UKTV Drama to launch - July 8th

Comments

• StasisLeakStasisLeak Posts: 494
    Forum Member
    No pilot?
    Episodes not in order?
    Website info regarding schedule completely wrong?

Given up on this already :mad:
  • BizmanBizman Posts: 749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kurgan2 wrote: »
    No pilot?
    Episodes not in order?
    Website info regarding schedule completely wrong?

Given up on this already :mad:
    Just had a look through the schedule and I find that the episodes ARE in order, it's just that seasons 1 & 2 are interleaved (along with repeats) during the course of the week.
    Forum Member
    Bizman wrote: »
    Just had a look through the schedule and I find that the episodes ARE in order, it's just that seasons 1 & 2 are interleaved (along with repeats) during the course of the week.

Please supply link to schedule as the ones I am looking at all supply the wrong info. Tv guide lists wrong episodes to those actually showing and even the UKTV website is listing episodes that aren't showing and in a completely random order anyway.

For example:

http://drama.uktv.co.uk/shows/new-tricks/episodes/
  • barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kev wrote: »
    I remember reading something not long ago that they do this because people get board and give up.
    Is that an Americanism? Does it mean they get too aroused to carry on watching it?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kurgan2 wrote: »
    Please supply link to schedule.
    My pleasure, have a look here http://www.locatetv.com/uk/listings/drama
    Forum Member

Thanks for that link, season 1 episode 2 has not been shown yet, despite appearing in two previous listings. I'll wait and see if it is actually shown on the 17th July as indicated in the locatetv guide. I guess the pilot is not getting an airing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    barbeler wrote: »
    Is that an Americanism? Does it mean they get too aroused to carry on watching it?

I think what you have to remember is that now, you can just download a full series from the internet in half a hour. If they was every week, i know i would just go on-line and get them rather than waiting a week to watch a repeat.

This way every morning i have two episodes of births of a feather to watch which unless i wanted to watch them all in a day, is enough for me not to get the box set or download rather than waiting.
  • TelevisionUserTelevisionUser Posts: 41,414
    Forum Member
    Whilst I don't have the precise figures, the early ratings feedback looks promising:

UKTV Drama debuts to solid ratings
    UKTV’s new free-to-air station Drama debuted to solid ratings on Tuesday with repeats of Birds of a Feather and Last of the Summer Wine performing well for the channel.
    http://www.broadcastnow.co.uk/news/broadcasters/uktv-drama-debuts-to-solid-ratings/5058162.article?blocktitle=LATEST-NEWS&contentID=870

I expect that the figures will have been in the hundreds of thousands range and that the figures will increase as the channel becomes more widely known on Freeview and Sky (and I have no doubt it'll appear on Virgin Media at some stage).
  • chrisychrisy Posts: 9,419
    Forum Member
    Whilst I don't have the precise figures, the early ratings feedback looks promising:

UKTV Drama debuts to solid ratings
    UKTV’s new free-to-air station Drama debuted to solid ratings on Tuesday with repeats of Birds of a Feather and Last of the Summer Wine performing well for the channel.
    http://www.broadcastnow.co.uk/news/broadcasters/uktv-drama-debuts-to-solid-ratings/5058162.article?blocktitle=LATEST-NEWS&contentID=870

I expect that the figures will have been in the hundreds of thousands range and that the figures will increase as the channel becomes more widely known on Freeview and Sky (and I have no doubt it'll appear on Virgin Media at some stage).
    Interesting that the two shows quoted aren't actually dramas.
  • freetoview33freetoview33 Posts: 2,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chrisy wrote: »
    Interesting that the two shows quoted aren't actually dramas.

This is getting into the argument what is "Drama"
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32
    Forum Member
    Now on Sky Channel 291
  • a516a516 Posts: 5,241
    Forum Member
    2corney wrote: »
    Now on Sky Channel 291
    Freeview thread?
    Forum Member
    The UKTV group will be pleased with the BARB viewing figure results for the Drama channel for the period 8-14 July. The channel had a very respectable average daily reach figure of 950,000.

Link: http://www.barb.co.uk/viewing/weekly-total-viewing-summary?_s=4
  • rudeboy001rudeboy001 Posts: 550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What an annoying channel. I started watching Wish me luck usual on at 01:00. on Freeview. I see they are showing the next 2 episodes at 02:00 and 03:00 when the freeview broadcast has ended.
    I suppose Sky and Freestat viewers will be able to watch, but as I only have freeview, I'm stuffed.

Pretty shabby imo. No point me watching anymore unless it's at a more reasonable time slot.
    Forum Member
    rudeboy001 wrote: »
    What an annoying channel. I started watching Wish me luck usual on at 01:00. on Freeview. I see they are showing the next 2 episodes at 02:00 and 03:00 when the freeview broadcast has ended.
    I suppose Sky and Freestat viewers will be able to watch, but as I only have freeview, I'm stuffed.

Pretty shabby imo. No point me watching anymore unless it's at a more reasonable time slot.

Sorry to hear, rudeboy001, that and Drama's so far only on Freeview and paid-for Sky. In view of what's happened, I'd suggest contacting UKTV directly about this matter: http://corporate.uktv.co.uk/about-uktv/article/contact-us/
  • freetoview33freetoview33 Posts: 2,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear, rudeboy001, that and Drama's so far only on Freeview and paid-for Sky. In view of what's happened, I'd suggest contacting UKTV directly about this matter: http://corporate.uktv.co.uk/about-uktv/article/contact-us/

If they ever reply
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Why not check out here http://www.locatetv.com/tv/wish-me-luck/6961302/schedule#28-Jul-2013 for future episodes. Good luck!
  • lloys-strachanlloys-strachan Posts: 1,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't think "Drama" would be for me but i'm watching quite alot of it.

Plenty of old stuff but as time goes on they will have more programs originally recorded in HD.

Would be nice if this channel went HD on the new multiplex next year. Even the older programs would look better upscaled.
  • rudeboy001rudeboy001 Posts: 550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, decided to contact UKTV regarding showing some episodes of "Wish me Luck" after the 2am freeview cutoff.
    This was their reply;

Dear xxxx,

Thank you for your email.

In regards to your enquiry we're sorry that you're unable to watch 'Wish Me Luck' at the time it's currently being shown on Drama.

We have passed a request to the relevant team for it to be shown during the hours that Drama channel is broadcast on Freeview.

Kind regards

The UKTV Team

At least they provided a speedy response.Hopefully the will schedule the series at a regular time instead of this hopping around.
    Forum Member
    Well, decided to contact UKTV regarding showing some episodes of "Wish me Luck" after the 2am freeview cutoff.
    This was their reply;

Dear xxxx,

Thank you for your email.

In regards to your enquiry we're sorry that you're unable to watch 'Wish Me Luck' at the time it's currently being shown on Drama.

We have passed a request to the relevant team for it to be shown during the hours that Drama channel is broadcast on Freeview.

Kind regards

The UKTV Team

At least they provided a speedy response.Hopefully the will schedule the series at a regular time instead of this hopping around.

I always think it's worth doing something like this, rudeboy001, because at least the relevant UKTV staff will now know that their programme scheduling is having unintended consequences. Hopefully, they will listen and make some changes in due course although I wouldn't expect to see anything too soon.
  • onecitizenonecitizen Posts: 5,042
    Forum Member
    I have been disappointed with the drama channel to date. I would love to see the original House of Cards series along with other classic one off dramas and series.Endless repeats of birds of a feather isn't exactly inspiring.
  • solace2008solace2008 Posts: 1,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    onecitizen wrote: »
    I have been disappointed with the drama channel to date. I would love to see the original House of Cards series along with other classic one off dramas and series.Endless repeats of birds of a feather isn't exactly inspiring.

I don't mind Birds of a Feather repeats. It's coming back next year on ITV. Pauline Quirke & co start recording 8 episodes for the new run next month - with an aim for broadcasting in early 2014.

Monarch of The Glen, New Tricks & Silk are also currently showing on Drama (after a re-scan from channel Freeview 829, Drama is now on Freeview channel No.20).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    solace2008 wrote: »
    Monarch of The Glen, New Tricks & Silk are also currently showing on Drama (after a re-scan from channel Freeview 829, Drama is now on Freeview channel No.20).
    It was probably put on 829 because you still had Gold on 20. A rescan earlier would have put it on 20 from day 1.
    Forum Member
    ...with an average daily reach of 1,203,000 viewers for the period 22 July to 28 July according to BARB: http://www.barb.co.uk/viewing/weekly-total-viewing-summary?_s=4

That amounts to an increase in viewers of 27% from the previous figure listed earlier on in this thread. The UKTV bosses are probably very pleased with this channel's performance so far.
    Forum Member

New Tricks schedule on that link is also incorrect:
    Just tuned in to watch this episode but a completely different episode is showing :mad:

New TricksSeason 1 Episode 6: Talking to the Dead
    Halford visits a clairvoyant in the hope of making contact with his dead wife, but instead receives a message from a teenage girl who was abducted and left to die in a transport container in 1982. Despite the unconventional nature of the new evidence, Pullman agrees to reopen the investigation. The ageing detectives become convinced it will be their final case when they are ordered to report for physical and psychological evaluation. James Bolam, Amanda Redman and Robert Bathurst star