Mongrels BBC3

Comments

• degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    It was great that they got Packham and Nutkins involved :D

The two best scenes for me were when Marion said i'm know i'm going to die and Nutkins walked past the gate but the gun was empty :D

and the slow zoom on the charity dog with the tales of the unexpected music playing and a tear running down it's cheek :D
  • Phil 2804Phil 2804 Posts: 21,846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Absolute gem of a series. Haven't laughed so much in a long long time. The BBC Should be making a bigger noise about it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quackers wrote: »
    I loved it, quite clearly some people lack sense a humor.

Would be interesting to see what the divide was between those who've owned or worked with animals in the past and those who haven't.

The first episode where Destiny goes to the dance class reminded me of taking my own dog to an agility class once. He spent the whole day utterly miserable and didn't come near me for two days after. Wouldn't even let me take him for a walk..
    Forum Member
    f_196 wrote: »
    What i think is a huge redeeming feature of it is that at the end of the day, the writers haven't forgotten that they're all animals - and that they all have those little characteristics that each of those particular animals have - i find them the most fun.

I also really love Vince. I think the censorship of his swearing makes it all the more funnier.
    I also like it when the cut to the humans hearing them.
    Like in last nights where Nelson is talking but all Packham can hear is sqeaks.

The best one was when Desiny was looking for a mate and all you heard was "bark............bark...............bark............bark..............bark..................bark" :D:D
    It doesn't seem that funny but I was pissing myself at that.
  • OakwoodOakwood Posts: 383
    Forum Member
    Phil 2804 wrote: »
    Absolute gem of a series. Haven't laughed so much in a long long time. The BBC Should be making a bigger noise about it.

Totally agree. Something new that is British and genuinely 'laugh out loud'.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Absolutely disgusting programme, vulgar, crass and very, very funny!
  • TejasTejas Posts: 5,027
    Forum Member
    I decided to give this a go last night and loved it! :D Getting Chris Packham on board was also a great touch - I loved his reaction to the two foxes at it! :D The end bit with the guide dog was great as well.
  • Chickens hitChickens hit Posts: 26,490
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I caught the last 15 minutes or so of this last night and enjoyed it. Loved the fact that the foxes were auditioned for Springwatch.:D

How many episodes have been shown so far? Is it possible to see the ones I missed?
  • Chickens hitChickens hit Posts: 26,490
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »

Thank you!

Oh my, I've just started watching the first episode and am laughing out loud at the animals eating Margaret. Love the cat shooing the mouse off.:D:D This is definitely going to be my kind of show.

Off to watch the rest..........:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Absolutely disgusting programme, vulgar, crass and very, very funny!

There is no way a live action sitcom could get away with some of the stuff on this (F*** the Chickens) but because its puppet animals it just works.
  • Martin PhillpMartin Phillp Posts: 34,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This weeks Mongrels was the best yet.
  • tinmantinman Posts: 3,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it wrong to fancy Destiny.:D
    Forum Member
    tinman wrote: »
    Is it wrong to fancy Destiny.:D
    I think she sounds like Catherine Tate so that is a big put off

apart from being a dog

and a puppet

:D
    Forum Member
    Phil 2804 wrote: »
    There is no way a live action sitcom could get away with some of the stuff on this (F*** the Chickens) but because its puppet animals it just works.
    Animation does seem to transfer it better. You know it is satire and taking the p.

South Park is a great example of it.

I reckon in a live action show the actors would have to play it dead pan to get the points across, otherwise I don't think it'd have the same impact.
  • nainznainz Posts: 1,777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MARION: It's like they say in'it, cat has got 50 lives.

NELSON: 9, a cats got 9 lives.

MARION: What?, When did this happen? Damn you da hang parliment.

I lol'd :D
  • trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just caught episode three, Marion is awesome - is he supposed to be eastern european? lol :D

The machiavellian pigeon bitch is great too.
  • Miss CheefMiss Cheef Posts: 375
    Forum Member
    Loving this so far! Latest one was the best with the Springwatch spoof...the luvvie foxes brilliant :D
  • g_attrillg_attrill Posts: 142
    Forum Member
    Just caught episode three, Marion is awesome - is he supposed to be eastern european? lol :D

Persian :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 151
    Forum Member
    Loving this show and it has Dan Tettsel in it!
    Forum Member
    Sounds a bit Greek/Turkish to me. Reminds me of Pop the landlord from The League Of Gentlemen.
  • trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I watched Pets too, and to be honest - these are two totally different shows.

Pets - wacky, almost sci-fi in places. A bit like a puppet version of Mighty Boosh.

Mongrels - has musical elements to it and the jokes are more offensive than wacky, has a touch of Crapson Villas to it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The latest episode was really funny, especially the Winehouse and chicken crossing the road bits :D

The X Factor pisstake was good too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jenilou88 wrote: »
    The latest episode was really funny, especially the Winehouse and chicken crossing the road bits :D

The X Factor pisstake was good too.

My daughter was crying with laughter at the Winehouse bit!:D