Should I get a charging icon on Nexus 7

len112len112 Posts: 4,156
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I noticed that my Nexus 7 runs down very quickly. It can go from my 100% to 85% in 30 minutes including 15 minutes of standby. I also read that I should be seeing a battery charge indicator when charging but only get a black screen. Is my Nexus faulty?

Comments

• psionicpsionic Posts: 20,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When the screen is off it remains off normally. However if you wake it up, on the lock screen it should say 'Charging, xx%' in text in the middle of the screen and the battery icon at the top right should have a white lighting flash over it. What I'm describing is with the latest stock Jelly Bean.

Are you using the original cable and charger that came with the Nexus 7?
  • john176bramleyjohn176bramley Posts: 25,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    len112 wrote: »
    I noticed that my Nexus 7 runs down very quickly. It can go from my 100% to 85% in 30 minutes including 15 minutes of standby. I also read that I should be seeing a battery charge indicator when charging but only get a black screen. Is my Nexus faulty?

I'd do a few charge cycles and see how the battery life is then. You shouldn't be losing 15% of battery life in 30 minutes, my battery will maybe lose a couple of % if it's left in standby overnight.
  • len112len112 Posts: 4,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I'm using the original charger. Is there any way to isolate which appear is using most of the juice?
  • psionicpsionic Posts: 20,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    len112 wrote: »
    Yes I'm using the original charger. Is there any way to isolate which appear is using most of the juice?

Settings>Battery should give you a breakdown of power usage by app and over time.
  • paulbrockpaulbrock Posts: 16,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    if you keep it on when charging, then the battery icon in the top right turns from a battery to a battery with a charge icon.