Forum Member
https://soundcloud.com/mutyakeishasiobhan

New single uploaded to Soundcloud in full at 2pm today:D

What do you think?

Comments

• Toy_HeroToy_Hero Posts: 11,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm surprised that I'm actually pretty excited for this. I wasn't the biggest sugababes fan in the world, but when I heard the preview for Flatline it sounded fantastic!!

just under an hour to go :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 69
    Forum Member
    I'm literally 100% excited - refreshing the screen
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 145
    Forum Member
    It's there!
  • swordofomensswordofomens Posts: 267
    Forum Member
    Its a good song but not exactly mind blowing after all the hype.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it`s good but it`s something i`d get bored with quickly
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    While I like it, I think it's a little underwhelming if I'm honest and I don't know if it's a hit.
  • phill363phill363 Posts: 24,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its decent needs more umpth
    Forum Member
    Wow like 2 different songs in 1. Really love the middle 8. Get's better on every listen.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it does need more oomph. I think I was excited from the preview because it was the ending we got to hear. But I still think it's nice. Just thought there could have been more power in it
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OMG it is absolutely beautiful!
    Dev Hynes has put his stamp all over it with the 80s' influences.
    I particularly love the verses and Siobhan's middle 8 section.
    It feels like such a breath of fresh air which is why it won't do anything in the charts
  • Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,759
    Forum Member
    I do think it's a really good song but IMHO not worth the wait, they all sound brilliant but I think I'd prefer it with Heidi's vocals, 2.0 just blended great I thought, but I do think it is a great track which as Makson said, probably won't do anything in the charts

Also, why such a long wait from first play to release?! ANOTHER 2 months before the single is released despite Siobhan tweeting in August 2011 that the album was completed
  • glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    I absolutely love this. I just mentioned in the DS article, I always felt that one of the reasons the first two Sugababes line-ups were so good is because their vocals complimented each other so well. Their harmonies are just brilliant!

I know this technically isn't the 'Sugababes', but it does feel exactly like the Sugababes are back together :D The bit from 2:56 to 3:12 is just so Sugababes it's unreal - these voices have been missed!

I just hope it gets radio support.
    Forum Member
    I do think it's a really good song but IMHO not worth the wait, they all sound brilliant but I think I'd prefer it with Heidi's vocals, 2.0 just blended great I thought, but I do think it is a great track which as Makson said, probably won't do anything in the charts

Also, why such a long wait from first play to release?! ANOTHER 2 months before the single is released despite Siobhan tweeting in August 2011 that the album was completed

SSSh Heidi, you have Happy Days now. Leave this to the real singers.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 69
    Forum Member
    It's all I wanted and more - sophisticated, uplifting, soulful, rich etc....
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    I quite like this actually. Sugababes 2.0 was my favourite lineup but this song is still good.
  • Mark-AnthonyMark-Anthony Posts: 572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Think im the only one that thinks its sh*t lol
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,058
    Forum Member
    I like the production and I think the verses are great, but the chorus lets the entire song down. Forgettable melody and the harmonies are not a very modern or current element to add to a song's chorus. Maybe they could have used them for the bridge, but not for the song's most important section. They need to do better than this. It's not bad though.
  • FashionFashion Posts: 5,017
    Forum Member
    Worth the wait, it's a grower.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mutya deserves more solo than Siobhan but its still a good listen
  • SpaceToiletsSpaceToilets Posts: 3,343
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Granted, MKS have taken their sweet time letting us hear any proper new material from the original Sugababes. And granted, it's a coincidence, but although the wait's been torturous, this week feels like the perfect time for "Flatline" to hit: Icona Pop are Number One in the U.K. right now with "I Love It", a band and missive borne of break-ups that galvanised ironclad female friendships rather than provoking mopey relationship post-mortems. That's exactly the sentiment on show here: the "flatline" part of MKS' comeback refers to two tired hearts, but way more captivating then the whos and whys are the flooring vocal harmonies between Mutya, Keisha, and Siobhan. 12 years removed from when we last heard them sing together, they sound melancholy but powerful, and entirely, boldly un-self-conscious of Dev Hynes' immaculate production, which starts koto and ends with a crash, hitting somewhere between Solange and Annie, Foals and Dutch Uncles. It's a song made for cawing in bathrooms with your lady pals, rather than climbing out of toilet windows to avoid them."

http://pitchfork.com/reviews/tracks/15688-mutya-keisha-siobhan-flatline/
  • AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like it, not mind blowing but let's face it, no matter what they came up with it wasn't gonna meet anyone's expectations, I can see this being a big hit if radio get behind it, it feels like a song that a lot of the general public might enjoy as well as their fanbase, gives me sort of a universal vibe, a song that anyone can jam too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think I prefer Lay Down in Swimming Pools but I know it will grow on me. It's heavily produced too and I'll be interested to hear it live and see if it does live up to it vocally.

It's one of those songs I think will be great whilst it's in the charts but I don't think it has the classic longevity of Overload or Run for Cover,, and certainly not as classic as anything from 2.0 era.

I don't suppose it will be long until the Siobhan vs Keisha arguements start. Siobhan may have been a kid but I imagine if Keisha starts treating her how she treated Heidi and Amelle, it won't take long for things to snap!

I'd like them to be successful tho and MKS to be seen not as Sugababes 1.1
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They sound fantastic but lets be honest. Every line up of the Sugababes did.

However I cannot see this being a hit. Perhaps a minor hit but I don't think they have any fanbase or real interest. If Girls Aloud, who flopped underperformed with their second 2012 single, and Little Mix can't really have decent chart success in the top 40 then I doubt this lot will.
  • DizagaoxDizagaox Posts: 4,733
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with general sentiment, I can't see this smashing the charts but hopefully Top 10 and it shifts albums.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Okay, I really am loving this now. Can someone tell me the lyrics to Siobhan's part in the beginning? I can't really understand the second line :o