The positives and negatives of 2013 Brit awards

royllsroyceroyllsroyce Posts: 1,163
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Positives

The 60's rock movement is back. A lot of the hairstyles, fashions, and songs reminded my mum of the sixties. It wasn't just rock n roll remember, artists playing with lyrics and slower numbers were popular too. lots of instruments esp with mumford & sons

There wasn't much cheesy pop. Even the stuff we are meant to think of as pop like One Direction had drums and things, and leant more towards rock. The days of Steps & Spice girls are gone :( lol :p

I liked all the performances

Negatives

Too many ad breaks. they need to use on screen DOGS instead of cutting to ads too (a packet of walkers crisps in bottom right corner during songs)

I found James Corden's banter hit or miss

Too much Emeli Sande and One Direction. They are both harmless acts and have their markets concurred well, nothing against them, but, every act should have equal screentime.

Taylor Swift shouldn't have been there. publicity drive if there ever was one. Shes sold out, leaning towards manufactured pop, and also giving American country a bad name, which it defenetly doesn't deserve.

The bits where artists talked about what songs meant to them were cringe worthy.

Robbie came across as too cocky

Adele had the trophy in her hand 3 seconds after it was announced she had won - obv fixed!

Comments

• Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The whole night was one PR exercise for a number of artists and we can all guess who and the fact it felt more of a corporate dinner than the fun that the Brits once was was disheartening so all in all Apart from Lana Del Rey's win and Jt's performance was all just abit pants.
  • ashtray88ashtray88 Posts: 1,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Adele had the trophy in her hand 3 seconds after it was announced she had won - obv fixed!

Adele wasn't even there. She recorded a video message. Of course she's going to be holding the award..they probably knew she couldn't be there so sent it over to her...:confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Negative - Justin Timberlake... overrated idiot from a crappy boyband. Talked up by the pop world, showed up and hijacked the show to plug his new crap song.
  • callmedivacallmediva Posts: 1,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Negative
    The whole thing. It's just a coporate knees up now. Just a way of plugging a few favoured acts and selling a few more singles.
    It needs a kick up the proverbial before it's too late, (if it isn't already) I long for the days of Jarvis wiggling his posterior at MJ :D
  • FanFromHollandFanFromHolland Posts: 5,987
    Forum Member
    Negative :

None of the performances are on Youtube
  • AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only positive - Justin Timberlake, best performance, best vocals, and he looked smokin', the rest was utter garbage.
  • icanboogieicanboogie Posts: 770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AdzPower wrote: »
    The only positive - Justin Timberlake, best performance, best vocals, and he looked smokin', the rest was utter garbage.

he was out of tune.
  • fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member
    Positives: JT doing his thing! <3

Negatives: too much Emeli Sande again.
  • callmedivacallmediva Posts: 1,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    icanboogie wrote: »
    he was out of tune.

yes he was, and he wasn't the only one
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 79,896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    callmediva wrote: »
    Negative
    The whole thing. It's just a coporate knees up now. Just a way of plugging a few favoured acts and selling a few more singles.
    It needs a kick up the proverbial before it's too late, (if it isn't already) I long for the days of Jarvis wiggling his posterior at MJ :D

Agreed!
  • konebyvaxkonebyvax Posts: 9,120
    Forum Member
    callmediva wrote: »
    yes he was, and he wasn't the only one

Agreed. Even Ms Swift's loud vocal backing track was out of tune on occasions. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    icanboogie wrote: »
    he was out of tune.

I disagree.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I disagree.

Being a Britney fan, you probably wouldn't notice anyway.
  • tangsmantangsman Posts: 3,661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Positives : None
    Negatives : The whole darn lot but especially 1D getting an award. There is nothing to celebrate with these talentless berks who exist solely to make money for their evil mentor.
  • misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just found it to be really boring. I was happy with the majority of winners but Corden, the award presenters, the speeches and the performances... nothing stood out for me. There weren't any "moments", if that makes sense, that I thought were worth talking about or telling someone about the next day.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Being a Britney fan, you probably wouldn't notice anyway.

I think I would, don't bring the queen into this, you're not worthy.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 195
    Forum Member
    Taylor Swift shouldn't have been there. publicity drive if there ever was one. Shes sold out, leaning towards manufactured pop, and also giving American country a bad name, which it defenetly doesn't deserve.

Thank you! I was just commenting on twitter the other day about this! How the hell is she considered country? I am a huge fan of Carrie Underwood and you can hear the difference in their music. And while Carrie has added a pop/rock edge to her recent album, it still retains a huge country influence! Taylor has always, in my opinion, been pop!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think I would, don't bring the queen into this, you're not worthy.

Queen?

Well you had me laughing.
    Forum Member
    Queen?

Well you had me laughing.

Haha got me chuckling too. That title is reserved for Adele or Queen Slayona.
  • P_PP_P Posts: 18,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Negative: everything.

But the worst part was when one direction and Simon Cowell got a bigger cheer than Dave Grohl from the audience. :mad::mad::mad:
  • Bella TrixBella Trix Posts: 7,278
    Forum Member
    Positives: Lana del Rey winning! That was a surprise to me, and I was really pleased. Love her :) I enjoyed Muse, Ben Howard, Taylor Swift, and was pleased for Coldplay's win. Also Mumford & Sons.

Negatives: James Corden's presenting, One Direction (I like them but they did not sound good performing last night) and Emeli bloody Sande appearing every two minutes.
  • 4troy74troy7 Posts: 8,925
    Forum Member
    You all moan about it but I gurantee most of you will still watch it next year .
    Forum Member
    4troy7 wrote: »
    You all moan about it but I gurantee most of you will still watch it next year .

If Emeli comes back (and she inevitably will because her next album is due to come out some time this year :cry: ) then never again.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I felt it was a missed opportunity not having Plan B perform anything from his album, especially considering the state of the UK right now.

An 'Ill Manors' finale would have been sensational.
  • topgooner100topgooner100 Posts: 2,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Positives Justin, Adele winning

Negatives Paloma Faith and The Script should have both won :(
    One boring Direction Sooo annoying they're not even in the country most of the time unless they need something :D
    Too much Emily Sande Again all in all it was boring and predictable
    Thank Goodness for Milans great win over Barca! :p