How can I cut and paste on a tablet?

JeffG1JeffG1 Posts: 15,267
Forum Member
✭✭
It's a fairly simple ask, but I don't know how to do it.

For example, if I want to paste a link into a post on my PC, I highlight the link on a tab on my browser, Ctrl/C to copy it to the clipboard, then Ctrl/V into the post.

How can I do this on a tablet (I'm talking Android here, of course)?

Also editing stuff is an absolute pain with those green arrows that sometimes split into two to highlight a range, but more often than not just appear as a single arrow.

Comments

• tosha43tosha43 Posts: 353
    Forum Member
    on my note i keep my finger pressed on bit i need then 2 blue bars appear strecth to what i need then there is options at the top of page hope this helps.
  • John259John259 Posts: 28,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JeffG1 wrote: »
    How can I do this on a tablet (I'm talking Android here, of course)?
    The Google Nexus 7 manual says you select the text you want to manipulate, then press the Cut, Copy or Paste button on the virtual keyboard.

I haven't tried this so I don't know how convenient it is. Nor do I know if other tablets and/or other versions of Android differ.
  • whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Which tablet?

On my nexus and S3 you hold your finger on text then drag the blue bits about and an option appears at the top of the screen to cut/copy.
  • JeffG1JeffG1 Posts: 15,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Which tablet?

Nexus 7 and Motorola Xoom. Thanks for the suggestions - I will try those out. Though it's still not clear to me how you copy from one application and paste into another. Guess I will need to experiment.
  • whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To paste, you just hold your finger down again and a paste option appears at the top.
  • JeffG1JeffG1 Posts: 15,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OK - this is just an experiment:

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?p=64052057

Yay! Thanks!