[GAME] Battle Of The Seasons 2 [Semi-Final]

SoppyfanSoppyfan Posts: 29,911
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Yes, we are only a show away until the Final already, but we're not there yet. ;)

So last time, we had the quarter-final with the famous five all singing twice for the first time with guilty pleasures and debut singles. It was a night of ups and downs with one act receiving the first ever standing ovation from all the judges. But for one other act, the dream was to be over as Ella Henderson left in 5th place leaving Roxie with one act remaining. Tonight is the Semi-Final and these fantastic four all want to be in the Final, but one of them has to face the AGONY of heading home for good and looking at what we have ready, none of them will be giving up without a fight.

So fighting for your votes are your semi-finalists:

jackamakka who has no remaining 2010 acts

pingu58011 & The last of the 2008 Class
Rachel Hylton

fireemblemcraze & The last of the 2012 Class
Adam Burridge

yohinnchild & The 2011 Class
Melanie McCabe
Little Mix

So ladies and gentleman, welcome to our Semi-Final show on this glorious Thursday...well, if it wasn't raining outside. :p
Let's hope today's weather doesn't dampen our panel's spirits, judges, confirm your presence!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Here!! :D
  • yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,501
    Forum Member
    Me and My Girls Here and we aint going down without a fight ;)
  • SoppyfanSoppyfan Posts: 29,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pingu isn't here but I have his comments ready.

So we begin with the first round which is songs that start with the first letter of our judges names.
    Opening the show and she wants a piece of us (YIKES!), it's Rachel Hylton!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McUj4t3TkPA
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pingu's Comment

Rachel
    *Standing Ovation*

Everybody wanted current, and that`s what they got. Great start to the semi final. That was amaing, and it was slightly upbeat which is what I loved. I found it hard to find a song beginning with P, but I am glad I chose this, because it suited you and your vocals were perfectly. Your vocals were great, and I just hope the judges and the public agree with me, because you deserve to be in the final Rachel. You are the act that has grown the most in this competition, and you deserve to show this in the final. I can`t wait for your second performance which is all about the voice!!!
    Forum Member
    I am here!!! :p
    Forum Member
    Rachel Hylton
    I think you are definately the surprise act of this competition and at the start I don't think anyone would have predicted you getting to the semi finals. You've had a change in mentor which has seen you really step up your game and make a big mark on this competition so Pingu you should be congratulated for how much you've turned Rachel round. As for this performance I thought it started off well and I love the tone to your voice, but I felt it sagged a bit in the middle and then you got back into it in the end section. Overall it was good, but I'm hoping you give me some WOW in the second performance. Good luck for the rest of the show and a good way to kick off the semi finals!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry Pingu, I didn't realize you were here...then it must be Roxie who isn't here. :o

Anyways, that's not bad comments for our surprise act of the Series, but she'll get a second chance later.

Our second act is a dream to us (but she is real at the same time), it's Melanie McCabe!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YU_SFkJynvM
    Forum Member
    Melanie
    Melanie I really like you, and that was an okay performance, though it was quite dated. Overall though, it was a lovely performance and I am not the sort of judge that puts acts down because they did an old song, as an excuse to get people to rank them down so their acts progress :mad: Anyways back to the performance. It was really nice, and your vocals were great. You also showed the more fun side to you. I could see your hips swinging. You have been one of my favourites from the start, and good luck for your second performance!!!
    Forum Member
    Melanie McCabe

*Standing Ovation*

I wasn't here last show to do that for either of your performances so consider that Ovation for all your recent performances! Melanie your an act which I feel is so versatile and out of the all the acts remaining you are the one that has put your voice to so many different types of song and music. You always have such a great tone and range to your voice and always now how to sell the song. The great thing about having two performances is you can go uptempo with one song and have another which is more stripped back and more about the vocal; this performance was about performance and selling yourself and you did that tonight. I'm proud of you for making it this far in the competition and I really hope the support is out there tonight for you to make the final. You've been an amazing act to mentor and I want you to go that one step further; Vote MnM's tonight!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So Melanie puts us in a state of trance once more (TRANCE FOR LIFE! :D), but we'll see her again later.

Next up is our only male act left and right now, he's here to sing, it's Adam Burridge!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdlS8pvu3rc
    Forum Member
    Seriously Pingu, you thought that was dated... when you know what you've got coming up for Rachel?
    Forum Member
    Adam Burridge
    You have been one of my favourite acts in this competition and despite a couple of song wobbles over the past couple of shows you are still here and the last guy standing! At this stage you need to make an impact and I think you did that with that song tonight; it was so much better than Grace Kelly which you were given last show. It was certainly heavier than I was expecting from you and in the chorus sometimes the vocal was swamped a little by the backing track. However overall I really enjoyed that performance; you went on stage in the semi final and you showed just how much you wanted this. Roxie has been a great mentor to all her acts over this series and should be congratulated for getting you this far. Well done tonight and good luck for the second performance.
    Forum Member
    Adam
    *Standing Ovation*

Adam this was actually amazing. That was incredible....I am lost for words. Your vocals were perfection and it shows how much you have improved. Remember that shy boy that just sat on his guitar? That boy has definitely gone because you just completely rocked it out, and went for it. The competition is so tight at this point and I really don`t know who is going into that final. I can`t wait for your next performance. Good luck!!!
    Forum Member
    Seriously Pingu, you thought that was dated... when you know what you've got coming up for Rachel?

No, I mean old!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow! What a comeback for Adam after nearly going out on the last show, but he'll sing again later.

Rounding off this round is our remaining group and they're telling us to don't give it up, it's Little Mix!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgCOxDiN4Bo

Arrangement
    Leigh-Ann
    This pressing feeling
    It's gotta implode, oh
    We fight the feeling
    But we can't ignore
    Who can show us how
    When what we want is right now

Jesy
    Don't give it up

Jade
    I heal and hide
    Forgive this hurt of mine

Perri
    We all have the scars
    To show

Jesy
    Remote controlling
    This total ache, oh
    Internally
    It wants to destroy
    Who can show us what
    Will become of us

Perri
    Don't give it up

Jade
    I heal and hide

Jesy
    We all have the scars
    To show

Leigh-Ann/ Jade
    Don't give it up now
    Just live it up
    Don't give it up
    And mess it up

Perri
    Know what your doing
    What you came here for, oh
    You want to take them
    Hold them down
    Who can show us love
    That holds no doubt

All
    Don't give it up (Don't you wanna)
    I heal and hide
    We all have the scars
    To show
    Forum Member
    Little Mix

*Standing Ovation*

Girls that was another amazing performance from you tonight and I think you've been one of the strongest and consistant acts throughout the whole competition. You've got style, amazing voices and work so well as a group. Roxie commented that she wanted a more slowed down song to hear your vocals and tonight you've got two songs which I feel enable you to show off just how good you are at harmonies and at singing as a group. As I've said before you're the first group i've mentored in years and I was a bit reluctant at first but have found it challenging and good at the same time. Please vote Little Mix tonight if you want to see them in the final; they HAVE to be there!
    Forum Member
    Little Mix
    *Standing Ovation*

Girls I am a massive fan of you in and out of the competition, and that song showed off how great you are. Your vocals were great, and I absolutely loved your harmony`s. It was upbeat, but still great vocals, and it reminded me of your don`t let go performance on the actual show. You definitely deserve to be in the final and for me you have been the most consistent act left in the competition. I am really looking forward to what you do for the second performance of the night. Good luck girls!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So the muffins earn themselves an entire standing ovation, will they do it again in the second round?

Now we move to our second round and these four now have to literally go for broke and book that place in the Final.
    Back on stage and how can she ease the pain? By singing of course, it's Rachel Hylton!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4ZyCPhVvvM
    Note: When she does those loud squeal noises, ignore and just imagine in Rachel`s lovely powerful voice
    Forum Member
    Rachel
    *Standing Ovation*

Rachel I chose that song because it let you show off your amazing vocals, and that song suited you to a tea. This was about showing that you deserve to get to the final, and you definitely sang for your life. Rachel, you have never been in the bottom and you never will be. This shows that you have a lot of fans out there, and I hope they stick together and vote for you to get to the final. You totally deserve it. This is my final plea. #Hyltons pick up your phone and vote for Rachel. She needs your votes!!!!
    Forum Member
    Rachel Hylton
    Rachel congratulations on getting to the semi final of the competition, I think as a vocalist you have an amazing tone and a lot of power to your voice. However I can't help but think that song sounded a little dated and whilst you vocals were really good I think as a 'go for broke' there may have been better songs which could've been used to really kill it tonight. The end section was really good and that's when you got really into it, however I just came away thinking that there are probably better songs out there for you sing and to really WOW us tonight. I sure people will disagree with me, however I think the standard is quite high tonight and it felt a very dated song choice for this point in the show. Good luck with the result tonight!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So Rachel delivers once again, but has she done enough to secure a place in the Final?

Back on stage and she has her voice inside her love, it's Melanie McCabe!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTo0lz-hwMI
    Forum Member
    Melanie
    *Standing Ovation* (I am giving a lot tonight :p)

Melanie I really liked that Mel. Your vocals were just beautiful, and that song was meant for you. You sung your little heart out and proved to me that you wanted to be in the final. I really don`t know how to vote tonight, because you have all been so amazing. I think it is going to be close between all 4 of the acts. I wish you the best of the luck in the voting, and in the future Melanie!!!
    Forum Member
    Melanie McCabe

*Standing Ovation*

As the first performance was all about performance, this was about the vocal and boy did you show that you got a killer voice on you tonight. It was hauntingly brilliant and you showed just how much of a great range you have. Tonight you've showed two different sides to you as an act and for me have delivered on all fronts. You're an amazing talent and I just hope that people rank you highly to get you a place in the final. Again you've been amazing to mentor and would love the opportunity for you to sing in the final of this competition.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So Melanie gets a standing ovation, but she'll need your votes to go along with that, folks.

Back on stage and he's a hurricane (take cover, everyone!), it's Adam Burridge!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdJDPepGOAM
    Forum Member
    Adam
    Adam that was a great choice for you, and it showed you wanted to get into the final. I know you want it so bad and so do the other acts so it is going to be difficult to see any of you go. I have to say though Adam that this wasn`t as good as your previous performance. It was still nice with good vocals though. I really am struggling with ranking. Good luck Adam in the future and in the voting!!!