Price drop tv/ bid tv gone into administration

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 44
Forum Member
Personally never used them but I have just seen that the company behind BidTV and Price-drop-TV have ceased trading.

Not sure if anyone on here uses them but thought I would post to let people know if they did.

Comments

• mikebukmikebuk Posts: 18,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ah I'd noticed the channels was off the freeview EPG and Sky channels calimed 'technical problems'. Bought a few things off them, shame really.
  • MONIFIETHBOYMONIFIETHBOY Posts: 786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A bug bear of mine was their insinuation that these sale programmes were a form of auction.
  • chinchinchinchin Posts: 125,669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    Stev35555 wrote: »
    Personally never used them but I have just seen that the company behind BidTV and Price-drop-TV have ceased trading.

Not sure if anyone on here uses them but thought I would post to let people know if they did.
    I used them maybe 8-10 times last was 2009,But Big problem they had was postage was way too high, for a small item like 7.95 plus the call plus the pruduct , are you really getting a Bargain? Makes you wonder what happened to all the stock?
  • GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not surprised. They charge £7.99 for P&P and £1.54 for the call!
  • FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member
    Not surprised. They charge £7.99 for P&P and £1.54 for the call!

I noticed that for a long time they'd just mention the price of the product.. If it was, say, 9.99, they'd say it just costs a tenner. All you pay is a tenner. (while in my head I'm adding to the actual price the near tenner it costs on top for everything else)

But leading up to when they disappeared, they started mentioning the postage and the cost of the call.
    Funny how it DID disappear not long after they started mentioning the whole price of the product! As if a lot of their customers finally realised and stopped buying!
  • GroutyGrouty Posts: 33,943
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Missing the hotties they had on there :(

:D
  • Sweaty Job RotSweaty Job Rot Posts: 2,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Grouty wrote: »

Now plying their trade at a Red Light Area near you. :D
  • chinchinchinchin Posts: 125,669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Never mind that, when is Peter Simon back on Ideal World again?
  • barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You mean to say that some people actually watched those channels and what's more, bought things off them? :o
  • matchmakermatchmaker Posts: 1,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used them maybe 8-10 times last was 2009,But Big problem they had was postage was way too high, for a small item like 7.95 plus the call plus the pruduct , are you really getting a Bargain? Makes you wonder what happened to all the stock?

Impressive lurking!
  • boksboxboksbox Posts: 4,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Marina Berry has just started on The Jewellery Channel
  • Smiley433Smiley433 Posts: 7,854
    Forum Member
    Was flicking through the channels today and noticed a couple of shopping channels displaying the prices in a panel on screen with the following: "Plus £2.95 P&P per day" - what's that supposed to mean?

You order your item and they hold it for two days before dispatch and charge you £2.95 postage and packing each day? Or is 1st class post which should take one working day cost less than 2nd class post which should take two days?
  • WhyIsTVSoAwfulWhyIsTVSoAwful Posts: 608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Smiley433 wrote: »
    Was flicking through the channels today and noticed a couple of shopping channels displaying the prices in a panel on screen with the following: "Plus £2.95 P&P per day" - what's that supposed to mean?

You order your item and they hold it for two days before dispatch and charge you £2.95 postage and packing each day? Or is 1st class post which should take one working day cost less than 2nd class post which should take two days?

What?! I'd imagine that means 'per day' from you ordering to when it gets to you. If so, then that's crazy. And you can be sure you'd be lucky to get the thing within 7 days...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    boksbox wrote: »
    Marina Berry has just started on The Jewellery Channel

Thanks, will have to watch :D
  • boksboxboksbox Posts: 4,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks, will have to watch :D

6am til 10 am tomorrow
  • robbrarobbra Posts: 524
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It probably means however many items you order that day, they will only charge one p+p for the whole order.
  • sycamoresycamore Posts: 4,213
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    robbra wrote: »
    It probably means however many items you order that day, they will only charge one p+p for the whole order.

This, it's a single P&P no matter how much you order that day. Quite effective in getting you to buy more than you meant to :blush:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Steve Macdonald must be working for Dyson, as hes on QVC now, demonstrating them to the presenter :D
  • NaturalDancerNaturalDancer Posts: 5,128
    Forum Member

I would imagine it means if you place more than one order on any particular day you only pay the one postage cost of £2.95 for the day.

Edited: I see this has already been answered :)