Why do people hate One Direction?

Comments

• Hassaan13Hassaan13 Posts: 41,962
    Forum Member
    There are many people who happen to switch over to another channel whenever they come on - people need to loosen up a bit more and learn the definition of fun. I don't hate anyone I don't know, and these lads are practically harmless.

Yes, they haven't really had a smash hit single since WMYB and there are some other songs from TMH which should have been released as singles - Rock Me is one, I Would is another.
  • ChateauMarmontChateauMarmont Posts: 2,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hassaan13 wrote: »

Yes, they haven't really had a smash hit single since WMYB and there are some other songs from TMH which should have been released as singles - Rock Me is one, I Would is another.

Are they not releasing any other songs from Take Me Home?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 163
    Forum Member
    PaulBowker wrote: »
    BUT much like Adele they do make music and that music is enjoyed by a particular fan base. I

They are fed with music and have no musical input that is exactly the problem, they are just Cowell's puppets. Real musicians make music, but One Direction can't even sing properly what they are given. Their songwriters just take the big cheque and don't want to be seen with them again, because it's so embarrassing.

Real musicians have no respect for One Direction and they are right.
  • ChateauMarmontChateauMarmont Posts: 2,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They are fed with music and have no musical input that is exactly the problem, they are just Cowell's puppets. Real musicians make music, but One Direction can't even sing properly what they are given. Their songwriters just take the big cheque and don't want to be seen with them again, because it's so embarrassing.

Wasn't there a guy from The Vaccines tweeting about writing music with Niall? From reading, they are 'real' musicians. Correct me if I'm wrong though and they aren't credible!
    Forum Member
    Are they not releasing any other songs from Take Me Home?

Don't think so. The last one was Kiss You which got to #9. Even if they were, they wouldn't have time to promote it.
  • twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wasn't there a guy from The Vaccines tweeting about writing music with Niall? From reading, they are 'real' musicians. Correct me if I'm wrong though and they aren't credible!

Yes you are correct and the McFly boys have been in the studio with them too
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 209
    Forum Member
    They haven't had a chance to be original and write songs, they could be really good at it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

You really do make it up as you go along :eek: Many songwriters from their first album also wrote for their second :Savan Kotechi, McFly and Ed Sheeran. McFly and one of the Vaccines are writing with them for their third album. So I don't think any of them are embarassed about been connected to them

We know from this thread you can't stand them and that is fine but please do check your facts before posting and don't just make it up as it is only your reality and not the truth :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    They haven't had a chance to be original and write songs, they could be really good at it.

In all fairness, Everything About You from the first album lyrically sounds like something they'd write.
    Forum Member

Or is there another reason it is on twitter that a talentless One Direction kid has written one word for a song?
    Forum Member

They are no musicians how should they write songs? You are so naive if you think you don't need musical talent to write songs.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They are no musicians how should they write songs? You are so naive if you think you don't need musical talent to write songs.

Chris I now see what you are doing , just trolling this thread to annoy people. Otherwise you would answer posters responses but you just seem to ignore so carry on and keep trolling
  • Winter004Winter004 Posts: 1,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    twingle wrote: »
    Chris I now see what you are doing , just trolling this thread to annoy people. Otherwise you would answer posters responses but you just seem to ignore so carry on and keep trolling

I wouldn't bother replying to this poster. A quick look of his posting history shows that he pops up on nearly every 1D thread with the same comments! Seems strange that considering he hates them so much, he seeks out all their threads!
  • sillcinnamonsillcinnamon Posts: 19
    Forum Member
    I like One Direction. I really do. Support them since the X Factor days. I like them for what they are, good fun boyband.

I, though, have a problem with their hardcore fans when they claimed that the boys had more inputs in the music that what they really had.

Co writinging credits usually don't mean anything unless your are really involved from the beginning. I can make a good guess bases on artists' interviews if they are the real deal. People like Adele or Robbie Williams wrote a lot of their lyrics and melodies when they might not be the greatest musicians ever. I still considered that they owned the songs since they were able to discuss about the making process clearly.

1D's fans shouldn't go ott on their "hidden" talents yet. If they start to show that for real in the future, it's not too late to start claiming about the musical talents.
    Forum Member

I don't understand what you've put.

But I don't think you need to be a good song writer to be a good singer, I think they are two different talents and each one should be respected. Take Digital Spy Forums high and mighty "Beatles"... Say if they were a group of four song writers that wrote together for people to sing the songs they recorded would we still think they were miracle musicians sent from the gods to shine on us each and every day?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't understand what you've put.

But I don't think you need to be a good song writer to be a good singer, I think they are two different talents and each one should be respected. Take Digital Spy Forums high and mighty "Beatles"... Say if they were a group of four song writers that wrote together for people to sing the songs they recorded would we still think they were miracle musicians sent from the gods to shine on us each and every day?

You just mentioned The Beatles in a thread about One Direction. You're in for it now. :D

As for the subject of this thread, I haven't really met anyone who 'hates' One Direction. Not in person anyway. It's usually just people slagging them off over the internet.

I've liked them since the X Factor and think it's great they've had so much success. They aren't pretending they're musical geniuses so I don't get why some people are so detemined to bring them down.
    Forum Member
    mmeister2 wrote: »
    You just mentioned The Beatles in a thread about One Direction. You're in for it now. :D

As for the subject of this thread, I haven't really met anyone who 'hates' One Direction. Not in person anyway. It's usually just people slagging them off over the internet.

I've liked them since the X Factor and think it's great they've had so much success. They aren't pretending they're musical geniuses so I don't get why some people are so detemined to bring them down.

It'd be far worse if I wrote how I really felt about said band, trust me.
    Forum Member
    They know they aren't the best band in the world, and they don't try to compare themselves to any other band either. They are just a fun, pop band. If their songs weren't great they wouldn't be so successful. If you listen to acoustic performances they sound brilliant. Their performance tonight on Comic Relief will be one to look out for.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Hassaan13 wrote: »
    There are many people who happen to switch over to another channel whenever they come on - people need to loosen up a bit more and learn the definition of fun. I don't hate anyone I don't know, and these lads are practically harmless.

I'm one of those people. The moment they come on or I hear their name, I switch to another channel.
  • zeze88zeze88 Posts: 1,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Official Chart Company announced the biggest selling Comic Relief singles of all time. I was right when I said media definitely jumped to quickly on the conclusion that One Way Or Another will be the biggest selling single in history because - 1D are at no. 12.

http://www.officialcharts.com/chart-news/comic-reliefs-biggest-selling-singles-revealed-2113/

See, this is the only thing that I hate when it comes to 1D - media being too enthusiastic and writing about bombastic success before it even happened.
  • collitcollit Posts: 787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't hate 'them'. I just think their music is for children, so as I'm not a child I don't listen to it.
    I am trying to steer my 10 year old daughter away from them though. She currently likes Dr Feelgood. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zeze88 wrote: »
    Official Chart Company announced the biggest selling Comic Relief singles of all time. I was right when I said media definitely jumped to quickly on the conclusion that One Way Or Another will be the biggest selling single in history because - 1D are at no. 12.

http://www.officialcharts.com/chart-news/comic-reliefs-biggest-selling-singles-revealed-2113/

See, this is the only thing that I hate when it comes to 1D - media being too enthusiastic and writing about bombastic success before it even happened.

Actually I am surprised at this . I wonder if this is for UK sales only as I know they have sold a lot overseas and don't think too many others did certainly not the Wanted's gold forever which I got the impression didn't do that great at the time. And, won't they sell more tonight after performing it on Comic Relief? I know Peter Kay's song exploded AFTER comic relief night although I am sure they won't sell in the same numbers as PK
  • zeze88zeze88 Posts: 1,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    twingle wrote: »
    Actually I am surprised at this . I wonder if this is for UK sales only as I know they have sold a lot overseas and don't think too many others did certainly not the Wanted's gold forever which I got the impression didn't do that great at the time. And, won't they sell more tonight after performing it on Comic Relief? I know Peter Kay's song exploded AFTER comic relief night although I am sure they won't sell in the same numbers as PK

I'm pretty sure they would have said The Biggest Comic Relief single in the UK then, they wouldn't have said The Biggest Selling singles of All Time. Plus, they say that overall tally worldwide is over 8 million copies... And I'm also pretty sure all of these singles were released worldwide, just like 1D's single.

Yes, I do believe it is very possible their single sales will increase thanks to the performance tonight, although even that isn't certain these days. I remember how I was surprised their album sales haven't increased much after they won a Brit Award, while almost all the winners had pretty huge increase - even Tmiberlake's debut album had an increase even if he didn't win an award, he just performed.
  • abrightyzabrightyz Posts: 24,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it's interesting to see how the Comic Relief performance tonight will help the single's sales... from what i heard, we'll see the sanitised version, not the whole screaming-to-high-heavens, bra-throwing, stage-surging, fan-clinging-to-zayn's-leg-like-her-life-depended-on-it crazzeh version, lolz!!:eek::D:D
  • ackeracker Posts: 8,809
    Forum Member
    I dont hate them, I just dont give a **** about them .....like theyll lose sleep.