Yep?

So am I.

Strange that, huh?
  • dellydelly Posts: 10,189
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ishina wrote: »
    Sarcasm is wasted on you.

Don't waste commodities you cannot spare.
  • dosanjh1dosanjh1 Posts: 8,727
    Forum Member
    I'm pretty sure you once said that those laws should be introduced to Britain. Why are they okay but the terrible things that Stalin and Pol Pot did not?

That's a blast from the past !! If I did it would of been a younger more immature me. I'm older and wiser now. For clarity I abhor these practices.

This aside, would you agree that Atheists in history have caused destruction in a similar vain to religious bigots?
  • Richard46Richard46 Posts: 59,830
    Forum Member
    Surely we can find some common ground in holding these sad excuses for human beings in contempt?
  • KJ44KJ44 Posts: 38,093
    Forum Member
    delly wrote: »

Condescending rhetoric. Is this what DS:GD is reduced to?

I'm an atheist. I'm not a stereotype. You might have an afterlife, I'm stuck on one planet with 7 billion people who have conflicting religions.

Play nice.
    Forum Member
    Richard46 wrote: »
    Surely we can find some common ground in holding these sad excuses for human beings in contempt?

I won't tolerate that generalisation. Be specific please?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KJ44 wrote: »
    Condescending rhetoric. Is this what DS:GD is reduced to?

I'm an atheist. I'm not a stereotype. You might have an afterlife, I'm stuck on one planet with 7 billion people who have conflicting religions.

Play nice.

Did you read the posts I was replying to? I read yours above which sound to me like the atheists I know in real life, not like those I was replying to. Well I am generalising there because it was two in particular. I do play nice at times.
    Forum Member
    I won't tolerate that generalisation. Be specific please?

I was reffering to the fanatics cited in the OP. You can add anyone who wants to kill over questions of belief or non-belief. Is that specific enough?
    Forum Member
    I was reffering to the fanatics cited in the OP. You can add anyone who wants to kill over questions of belief or non-belief. Is that specific enough?

Dehumanising people is a slippery slope. I'm doing due diligence.
    Forum Member
    Dehumanising people is a slippery slope. I'm doing due diligence.

These people would kill me if they could. They have done a good job of dehumanising themselves without my help.
  • Stuart_hStuart_h Posts: 5,311
    Forum Member
    Evo102 wrote: »
    Closer to home, I am yet to have an atheist knock on my door and try and sell me their way of thinking.

No but there are some out there who think its worth them spending their money shoving their belief in non-belief (:confused:) down other peoples throats .....

Atheists forcing their beliefs on others .....

Hypocritical much ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stuart_h wrote: »
    No but there are some out there who think its worth them spending their money shoving their belief in non-belief (:confused:) down other peoples throats .....

Atheists forcing their beliefs on others .....

Hypocritical much ?

To be fair that was in response to a ghastly Christian threatening hell campaign, appearing on the side of buses first.
    Forum Member
    These people would kill me if they could. They have done a good job of dehumanising themselves without my help.

No. You've dehumanised them.

Stuff it, I'll go for broke. In 1940, all Germans were Nazis, right?

Kill 'em if you must, but, like it or not, they're of our species, and. to paraphrase, there but for the grace of God go we.
  • ishinaishina Posts: 4,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Okay.
    Forum Member
    To be fair that was in response to a ghastly Christian threatening hell campaign, appearing on the side of buses first.

Oh i wasnt defending either side I was just responding to the notion that its only religious individuals who try and force their beliefs on others :D

Regardless of what your own personal beliefs are i think its a shame to try and remove the belief that others might have.

Religions get an awful lot of bad press but on the other hand ....

Christian Aid

Islamic Aid
  • PerpetualAscentPerpetualAscent Posts: 484
    Forum Member
    Voynich wrote: »
    You were being sarcastic? It's difficult to tell online at times!

No.

<filler>
    Forum Member
    Hypocritical much ?

The quotes around \"peaceful and upbeat\" speak volumes.

It was upbeat - it wasn't peaceful, in the sense of peace being lack of disagreement.

I'd paraphrase it thus: "Leave us the f-ck alone, stop being so big-headed".
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's an angry mob calling for the blood of atheists. They've dehumanised themselves. Sub-human animals, not quite fully evolved into humans.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh i wasnt defending either side I was just responding to the notion that its only religious individuals who try and force their beliefs on others :D

Regardless of what your own personal beliefs are i think its a shame to try and remove the belief that others might have.

Christian Aid

Agreed.:)
    Forum Member

Stuff it, I'll go for broke. In 1940, all Germans were Nazis, right?

Kill 'em if you must, but, like it or not, they're of our species, and. to paraphrase, there but for the grace of God go we.

Nonsense and a Godwin. I hold them in contempt I don't regard them as sub-human and I am not generalising about any nationality so what is your point?
    Forum Member

Christian Aid

Islamic Aid

Purely as an atheist, I don't care, but that's academic. As an atheist who is pragmatic, these are examples of religions doing the right thing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    [/URL]
    A poster saying "There's probably no god. Stop worrying and enjoy life." is hardly an example of 'forcing belief on others'. Chill out.
    Forum Member
    Nonsense and a Godwin. I hold them in contempt I don't regard them as sub-human.

Of course it's a bloody Godwin! G isn't the ne plus ultra of rhetoric.

Sure, wriggle if you want, but "sad excuse" ?

Richard, you're truly a wonderful advocate for atheism on DS, but those of us who need a few beers before we shout need to be heard, OK?
    Forum Member
    Purely as an atheist, I don't care, but that's academic. As an atheist who is pragmatic, these are examples of religions doing the right thing.

I wouldnt say im religious myself but Im not going to try and persuade someone who is, and who uses that belief to live their life well and help others, that their own personal beliefs are wrong.

Thats just rude IMHO.

If you believe in stuff then fine.
    If you dont believe in stuff then fine too.

But for either side to try and convince me that they know better than the other side is pretty pointless and dull :rolleyes:

for atheists to pick on the bad things in religion and claim that 'you wouldnt see an atheist doing that!' is a little one sided .....
    Forum Member
    Of course it's a bloody Godwin! G isn't the ne plus ultra of rhetoric.

Sure, wriggle if you want, but "sad excuse" ?

Richard, you're truly a wonderful advocate for atheism on DS, but those of us who need a few beers before we shout need to be heard, OK?

I will withdraw 'sad excuse' if you are taking it seriously as an attempt to de-humanise and will offer ignorant as a substitute.

Do you have an objection to that.

What was that reference to Germans provoked by anyway?