, good looking guy like Danny osomeone pointed out that there's only a
    17 age gap between them, but i have to say it looked twice that to me) go for someone like Val?
  • LousianaLousiana Posts: 1,974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a random thread, I totally forgot about this storyline. :D

Danny was the Emmerdale equivalent of Corrie's Kirk/Tyrone etc, gormless fodder who hang around for years without serving a purpose. I know Tyrone has a big storyline at the moment but it's been about two years since his last one which was awful (aftermath of Molvin affair).
    Forum Member
    Lousiana wrote: »
    What a random thread, I totally forgot about this storyline. :D

Danny was the Emmerdale equivalent of Corrie's Kirk/Tyrone etc, gormless fodder who hang around for years without serving a purpose. I know Tyrone has a big storyline at the moment but it's been about two years since his last one which was awful (aftermath of Molvin affair).

And now we have Adam. Yippee-Ki-Yay :rolleyes::p