The Dumping Ground - CBBC

Comments

• RingoJ739KRingoJ739K Posts: 23,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leanne has answered some questions on the CBBC Messageboards.:)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/cbbc/articles/leanne-answers-your-questions
  • Hassaan13Hassaan13 Posts: 41,961
    Forum Member
    RingoJ739K wrote: »
    Leanne has answered some questions on the CBBC Messageboards.:)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/cbbc/articles/leanne-answers-your-questions

Interesting trivia there - we may be hearing more of Razz.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Synopsis of episode 11.

Tyler gets a central episode!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/proginfo/2013/10/dumping-ground-week-10.html
    Forum Member
    Synopsis of episode 11.

Tyler gets a central episode!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/proginfo/2013/10/dumping-ground-week-10.html

Sounds like a good one!

Rick's episode tomorrow - this'll also be a good one! :)

What's your favorite episode of the series so far?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hassaan13 wrote: »
    Sounds like a good one!

Rick's episode tomorrow - this'll also be a good one! :)

What's your favorite episode of the series so far?

I have two favourites.:)

So far, my favourite episodes are "SOS" and "What Would Gus Want"

"Freedom" was also a great double episode.

Overall, I've enjoyed most of the episodes and I'm looking foward to tomorrow's episode.:)

What are your favourites?
    Forum Member
    I have two favourites.:)

So far, my favorite episodes are "SOS" and "What Would Gus Want"

Overall, I've enjoyed most of the episodes and I'm looking forward to tomorrow's episode.:)

What are your favorites?

The same - including that double episode.

I like the slip of funny lines - ones that teenagers can have a laugh at :D

E.g - Tee telling Elektra over the phone "I think Tyler's flashing".

"You were mugged!?" - though funnier considering they were insisting on telling the truth and they thought Elektra would believe them :D

Still trying to figure out exactly why Tee kept behind that tablet in the fourth episode even though it helped in the end. Also, why Johnny insisted on doing the marathon even though Faith said he shouldn't have to :D
  • thehordeoftravthehordeoftrav Posts: 381
    Forum Member
    TDG's winning formula is simply the life of kids in care and that's why the ratings are so high.

I don't think they portray life in care realistically. I think series 1 of 'The Story of Tracy Beaker' showed a genuine care home, you could see it was quite low funded. But now the carehome is spotless, the kids have gadgets like mobile phones, nice clothes but really care kids wouldn't receive that amount of money to afford nice items. The life of the kids they show would rarely ever happen in real life. Mike would by much stricter. The kids would more 'messed' up'.

I'm saying that it's a bad programme but that it misses the realistic elements. I still think it's an enjoyable series and the episodes are well scripted.

Moving on, tomorrows episode may just be my favourite so far!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think they portray life in care realistically. I think series 1 of 'The Story of Tracy Beaker' showed a genuine care home, you could see it was quite low funded. But now the carehome is spotless, the kids have gadgets like mobile phones, nice clothes but really care kids wouldn't receive that amount of money to afford nice items. The life of the kids they show would rarely ever happen in real life. Mike would by much stricter. The kids would more 'messed' up'.

I'm saying that it's a bad programme but that it misses the realistic elements. I still think it's an enjoyable series and the episodes are well scripted.

You have to remember that it's toned down for children's TV so it's not all gonna be realistic but I still believe this and TBR are definitely more realisitic than the old series of Tracy Beaker. We actually see hints of abuse (which does actually happen in real life) and we learn more about the character's background and past. It's more grown up, there are more mature storylines and it doesn't focus heavily on the lighter comedy which was done in "The Story Of Tracy Beaker". I enjoy all three programmes and I believe every care home should have a "Mike" and "Tracy" but unfortunately in reality, it's not the case.

As for the use of mobile phones, it would depend as some of the money might come from parents. I guess it also makes the show more modern too.
    Forum Member
    Brand new episode in just over an hour's time :)

Let's hope we have all the regulars back on here.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another appearance from Jade.:)
    Forum Member
    That was great episode! 9/10!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great episode!:)

I loved the scenes with Gina and Tee. It was also quite sad when they both realised that Mike was right about Hattie having to move into a care home. I really felt sorry for Gina and Hattie, it was also sad when hattie realised it herself. I'm also glad we got to know more about Rick and his dad plus it was nice to see Jade again. Tee was great as always and Faith is growing on me even more, she's really likeable as a character.:)

Sneek peak for episode 9 - http://www.bbc.co.uk/cbbc/clips/p01551qf
    Forum Member
    Brilliant episode - one of the best of the series :)

Its interesting how Rick's dad doesn't seem to be from where he is - as he has a more Londoner accent whereas Rick is more northern/Mancunian.

Tee played a good role though she should look into the situation more before making a complaint - as it was the best for Hattie.
    Forum Member
    Sneek peak for episode 9 - http://www.bbc.co.uk/cbbc/clips/p01551qf

Quite a long sneak peak at that.

What did the others think about the episode?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quite a long sneak peak at that.

What did the others think about the episode?

From the looks of twitter, a lot of people enjoyed the episode.:)
    Forum Member
    The only little thing that annoyed me was that before this episode Rick seemed to have no problem with scamming and seemed proud of his parents and their lives! But I guess...he changed.
  • gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,505
    Forum Member
    Wasn't really a scam though. Plain, old-fashioned distraction theft.
  • george.millmangeorge.millman Posts: 8,628
    Forum Member

Moving on, tomorrows episode may just be my favourite so far!
    You have to remember that it's toned down for children's TV so it's not all gonna be realistic but I still believe this and TBR are definitely more realisitic than the old series of Tracy Beaker. We actually see hints of abuse (which does actually happen in real life) and we learn more about the character's background and past. It's more grown up, there are more mature storylines and it doesn't focus heavily on the lighter comedy which was done in "The Story Of Tracy Beaker". I enjoy all three programmes and I believe every care home should have a "Mike" and "Tracy" but unfortunately in reality, it's not the case.

As for the use of mobile phones, it would depend as some of the money might come from parents. I guess it also makes the show more modern too.

I think also, the show stresses that the care home that they show is a particularly nice one, mainly because they have a really nice care worker/father figure in the form of Mike - which they showed when he got the award last series.

But they do make it clear that not all care homes are so nice. Remember the start of Series 3 of TBR? The Burnywood lot came (including Tyler and Rick) and their care home was nowhere near as nice.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    I think it's about time they changed the credits at the start, removing Gus and putting in Floss. :P
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Simmeh wrote: »
    I think it's about time they changed the credits at the start, removing Gus and putting in Floss. :P

I don't think they'll be changing it yet since we have a new character on the way. If the show is recommisioned for a second series then it's likely to change and so on.
  • Dan_CbbcDan_Cbbc Posts: 1,842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brilliant episode - one of the best of the series :)

Its interesting how Rick's dad doesn't seem to be from where he is - as he has a more Londoner accent whereas Rick is more northern/Mancunian.

Tee played a good role though she should look into the situation more before making a complaint - as it was the best for Hattie.

True but then in a previous life Rick's dad was a copper up in london :P
    Forum Member
    Dan_Cbbc wrote: »

Indeed - both Rick's parents were in her majesty's prisons as Rick put it. I'm sure as he grew older, he would become more mature, that's probably why he had an issue with supposed scamming and especially considering why they ended up in prison.
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dan_Cbbc wrote: »

The Bill! Thank you! Been wracking my brain since watching yesterday's ep.

Another pretty good ep. Gina's Mum's dementia was sad and it was a good lesson for Tee (and Gina) to learn.

Not enough Elektra!!
    Forum Member
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    The Bill! Thank you! Been wracking my brain since watching yesterday's ep.

Another pretty good ep. Gina's Mum's dementia was sad and it was a good lesson for Tee (and Gina) to learn.

Not enough Elektra!!

Well, not all the characters can appear in every episode. Lily wasn't there either and that's probably the first time she hasn't been this series.

Anyway, the episode pulled in 428k (3.0%), which is quite a drop from last week's 520k. I'm surprised it's lower because many people were looking forward to Rick's episode.
  • george.millmangeorge.millman Posts: 8,628
    Forum Member
    Well, not all the characters can appear in every episode. Lily wasn't there either and that's probably the first time she hasn't been this series.

But Lily doesn't live in the care home, so you can't expect her to be around all the time. Elektra lives there and is one of the main characters, and this is the second episode in succession she hasn't really had anything to do.