Pink's most memorable single

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,550
Forum Member
✭✭✭
In a similar way to the Someone Like You and Stay threads I though I'd ask for opinion on what you believe to be Pink's most memorable single. What will she be remembered for 10 - 20 years from now?

For me I'd say 'Get The Party Started'' not my favourite by a long shot, but I think it's the most memorable.

Comments

• Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So What and Get the Party Started i'd argue many would be hard pressed to name many of he rolder hits escpeially those quite young around her Misundaztood heyday.
  • LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    I think it'd be Just Like A Pill or Raise Your Glass?

But my favourite is Family Portrait.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think where people live could have an impact on what they believe to be the most memorable. I know 'Funhouse' was quite big over here, but as far as I'm aware it didn't have much traction in the US or UK (someone please correct me if I'm wrong here).

On a global level I'd probably also go with 'So What' or 'Get The Party Started'. In a few years time 'Just Give Me A Reason' may also be a contender for the title.
  • Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mmeister2 wrote: »
    I think where people live could have an impact on what they believe to be the most memorable. I know 'Funhouse' was quite big over here, but as far as I'm aware it didn't have much traction in the US or UK (someone please correct me if I'm wrong here).

On a global level I'd probably also go with 'So What' or 'Get The Party Started'. In a few years time 'Just Give Me A Reason' may also be a contender for the title.

Funhouse was a single here but as you correctly stated didn't do much #29 i think :)
  • glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    Up until recently now i'd have said So What, but Just Give Me A Reason has become one of her (if not the) best selling single of her career so far, so possibly that.

Also Raise Your Glass. It didn't chart as high as it should have (#11 I think) but it is one of her biggest sellers along with So What.
  • annushkaannushka Posts: 3,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love "Sober" and "just like a pill" too... no idea where they charted!

"Get the party started" and "Family portrait" were huge, but I don't listen to them at all.
  • tim18tim18 Posts: 737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So what
    Perfect
    Just like a pill
    Just give me a reason
  • swordofomensswordofomens Posts: 267
    Forum Member
    I think her most memorable is So What

But my personal fave is either Who Knew or Just Give me a Reason.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So What!, Get The Party Started or Just Like A Pill

Personal favourite is Blow Me One Last Kiss
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    So What and Get The Party Started
  • jonloch1jonloch1 Posts: 3,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So what probably. it was her biggest hit.,

Personally though, my fav single has to be Blow me one last kiss. Honestly I think I've played that song at least 5 times every single day since it premiered last July and im still not one bit bored or fedup of it. I still love it as much as I did the 1st time I heard it
  • WhyHelloWorldWhyHelloWorld Posts: 15,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So What, Just Give Me A Reason, Just Like A Pill, Sober, Perfect.
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    U and Ur Hand
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Family Portrait
  • shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's hard to say as I'm a big fan, so don't really know what a casual fan or the general public would think, but my gut says Just Like A Pill.
  • elasticloveelasticlove Posts: 18,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Last To Know, obviously.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As I said, 'Get The Party Started', it's been out for nearly 12 years now and I think most people in my age group (now 23-33) would have been 11 to 21 when it came out.

Though I'd also consider So What, Who Knew and maybe Stupid Girls.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just Like A Pill, Get The Party Started are her two most well known hits and always will be.

Most of her recent hits were big sellers but are soon forgotten about with the Exception of So What.
  • gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jonesy88 wrote: »
    As I said, 'Get The Party Started', it's been out for nearly 12 years now and I think most people in my age group (now 23-33) would have been 11 to 21 when it came out.

Though I'd also consider So What, Who Knew and maybe Stupid Girls.

its interesting, because she`s really big in australia isn't she? she had like 6 #1 singles, 4 #1 albums and something like 10 platinum singles over there.:eek: i have to say i was shocked that "just like a pill" was never released as a single over there though and subsequently only peaked at #97 due to downloads later on.:eek:

the thing is with pink, at least here in the uk, radio hammers her hits. songs like "u + ur hand" and "raise your glass" weren't huge in terms of chart placings over here, but they feel like much bigger hits due to ongoing radio plays.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gpk wrote: »
    its interesting, because she`s really big in australia isn't she? she had like 6 #1 singles, 4 #1 albums and something like 10 platinum singles over there.:eek: i have to say i was shocked that "just like a pill" was never released as a single over there though and subsequently only peaked at #97 due to downloads later on.:eek:

the thing is with pink, at least here in the uk, radio hammers her hits. songs like "u + ur hand" and "raise your glass" weren't huge in terms of chart placings over here, but they feel like much bigger hits due to ongoing radio plays.

Correct, she is huge here, her tour is here at the moment. Something like 18 sold out shows in Melbourne alone, 45-46 nation wide I think. Say that the Melbourne venue hold roughly 20,000 i think. Could be wrong.

I was surprised as well, I loved Just Like A Pill. She is a staple here on radio. Played all the time.
  • CpCCpC Posts: 198
    Forum Member
    Family Portrait.
  • SpencerLeveySpencerLevey Posts: 1,511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just Like A Pill for me. Followed by So What and U + Ur Hand
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My fave is Who Knew

But most memorable - Just Like a Pill or So What or Raise Your Glass.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Get The Party Started" is so blatantly about drug-taking it's amazing so few people noticed it.

Clever move with the video, implying that "I'm coming up" is about taking an elevator to the roof garden.

Have to admire her chutzpah, even if a lot of her stuff sounds the same.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Also: who knew "Get The Party Started" was partially written by Annie Lennox/Dave Stewart of Eurythmics?

The things you learn... I guess it's the Sweet Dreams sample.

The Shirley Bassey version is way better anyway.