Ben Stiller's The Secret Life of Walter Mitty

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,895
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Directed and Starring Ben Stiller. You are probably thinking this will be a silly Stiller comedy flick but watch the trailer and (likely) be genuinely surprised.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZZGfux58LI

This looks amazing and people who saw a 12 minute segment this year are saying it looks like Stiller has delivered this years Life Of Pi.

Comments

• SexSex Posts: 44,161
    Forum Member
    What a Lovely trailer.
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Saw the trailer and yes it's beautiful and absolutely mesmerizing. Reminds me a lot of Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. This could be a potential Oscar contender and has been said it could be this year's Life Of Pi.

What i also like is that it's silent with no voiceover apart from the very end when we hear Ben Stiller speak. Overall very impressive.
  • Octopus_PrimeOctopus_Prime Posts: 851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really liked this trailer, I thought it was mesmerising and loved the last part. Definitely will watch this when it comes out. I've never seen the original that was made in 1947 though.
  • Metal MickeyMetal Mickey Posts: 1,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrSuper wrote: »
    Reminds me a lot of Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.
    That's exactly what I thought, too! :)

I'm not a fan of Ben Stiller, but this does look excellent, though very, very different to the original movie (not sure about the original short story though...), and the fact it's being released at the very end of the year suggests the studio believes it might have a sniff of Oscar about it...
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,335
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Danny Kaye version seemed to be on TV a lot when I was a kid, or at least it did in my memory. I really liked it back then, although I haven't seen it in years. Stiller's new version does look good from that trailer.