Who should represent the UK next year?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Amelia Lily has said she'd be up for it.

She can forget that!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 221
    Forum Member
    Walsh is not happening. Diana 2 years ago on twitter said she'd do it if it trended. It didn't:D

I'm pretty sure it trended and then Diana slightly panicked and quickly stated she was joking.

Having said that, she's having record label problems at the moment and is really struggling to get her new album released. Wouldn't surprise me if she considers Eurovision now just to promote her new material.

Vickers has potential- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9wdv5YUDBA
  • itunesfestival2itunesfestival2 Posts: 862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One of my friends just put up as a facebook status last night 'Seeing Paloma Faith later', with someone commenting, 'You mean our eurovision entrant? '

......Now I don't know who this guy is - but unless it's their personal joke or something...I could freak out with excitement. After all, Paloma helped out at The Voice with the BBC and after her tour which finishes on 17 February, she's not performing in public until the beginning of June at the O2.

Possibly Paloma for the UK?
  • haggy-mehaggy-me Posts: 1,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rick Astley!:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,382
    Forum Member
    The fuel to the Paloma fire would be that she's apparently "very busy" over the next few months according to her management team, she's got a huge break in her tour schedule between the middle of February and the start of June...
  • phill363phill363 Posts: 24,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would love Paloma to do it, I know she said no but that was on the lottery show and she was put on the spot, so she could have changed her mind. She wants to crack america though doesn't she but she needs a boost here, her last single only reached 66. In Europe she's not had too much success New York was number 8 in Finland and 15 in Switzerland but that's about the extent of her European Career.
  • JordanC55JordanC55 Posts: 9,348
    Forum Member
    phill363 wrote: »
    I would love Paloma to do it, I know she said no but that was on the lottery show and she was put on the spot, so she could have changed her mind. She wants to crack america though doesn't she but she needs a boost here, her last single only reached 66. In Europe she's not had too much success New York was number 8 in Finland and 15 in Switzerland but that's about the extent of her European Career.

She's an album artist, she always has been. Her a album sells by the bucket load while her singles don't. I don't think she'd do it simply because she's at the hight of her career; so why risk Eurovision?
  • Cestrian18Cestrian18 Posts: 6,857
    Forum Member
    JordanC55 wrote: »
    She's an album artist, she always has been. Her a album sells by the bucket load while her singles don't. I don't think she'd do it simply because she's at the hight of her career; so why risk Eurovision?

Didn't Picking up the Pieces do well as a single though- Something like that would do well I think and European Exposure could do her well, this Eurovision is a curse nonsense is rubbish, if you're good you'll do well-Look at Loreen, number 1s all over Europe :D -Maybe its just wishful thinking but she's a good fit :D
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    Paloma Faith has apparently got a lead role in a new drama series, so I wouldn't be surprised if the break in her performing was filming for that.

Could be wrong, though (and would love to be)
  • cherubmattdcherubmattd Posts: 13,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Paloma would be great, but I fear her song would get lost.
  • SaturnSaturn Posts: 18,971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Paloma would be great, but I fear her song would get lost.

Are we really speculating on songs we haven't heard from artists that haven't been selected? :D

I'm going to bed, someone wake me up in May.
  • WeeblesWobbleWeeblesWobble Posts: 1,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would LOVE Geri Halliwell to represent us, for many reasons:

- Big name both in the celebrity world and in the history of British pop. Would immediately generate alot of interest in the show both in tbe run-up to the contest and in ratings on the night.
    - She can hold a tune (as demonstrated by recent performances you can find on youtube) and she doesn't need to be a FANTASTIC singer because with the right song she will pull it off with stage presence which she always managed with the Spice Girls.
    - There is about 0.1% chance she'd sing a ballad, that's just not Geri's style, especially on a big eurovision stage she'd want to fill it with something exciting and over the top.
    - She is a PR mastermind. Alot of the reason Spice Girls were as much of a phenomenon was not what they did on stage, but what went on off stage. She is a whiz at the antics and sound bites that get the press wagon rolling.
    - To do well in this show you need to be memorable and Geri is nothing if not that. Many are annoyed at her attention-seeking habits but I actually find it endearing (opinion) and she won't be shy after all the stadiums she's filled with her fellow spices.
    - We'd likely be given a good slot in the running order with a big name like hers.

Just a few reasons I'm backing ginger ;) x
  • itunesfestival2itunesfestival2 Posts: 862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would LOVE Geri Halliwell to represent us, for many reasons:

- Big name both in the celebrity world and in the history of British pop. Would immediately generate alot of interest in the show both in tbe run-up to the contest and in ratings on the night.
    - She can hold a tune (as demonstrated by recent performances you can find on youtube) and she doesn't need to be a FANTASTIC singer because with the right song she will pull it off with stage presence which she always managed with the Spice Girls.
    - There is about 0.1% chance she'd sing a ballad, that's just not Geri's style, especially on a big eurovision stage she'd want to fill it with something exciting and over the top.
    - She is a PR mastermind. Alot of the reason Spice Girls were as much of a phenomenon was not what they did on stage, but what went on off stage. She is a whiz at the antics and sound bites that get the press wagon rolling.
    - To do well in this show you need to be memorable and Geri is nothing if not that. Many are annoyed at her attention-seeking habits but I actually find it endearing (opinion) and she won't be shy after all the stadiums she's filled with her fellow spices.
    - We'd likely be given a good slot in the running order with a big name like hers.

Just a few reasons I'm backing ginger ;) x

Problem - VERY unlikeable and annoying.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Problem - VERY unlikeable and annoying.

I like her :D x
  • Harper_MilneHarper_Milne Posts: 2,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I predict Amelia Lily will do it.
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    Amelia Lily would be interesting- especially as she is produced by Xenomania, who have said they'd do Eurovision only if their song is guaranteed Radio 1 airplay.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would like Amelia Lilly she was on Sunday brunch before but only caught the end of her interview.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Geri for Eurovision. Or what would be more amazing that a Spice Girls reunion for Eurovision?
  • penguinpersonpenguinperson Posts: 16,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Since when has Geri been able to sing? She'd bomb simply
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Since when has Geri been able to sing? She'd bomb simply

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D04EOBzuW6Y

Certainly better than many recent selections.
  • penguinpersonpenguinperson Posts: 16,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D04EOBzuW6Y

Certainly better than many recent selections.

Her voice is harsh & strained
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well it definitely won't be Marina unless she can be in two places at once, she's in the US touring in may.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Has there been an announcement yet?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,681
    Forum Member
    Has there been an announcement yet?

Not yet. The BBC's Eurovision facebook and twitter feeds are back up and running along with the website being given a slight makeover.

I think we're probably going to have to wait until the beginning of March before we get an announcement. The first performance is usually on the Graham Norton show in mid-March, so the press office will most like wait until a couple of weeks before that to make the announcement.