[Game] X-factor vs The Voice vs Pop Idol Live Show 6

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
Forum Member
Hello and welcome to the 6th live show of X-factor vs The Voice vs Pop Idol. Last show saw the twist of a theme Impress The Host which meant Leah McFall left the competion. Tonight the 6 remaining acts will sing for your votes. Please welcome the judges and their acts!!!

Jackamakka and The Male Over 25s
Jamie Archer
Aaron Bayley

Wong_Billabong and the last of The Boys
Mike Ward

Fireemblemcraze and The Female Over 25s
Maria Lawson
Alys Williams

The1Kuda and the last of The Girls
Misha B

So judges are you here?

Comments

• jackamakkajackamakka Posts: 4,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm here, but will have to leave at some point
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Im here. The host wasn't impressed by Leah last week, but I hope my last remaining girl will fight till the end!
  • EndOfSanityEndOfSanity Posts: 15,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Roxie will NOT be here, she has a more important thread to attend to obviously. :sleep::p

Just kidding of course (even though it's sort of true), I will be voting on this later. Drop a little advertisement on Mix and I will do the same on here so we may get each others voters.
  • fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member
    Hi all I will try to be here on both threads at the same time (because I am obviously gifted in being able to multitask) :p .

Good luck to everyone, I and my lovely ladies will be fighting!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    About to have hair cut. Show in 15!!!
    Forum Member
    pingu58011 wrote: »
    About to have hair cut. Show in 15!!!

Ah no Pingu WITHOUT HAIR? What will the penguin look like now...:D
    Forum Member
    Sorry back now!!! :D

So opening the show is a boy and he is having a party. He didn`t invite me :eek: Singing a song from his favourite theme Made in America....it`s MIke Ward!!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nT6bgyimP8g
    Forum Member
    Mike I know you’ve got this lovely country tone and the song suited that. But I found this performance somewhat dull? I mean I love garden parties/tea parties etc. but this song didn’t really inspire that feeling. It was nice to listen to though, that lovely voice of yours does shine through and I do still think you’re so bloody cute though so kudos to still being that for me.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mike, that song is so old it would've been a rulebreaker on '80s night! Did Tom Jones pick your song this week? There was a great lack of connection between you, a 22 year old and that song choice. Like the song says, you took us to a very boring garden party. I don't think you are safe tonight at all tonight buddy.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mike Ward
    Oh Mike...Mike, Mike, Mike....
    What in the world was that? That was like a deaf old man singing karaoke, drunk. You've kind of dropped in standard since the start of the competition and I'm pretty disappointed. I just hope you can improve again, otherwise you're in trouble.
    Forum Member
    Not very good comments for Mike. Could he be in trouble later?

Next up is a man who is singing a song from At The Movies. SInging a cover of A Thousand Years from Twilight:Breaking Dawn....it`s Aaron Bayley!!!
    http://youtu.be/iIj07LL57RA
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aaron Bayley
    Aaron, I know this probably wasn't your best performance but I think you have been the most improved act over the show. I'm enjoying working with you so much and I hope that continues. Great work Aaron!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought this was better than your some of your previous few performances. You showed some good control tonight but I do still want your vocal to brighten up a bit. I don't think that dark tone is for you. Most dance songs will force you becoming more clearer. I also feel you're becoming predictable in terms of the tempo in your performances, so hopefully next week, you can lighten up the room with some upbeat fun.
    Forum Member
    I think overall it was nice. Boyce Avenue covers are a bit annoying (and VERY overrated :p:D) but I liked the highs and lows, and it captured the emotion of the song very well. I think your vocals matched too – only thing is that it’s a bit too light and not husky/intense enough, you have this lovely romantic tone (which makes me swoon) but I didn’t see that.
    Forum Member
    Quite mixed comments for Aaron. WIll the public vote?

Next up singing a song from heaven.That`s right, she`s an angel. Singing Heaven knows by Faith Evans....it`s Maria Lawson!!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxeuwV7obkc
    Forum Member
    There it is my soulful singing diva. The tone, genre, style – everything suited you so well. George – we only did a different performance last week because the feedback I keep getting from Jack and Kuda is to change it up. But now we’re back to the party/electric funky soul stuff we love from Maria. Great job girl – you worked it tonight.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maria Lawson
    Maria, you're one of the best vocalists in the competition and occasionally Roxie doesn't use that to the best of your abilities. This was nice tonight, one of your better performances recently but I'd like to see you pushed a bit more, because I know you can do it. However, good work for this week so brava.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Out of all your performances, I felt like that one was a little bit flat. I liked the disco vibe but until the end, I didn't feel like you performed the song..if you know what I mean. I think you've got great potential to go far in this competition, and some of your previous performances back that up. This was still decent but I know you can top that (cause you can be fantastic-if you really want to). Kudos to you for coming to show us something different tonight
    Forum Member
    Pretty good comments for Maria, but will the public like?

Next is a male who was in the bottom 2 last week, and it`s his life. Singing It`s my life by Bon Jovi....it`s Jamie Archer!!!
    http://youtu.be/vx2u5uUu3DE
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jamie Archer
    *standing ovation*
    Jamie, you're the first act I've given a standing ovation for all competition because I really think this performance showed you off in the best light possible. Yes, we've seen you do rock a lot, but you are a rock star! And you totally proved it tonight! Rock on mate!!!
    Forum Member
    Jamie - haven’t you already done Bon Jo? I feel disappointed with this. There are so many interesting rock artists out there, especially with the theme, you could have done tried something new and really impressed us. It was a good vocal and matched though but really I did want to see someone else other than Jon Bon.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jamie my friend, that was as predictable as rain in the middle of autumn. I'm basically echoing what Roxie said, quite disappointing really as you have no competition from anyone else in terms of who can actually rock it each week. There are many hidden bands out there that suit you more than BonJovi; no need to perform them twice. I think you could be in trouble tonight
    Forum Member
    Not very good comments for Jamie. Is he in trouble?

The penultimate act of the night is a femae and she is wrapping a present for me. Isn`t that sweet? Singing Ribbons by Ingrid Michaelson....it`s Alys Williams!!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hlzbD8stFk
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alys Williams
    Alys, I like you and your voice but tonight...no baby no... I don't think upbeat tunes suit you particularly well and there were many songs you could've chosen from to suit these possible themes so I'm confused as to why this was chosen. I really hope you get through because you're fab, but I really don't know if you're safe.
    Forum Member
    The whole point of this performance was to prove you can do something fun/energetic especially as some of the judges were complaining that upbeat week wasn't that upbeat and that Alys cannot do upbeat. This was simply to prove them wrong. That beat in the song is so addictive. The tones matched, especially the lower notes. And it had this lovely catchy bluesy feel! Oh Alys honey – I just adore mentoring you! I have so many wonderful songs left for you – I just hope the public and the other judges enjoyed you as much as I did!