The Heath Ledger Appreciation Thread

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,818
    Forum Member
    Rugby Rose wrote: »
    Tell you what, maybe we should arrange a time/day when we all watch one of his films, maybe the same one and sit on here at the same time and we can each be each others shoulders to cry on?

That is such a great idea:D. What a star you are.
    One night, each week, take turns to pick a film, and if it's a tough one we will all be talking together and can help each other out.
    I work most days from 7am, till 6pm so it would have to be in the evenings for me, but if that is a problem i could work around it.

• Rugby RoseRugby Rose Posts: 13,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Evenings for me too, I can fit round any evening really. Maybe we could start one evening next week?

Films I have...

A Knight's Tale
    10 Things I Hate About You
    Brokeback Mountain
    Sin Eater
    Candy
    Casanova
    Ned Kelly
    The Patriot

Others I would have to purchase.

Personally, it might be easier if I started off with a light hearted one but not AKT - I think I'm going to have to build up to that one.
  • ~*~Jess~*~~*~Jess~*~ Posts: 4,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd love to do this but the oh probably have something to say. I've been told that he'll never watch BBM with me...
    Hmm... on second thoughts - screw him! I have to watch what he wants to if he doesn't like it he can sod off!! :D
  • hayleyghayleyg Posts: 15,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have to say, my fellow Heathens, I still haven't been able to watch one of Heath's films since. I'll just go into meltdown, I know I will.

I didn't cry through watching Brokeback Mountain (though I thought I would) and Casanova just makes me laugh. But as I'm halfway through it at the moment -I'll let you know

I did get teary at the end of Ned Kelly when it was on and I was trying to avoid it :(
    My favourite Heath Ledger movie was A Knights Tale

I've never actually seen that one, saw about five minutes of it once when it was on the telly, and always meant to gt round to watching it.

It does seem to be a lot of people's favourite.
    Forum Member
    And i have

Ten things...
    The four Feathers
    The Sin Eater
    A knights Tale
    Two hands
    Casanova
    Brokeback Mountain
    Monsters Ball
    and Ned Kelly

still waiting for Candy......

I could cope with any i think, exept AKT like you rose.
    Forum Member
    hayleyg wrote: »
    I didn't cry through watching Brokeback Mountain (though I thought I would) and Casanova just makes me laugh. But as I'm halfway through it at the moment -I'll let you know

I did get teary at the end of Ned Kelly when it was on and I was trying to avoid it :(

I've never actually seen that one, saw about five minutes of it once when it was on the telly, and always meant to gt round to watching it.

It does seem to be a lot of people's favourite.

A Knights Tale is a great film, fantastic...I can't watch it yet, because it reprsents the time when i was slightly obsessed with him(in a good way, not scarey psycho stalker bitch way!!), i had all his pictures on my wall back then and i watched the film constantly, so for me, and others it's quite painfull to see. but it really is a great film:)
    Forum Member
    ~*~Jess~*~ wrote: »
    I'd love to do this but the oh probably have something to say. I've been told that he'll never watch BBM with me...
    Hmm... on second thoughts - screw him! I have to watch what he wants to if he doesn't like it he can sod off!! :D

That's the spirit Jess:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Casanova or 10 Things might be a good ones to start I think, that's if we all have them? Let's see how Hayley copes with Casanova first. ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A Knights Tale is a great film, fantastic...I can't watch it yet, because it reprsents the time when i was slightly obsessed with him(in a good way, not scarey psycho stalker bitch way!!), i had all his pictures on my wall back then and i watched the film constantly, so for me, and others it's quite painfull to see. but it really is a great film:)

I'll get hold of a copy. As I say always meant to and just never got round to it. :o

I wake up and see the Brokeback Mountain poster everyday. Raises a smile.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Casanova or 10 Things might be a good ones to start I think, that's if we all have them? Let's see how Hayley copes with Casanova first. ;)

:p:p

And a good idea on the film night RugbyRose
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wake up to Heath's 2007 Calendar that's stuck on a cupboard door in my bedroom. Didn't get round to taking it down and I certainly can't now. Mind you, I still have Jonny Wilkinsons 2006 behind it too and I used to alternate between them depending who I was fancying more that week. :o
    Forum Member
    I wake up to Heath's 2007 Calendar that's stuck on a cupboard door in my bedroom. Didn't get round to taking it down and I certainly can't now. Mind you, I still have Jonny Wilkinsons 2006 behind it too and I used to alternate between them depending who I was fancying more that week. :o

Jonny is a bit tasty too:D. I have a Wentworth Miller one at the moment.

Do you all come and post on here at night more?, i tend to hang around the SCD Board aswell:o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who the hell is Wentworth Miller? lol Going googling. :D

Ahhh...Prison Break fella. ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I try and check in on the forums most nights :o:o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hahah I have a Jonny Wilkinson calendar from some years ago at my nans still. And some charity one where all the England rugby union squad got their kit off :D

Just to let you all know which Heath films I have:

10 Things
    Brokeback Mountain
    A Knights Tale
    The Brothers Grimm
    Two Hands

but I can get hold of the rest :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Same here, and in the day too if I'm about and bored enough. ;)
    Forum Member
    Hahah I have a Jonny Wilkinson calendar from some years ago at my nans still. And some charity one where all the England rugby union squad got their kit off :D

Just to let you all know which Heath films I have:

10 Things
    Brokeback Mountain
    A Knights Tale
    The Brothers Grimm
    Two Hands

but I can get hold of the rest :)

I need to get the brothers Grimm, will try and order it from HMV. Having an account on there is very dangerous :eek::eek:
    Forum Member

Same here:o:o:o
    So the evening is a good time for a chat on here then.

PS, put your hand up if you are wearing something stripey?
    *fff puts up hand*
    Forum Member
    Going to call it a night. I may watch the Sin Eater again....:D
    catch up later.
    fff xx
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Same here:o:o:o
    So the evening is a good time for a chat on here then.

PS, put your hand up if you are wearing something stripey?
    *fff puts up hand*
    Going to call it a night. I may watch the Sin Eater again....:D
    catch up later.
    fff xx

I was wearing a stripey wristband (not that exciting)

G'Night FFF xx
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Night Becky! Speak soon xxx
    P.s no stripeyness for me :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Holds hand up! Stripey jersey sweater. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OMG some breaking news! The other half just said 'if it means that much to you I'll watch it (BBM) with you on the grounds you tell no one'
    YESSSS :D:D
  • rosieeeerosieeee Posts: 13,315
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought it would be nice to start a thread in Heath's memory. A place where fans could come and chat, talk about Heath's films and anything else Ledger related without having to fend off negative comments .:)

He was a talented young actor with so much going for him - I loved Brokeback mountain - his acting in that was superb - he had a presence on screen that is rare.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OMG some breaking news! The other half just said 'if it means that much to you I'll watch it (BBM) with you on the grounds you tell no one'
    YESSSS :D:D

My aunts other half (both fans of Heath) refusec to go and see it with her in the cinema, but after he saw how much it affected her and myself, he watched it with her when the DVD came out.

Said it was one of the best films he'd ever seen, and Ennis should have set up ranch with Jack :(

Good work there though Jess..his secrets safe :p