Microsoft congratulates Sony for PS4 launch

Comments

• Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Confused by this but don't agree with the comment suggesting that it's sarcasm.

I think the only people within the gaming community as a whole that are at each other's throats, are the gamers themselves, large companies know there will always be competition within an industry and they remain dignified, which is more than can be said for the end users.

Maybe we could all learn something from MS.
  • 2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    Very good to see.
  • Delboy219Delboy219 Posts: 3,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's pretty cool!
  • homer2012homer2012 Posts: 5,216
    Forum Member
    Dont really get it unless its a sincere congrats to sony. Classy if it is.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've going to believe this is a good deed from MS and hope Sony return the favor

I can see why some people would call bullshit from MS, why did a congratulations message need to be on the MS marketing background, couldn't it just be words in a normal tweet

And according to the main DS site ''In a follow-up tweet, Microsoft claimed to have the best games, referencing Titanfall, Forza 5, Dead Rising and Killer Instinct.'' if i'm being just congratulating something i don't follow it up like that
  • Red ArrowRed Arrow Posts: 10,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thomas2400 wrote: »
    I've going to believe this is a good deed from MS and hope Sony return the favor

I can see why some people would call bullshit from MS, why did a congratulations message need to be on the MS marketing background, couldn't it just be words in a normal tweet

And according to the main DS site ''In a follow-up tweet, Microsoft claimed to have the best games, referencing Titanfall, Forza 5, Dead Rising and Killer Instinct.'' if i'm being just congratulating something i don't follow it up like that

But the follow up tweet wasn't sent to Sony right?
  • blitzben85blitzben85 Posts: 3,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The bottom line is, Microsoft and Sony need each other, they want to out do each other and in return we get some excellent consoles.

I hope Sony return the favour, we have had the cheapshots, both companys are about to make millions. Now is the time to sit back and pay compliments.
  • Delboy219Delboy219 Posts: 3,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed. In my mind the feud only happened through sheer boredom. Time to man up and pack it in.

Edit: Obviously i mean the fanboy friction.
  • fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At the end of it all these guys are professionals doing a job. They will all have met each other on various occasions and will have lots in common.

They may have competing products on sale, but they are not mortal enemies. In fact, I'd bet some of them consider each other friends.

I think this attitude is healthy. No matter what our chosen format(s) we should all be part of the gaming community, not Sony vs Nintendo vs Microsoft fanboys.

(I must admit, this made me laugh though - WARNING - Adult content)

https://twitter.com/agentbizzle/status/401398180731826176/photo/1/large
  • He4rtHe4rt Posts: 5,379
    Forum Member
    It happens at a lot of companies.

I work for a massive company that has many competitors and i have genuine friends that work for those competitors.Our companies send each other Christmas cards every year, I'll often send them business when we can't take on the work or if we can't provide a specific service and we often help each other out when we need assistance.

Do i want our company to be better then them? Of course, but if one of them vanished due to doing poorly then another company would just replace them.

Edit: This has reminded me that i need to sort some company Christmas cards out. Thanks.:)
  • BinaryDadBinaryDad Posts: 3,988
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At the end of it all these guys are professionals doing a job. They will all have met each other on various occasions and will have lots in common.

The lower level staff will be quite friendly with each other, but when you start getting up to the higher level guys who make all the big decisions; it's very different.

I was invited to the MS party at GDCE by a friend but she grabbed me and very seriously told me "you can't tell them who you work for! If anybody asks, lie!". And that's exactly what I had to do when confronted with some MS execs.

To me, this is nothing more the MS playing a game of oneupmanship. They'e not congratulating Sony, they're trying to hide their fear that they might loose ground. From my experiences with MS, they're pretty insecure about their position in the games industry right now.
  • blitzben85blitzben85 Posts: 3,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BinaryDad wrote: »
    The lower level staff will be quite friendly with each other, but when you start getting up to the higher level guys who make all the big decisions; it's very different.

I was invited to the MS party at GDCE by a friend but she grabbed me and very seriously told me "you can't tell them who you work for! If anybody asks, lie!". And that's exactly what I had to do when confronted with some MS execs.

To me, this is nothing more the MS playing a game of oneupmanship. They'e not congratulating Sony, they're trying to hide their fear that they might loose ground. From my experiences with MS, they're pretty insecure about their position in the games industry right now.

Ooooh, interesting.
  • jokerzjokerz Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BinaryDad wrote: »

^^^^^This
  • brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the only people within the gaming community as a whole that are at each other's throats, are the gamers themselves, large companies know there will always be competition within an industry and they remain dignified, which is more than can be said for the end users.
    Sony have made a number of digs at Microsoft over the last few months. For example, the recent PS4 tear-down video couldn't resist explaining why the power supply had to be inside the box - something that wouldn't have been said if the XBox One's wasn't outside the box. You can see it as being in fun, but it was also making a point to get more sales. I doubt Microsoft people thought it was funny.

That said, Microsoft haven't been making digs at Sony, and their congratulations could well be sincere.
  • gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    exciting times, im going to buy myself an XBONE next year, for me, not for a child

for me
  • redhatmattredhatmatt Posts: 5,197
    Forum Member
    Both companies have done extensive cross licencing with each console they have released. XBox 360 got sony's crackle service before the PS3 did and the PS3 got WMA playback support. the idea that they are blood rivals in this game is false.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 69
    Forum Member
    This is a good effort.... the only winners at the end of the day are the customers.
  • boxxboxx Posts: 5,335
    Forum Member
    brangdon wrote: »
    Sony have made a number of digs at Microsoft over the last few months. For example, the recent PS4 tear-down video couldn't resist explaining why the power supply had to be inside the box - something that wouldn't have been said if the XBox One's wasn't outside the box. You can see it as being in fun, but it was also making a point to get more sales. I doubt Microsoft people thought it was funny.

That said, Microsoft haven't been making digs at Sony, and their congratulations could well be sincere.

BIB - Gonna be a score for MS is the PS4 is plagued with overheating problems but the XB1 isn't!
  • NorfolkBoy1NorfolkBoy1 Posts: 4,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    https://twitter.com/JimSterling/status/403871694881705984
    Jim Sterling ‏@JimSterling 3m
    That all they get? They did YOU a picture! Draw them a picture. RT @PlayStation: Congrats, @Xbox @Microsoft! #NextGeneration

Classless b****rds.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well considering MS tried to sabotage their launch event last gen I'm not surprised :P
  • NorfolkBoy1NorfolkBoy1 Posts: 4,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chopoff wrote: »
    Well considering MS tried to sabotage their launch event last gen I'm not surprised :P

Eh? How so?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Its much more classy that the giant Xbox one advert they posted to Sony last week