silent witness on bbc1 now

Comments

• xxamiexxxxamiexx Posts: 1,240
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    saralund wrote: »
    The notion that they were going to go to Afghanistan and work out who did it seemed more even more batty to me than usual for SW.

What were they planning to do - crawl round the Taliban strongholds taking fingerprints and DNA cheek scrapes? Where were they planning to store all their blood samples etc. - in those solar-driven refrigerators?

So the only way there could even be a shred of a plot was if the culprit was someone on the 'friendly' side, which seemed sadly predictable. And why on earth would the soldier at the start want to know 'who dun it', when all the other families whose sons have died,are grateful just to get the body back?

And is it perfectly OK to close the Lyall Centre while the three principals go off abroad together?

Try as I might, I just can't suspend disbelief on this one!
    geogchick wrote: »
    Anyone else thinking the British Taliban guy is the one they think is dead? Dan?

This is unbelievable really, that the three of them can just go swanning off somewhere abroad, let alone Afghanistan!!

As soon as I heard the English accent I thought it was the 'dead' guy, although they have confirmed the body is the missing solder for definite, DNA??
  • Deep PurpleDeep Purple Posts: 63,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This programme has always been far fetched, but lately, each episode just becomes more absurd.

Pathologists are not detectives, and do not interview suspects, and witnesses, or make their own enquiries.

The concept of them all jetting off to Afghanistan to solve a six year old killing of a soldier is ridiculous.

Who is doing all the PMs, and pathology work back home? Although, they never have anything other than one or two cases on at a time anyway. No wonder their funding has been looked at.

I have to keep watching though to see how much further into the realms of fantasy they can take this.
  • CharentonCharenton Posts: 1,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    xxamiexx wrote: »
    This is unbelievable really, that the three of them can just go swanning off somewhere abroad, let alone Afghanistan!!

As soon as I heard the English accent I thought it was the 'dead' guy, although they have confirmed the body is the missing solder for definite, DNA??

I must have missed that bit. Perhaps I'd fell asleep by then out of sheer boredom.:yawn:

It's OK to have one or two unrealistic events in SW but last night's episode beggars belief. It was unrealistic from start to finish.

I think the English speaking Taliban member is the missing soldier too.
    According to tonight's programme notes, Leo grows closer to Fawzia. If he is dead she probably won't notice any difference.
  • chloebchloeb Posts: 6,501
    Forum Member
    owllover wrote: »
    Oh poo. You're probably right. :D

Didn't think of that
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So Leo and Nikki are godparents as they are medical experts?

If i just had a baby, don't think I'd want 2 pathologists on standby!
  • saralundsaralund Posts: 3,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1701-E wrote: »
    So Leo and Nikki are godparents as they are medical experts?

If i just had a baby, don't think I'd want 2 pathologists on standby!

Let's hope the baby isn't having any health problems right now. Its two 'medical asset' godparents are not exactly available! :rolleyes:
  • RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    saralund wrote: »
    The notion that they were going to go to Afghanistan and work out who did it seemed more even more batty to me than usual for SW.

What were they planning to do - crawl round the Taliban strongholds taking fingerprints and DNA cheek scrapes? Where were they planning to store all their blood samples etc. - in those solar-driven refrigerators?

So the only way there could even be a shred of a plot was if the culprit was someone on the 'friendly' side, which seemed sadly predictable. And why on earth would the soldier at the start want to know 'who dun it', when all the other families whose sons have died,are grateful just to get the body back?

And is it perfectly OK to close the Lyall Centre while the three principals go off abroad together?

Try as I might, I just can't suspend disbelief on this one!

Yes, that was the last straw for me. I can accept some ridiculous story lines, but this one was a step too far.
    Goodbye SW, you provided some fine entertainment over the years, but now you've turned into a complete farce.
  • owlloverowllover Posts: 7,980
    Forum Member
    Charenton wrote: »
    According to tonight's programme notes, Leo grows closer to Fawzia. If he is dead she probably won't notice any difference.

That made me lol.
  • bookaddictbookaddict Posts: 2,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am loving the new Silent Witness with David Caves, although I also loved it with Tom Ward. Does anyone know anything about the new guy ;) ?

Theatre actor for seven years, and very good at it. Member of the RSC (I smiled when they mentioned Stratford and the RSC in the third story of this series.) I was lucky enough to see him as Petrucchio in The Taming of the Shrew last year - he was outstanding. I believe he is going out with Kate Dillon from Cranford, who played Kate opposite his Petruccio (but I may not be correct about that). I far far prefer him to Harry, as I've mentioned before. SW is his first tv role.

Oh, but I love Leo...I have a total 'thing' for him.
  • lfc90lfc90 Posts: 577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Say in the paper Leo is leaving

So is he dead tonight? Or leave in last episode of show?
  • marinamaumarinamau Posts: 4,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bookaddict wrote: »
    Theatre actor for seven years, and very good at it. Member of the RSC (I smiled when they mentioned Stratford and the RSC in the third story of this series.) I was lucky enough to see him as Petrucchio in The Taming of the Shrew last year - he was outstanding. I believe he is going out with Kate Dillon from Cranford, who played Kate opposite his Petruccio (but I may not be correct about that). I far far prefer him to Harry, as I've mentioned before. SW is his first tv role.

Oh, but I love Leo...I have a total 'thing' for him.

I always liked Harry and Leo,( love Nikki). But I really like Jack, at first it was bit one dimensional, but I think the actor is super charismatic and is a more balanced ensamble personality wise.
  • lfc90lfc90 Posts: 577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And they filmed this afghan case is Spain

Who will take lead/ charge now? Niki or someone new?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lfc90 wrote: »
    Say in the paper Leo is leaving

So is he dead tonight? Or leave in last episode of show?

My theory:
    he does not die but decides to stay in afghanistan or helping in developing countries in some sort. That is why Nikki is sad as he will not there for her anymore because he does not come back to Lyall centre. He may die I suppose as well or instead of :D.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19
    Forum Member
    Last night was so good we are debating whether to actually watch tonights episode or a re-run of Toy Story :sleep:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lfc90 wrote: »
    And they filmed this afghan case is Spain

Who will take lead/ charge now? Niki or someone new?

I thought as much!
  • bookaddictbookaddict Posts: 2,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leo is leaving??? Nooooooo. I didn't care about Harry, but I will really miss Leo :(
  • PorkSausagePorkSausage Posts: 2,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Remarkable recovery from Leo.

Couple of scratches; no broken bones.
  • PigsMightFlyPigsMightFly Posts: 15,962
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope this won't end in tragedy :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    scratches look stuck on Leo's face
  • miss buzzybeemiss buzzybee Posts: 16,428
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ok I dont know where this is going now!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What is the significance of the feet? They keep showing feet, either bare feet standing around the grave, bare feet of the dead Taliban, dead feet of Sean.
  • prehensileprehensile Posts: 5,091
    Forum Member
    What a complete load of tosh that was.

I really thought it was getting back on track last week but that's me finished with this pile of ludicrous crap.:mad:
  • miss buzzybeemiss buzzybee Posts: 16,428
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    well that is Leo gone! :(
  • chloebchloeb Posts: 6,501
    Forum Member
    No Leo!!!!
  • pattycakepattycake Posts: 4,603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had worked out the identity early on but I didn't see this coming!!!