Website design

rewindrewind Posts: 2,636
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I own the website Rewind (www.dvdcompare.net). It has been around since 1999 and I originally designed it myself with little to no coding experience. It has been improved over the years by various people but the site still looks pretty much the same!

How much would it cost me if I were to ask someone to re-design it? The site isn't a money making site whatsoever so I can't afford to spend much on the design. Where would be a good place to look for web designers?

Thanks.

Comments

• DotNetWillDotNetWill Posts: 4,564
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Depends on how much you want to do yourself and what you mean by design. If it's just the actual look and you don't mind doing a bit of the work pop over to ThemeForrest and buy a theme then implement it yourself.

If you want a bespoke design/functionality adding or something else then freelancer.co.uk will probably get you someone cheap-ish if you don't mind working with overseas people.
  • John259John259 Posts: 28,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    Hey, have you thought about advertising for a college student to do it? Some students take on projects to build a portfolio and to look good on their CV for the future. I think this would especially appeal to a student as a summer project.
  • BazaramaBazarama Posts: 169
    Forum Member
    The idea of getting a college student to do it is a great one, for the reasons above. Alternatively, I have used www.moonfruit.com who have numerous templates you can use and edit fairly easily to make a bespoke site. Once you get used to it, it's not so time consuming and they charge a fairly low annual premium for the privilege.