Need For Speed Most Wanted - thread

Comments

• lawrenma2lawrenma2 Posts: 4,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Faily good game, but really tough compared to the other NFS games. Only played it twice since Christmas. What I hate is that yo have to drive to various races, rather than them taking you there automatically.

If anyone would like to add me, it's martin_l2

Cheers :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lawrenma2 wrote: »
    Faily good game, but really tough compared to the other NFS games. Only played it twice since Christmas. What I hate is that yo have to drive to various races, rather than them taking you there automatically.

If anyone would like to add me, it's martin_l2

Cheers :)

If you have found lots of jack points then the might be a jack point close by. I always found it easier to jump to a jack point that you had, saves a bit of time from driving around ;)
  • claymore74claymore74 Posts: 1,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Finally picked this up after being a bit worried about the open world aspect - I liked NFS:HP, but did not get on with Burnout Paradise as I found it pretty aimless.

Had a short stint last night - really enjoyed it, although a couple of things spoil it for me a bit - no bonnet cam being the main one. I don't like driving 3rd person, so it's the bumper cam for me, and it just feels too low - if cars in front knock bins etc in front of you they take up a good %age of the screen and make it that much harder to see where you're going. I knew it was like this before I bought it though, i'm just going to have to get used to it, but seriously, would it have been that hard to add?

My main other gripe is this - why couldn't they put arrows on the road at junctions when you're in a race? Some checkpoints are a bit vague, and I lost count of the number of times I had to restart because I missed a turn. I find this means I'm constantly checking the map rather than looking at the road, which has led to many crashes, usually resulting in a loss.

The sense of speed however, is pretty awesome - hit 200mph and the scenery flies by.

And I love Easydrive - it means you can always set an objective and know where to go, so it means the open world isn't as aimless as I found BP.

All in all, a pretty good game, which I'm glad I picked up in spite of the niggles.

I could do with some more times to try and beat, so please feel free to add me - PSN Claymore-74.
  • Duncan_StylesDuncan_Styles Posts: 431
    Forum Member
    Some races do have large hovering green arrows to show you the route, others use police road blocks to indicate you need to turn off, though if you don't glance at the map it can sometimes be hard to spot where you are supposed to go. Once you have raced the route a few times you get used to it and it will be easier next time.

My biggest gripe with it is that its easy to win pretty much any race by taking down each car as you get to it, your boost fills up to allow you to get to the next one and so on. Overall, a great game though but its not quite Burnout Paradise 2.
  • gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have added you Claymore, though plenty have better times than me.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some races do have large hovering green arrows to show you the route, others use police road blocks to indicate you need to turn off, though if you don't glance at the map it can sometimes be hard to spot where you are supposed to go. Once you have raced the route a few times you get used to it and it will be easier next time.

My biggest gripe with it is that its easy to win pretty much any race by taking down each car as you get to it, your boost fills up to allow you to get to the next one and so on. Overall, a great game though but its not quite Burnout Paradise 2.

Yeah, I noticed a few of the arrows last night - I guess imo they could just use a few more of them. It's just a pain that in some cases you've got to try a race to see the route, then do it again once you know. (though having said that, I usually need a few attempts to win anyway!)
    gillyallan wrote: »
    Have added you Claymore, though plenty have better times than me.

Cheers Gilly, I added you last night. Saw you were on COD - thought you were a BF3 player - have you switched or do you play both?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    claymore74 wrote: »
    Finally picked this up after being a bit worried about the open world aspect - I liked NFS:HP, but did not get on with Burnout Paradise as I found it pretty aimless.

Had a short stint last night - really enjoyed it, although a couple of things spoil it for me a bit - no bonnet cam being the main one. I don't like driving 3rd person, so it's the bumper cam for me, and it just feels too low - if cars in front knock bins etc in front of you they take up a good %age of the screen and make it that much harder to see where you're going. I knew it was like this before I bought it though, i'm just going to have to get used to it, but seriously, would it have been that hard to add?

My main other gripe is this - why couldn't they put arrows on the road at junctions when you're in a race? Some checkpoints are a bit vague, and I lost count of the number of times I had to restart because I missed a turn. I find this means I'm constantly checking the map rather than looking at the road, which has led to many crashes, usually resulting in a loss.

The sense of speed however, is pretty awesome - hit 200mph and the scenery flies by.

And I love Easydrive - it means you can always set an objective and know where to go, so it means the open world isn't as aimless as I found BP.

All in all, a pretty good game, which I'm glad I picked up in spite of the niggles.

I could do with some more times to try and beat, so please feel free to add me - PSN Claymore-74.

i found the bonnet cam handy when i was using my wheel, seemed to have more sense of where you were on the road, and yea to tally agree on the arrows on the road part. at least on Burnout Paradise the road names would "Blink" as if you were indicating that directiion, most of the times say on a highway slip road you'd miss the exit as ot was clear eough
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cheers Gilly, I added you last night. Saw you were on COD - thought you were a BF3 player - have you switched or do you play both?

Just now playing NFS: MW, MW3 and Far cry 3, but hope to get back to BF3 sometime too
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully just a temp glitch for me in conjunction with the PSN maintenance, but I couldnt get autolog to connect this afternoon. Kept telling me I had to sign into PSN even though I was.

However 20 mins later my son is fine on his account, so here's hoping.

Finally shut down the lexus i was after, police with their spikes were doing my head in.

EDIT: See they are tweeting that PSN is still under maintenance so guess that is why
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Since I couldnt get on to autolog I just hunted out a few more cars and another most wanted. Went for the Mclaren. That was so stupid. It kept going the wrong way and I managed to win despite driving half the route with no tyres.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Since I couldnt get on to autolog I just hunted out a few more cars and another most wanted. Went for the Mclaren. That was so stupid. It kept going the wrong way and I managed to win despite driving half the route with no tyres.

That's weird - I was getting autolog recommendations fine at the same time you were on.

Really loving the game now - I like the fact that you can structure what you're doing by doing event after event (kind of like how NFS:HP was), but then you can take a break and just roam around looking for cars, billboards, gates etc. I think it's a really good mix between HP & BP. (I know there was free drive in HP but I never did it as I didn't see the point)

Had a couple of funny moments last night too - saw a cop car jump out in front of me miles into the sky and wreck out, and then another time I was sitting at an event just about to start it and got 'taken down' by a most wanted car that I'd previously beaten but not shut down - it took me totally by surprise.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yeah was weird as my son on the same PS3 could use autolog on his account. Tried umpteen times but just wouldnt connect. I hope it still syncs everything I did do though
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12
    Forum Member

Unless it's the last junction you need to make a turn at before the finish line, I find that you can make a mistake and still catch up with the front runners. The cars never seem to be that far ahead unless you've crashed three or four times.

My main gripe is that the cops in this game aren't nearly as aggressive as they were in the old Hot Pursuit/Most Wanted games. In the past you would have had the cops trying to ram you onto a barrier to slow and stop you, in this version they just follow behind you doing very little. I don't think I've had one race which was affected by the cops pursuing me. It's a shame because there's no real fear element when the cops are chasing you, you don't feel like they're going to impact on your race.

If anyone wants to add another racing fan to their friends list, my psn is Supernatural_02. I'd love to have some more autolog times to beat :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will try to remember if I get on later Supernatural
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unless it's the last junction you need to make a turn at before the finish line, I find that you can make a mistake and still catch up with the front runners. The cars never seem to be that far ahead unless you've crashed three or four times.

My main gripe is that the cops in this game aren't nearly as aggressive as they were in the old Hot Pursuit/Most Wanted games. In the past you would have had the cops trying to ram you onto a barrier to slow and stop you, in this version they just follow behind you doing very little. I don't think I've had one race which was affected by the cops pursuing me. It's a shame because there's no real fear element when the cops are chasing you, you don't feel like they're going to impact on your race.

If anyone wants to add another racing fan to their friends list, my psn is Supernatural_02. I'd love to have some more autolog times to beat :)

lol - I must be slower than you, as I've had the cops affect me on numerous occassions, (usually resulting in a string of expletives shouted at the tv), and feel that the other racers are more aggressive than they were in nfs:hp too.

Will add you later.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 187
    Forum Member
    I'm currently trying to get the platinum on this, so please add me - mrobbo - as I've noticed that I need to take down a friend whilst online to achieve one of the trophies!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mrobbo wrote: »
    I'm currently trying to get the platinum on this, so please add me - mrobbo - as I've noticed that I need to take down a friend whilst online to achieve one of the trophies!

me too - I'm usually not too bothered by trophies, but I fancy getting the platinum for this to go along with my nfs:hp one. (which is 1 of my only 2 plats)

will add you later.
  • HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^^ You will want to get the "Mix Master" trophy with a friend while your getting the "Nothing Personal" trophy. Everything else is pretty easy to get solo.

Also worth pointing out that for the "Second is Nothing" trophy you don't actually have to win every race in every car, you just need to win every event. So something like the Needlepoint event which allow you to race with either the Koenigsegg or Bugatti only has to be won in one car.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12
    Forum Member
    lol - I must be slower than you, as I've had the cops affect me on numerous occassions, (usually resulting in a string of expletives shouted at the tv), and feel that the other racers are more aggressive than they were in nfs:hp too.

Will add you later.

I've never found the other racers to be aggressive at all, nothing that sticks in my mind. At least not compared to playing online where you'll get people more interested in ramming you off the road instead of focussing on winning.

I've changed my mind over my main gripe with the game, it's got to be the multiplayer. All the damn messages popping up on the screen at the end of every event, and the terrible respawn system. What were they thinking when they designed the multiplayer, at times it's awful. The single player stuff is great, but I'm not a fan of the multiplayer. Probably more enjoyable with friends.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Multiplayers nothing compared to BP unfortunately, has its moments but its more focused to the races, the stunty ones are poop, that said easy enough platinum provided you get someone to coop the online trophies
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hotbird wrote: »
    ^^Also worth pointing out that for the "Second is Nothing" trophy you don't actually have to win every race in every car, you just need to win every event. So something like the Needlepoint event which allow you to race with either the Koenigsegg or Bugatti only has to be won in one car.

Thanks for posting this hotbird, I thought that one would take a while - at 5 events per car, I was thinking it was about 250 races or so, so I'd been systematically going through the cars getting all the golds - now I can just jump from one class to another, rather than from car to car.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for posting this hotbird, I thought that one would take a while - at 5 events per car, I was thinking it was about 250 races or so, so I'd been systematically going through the cars getting all the golds - now I can just jump from one class to another, rather than from car to car.

Me too! I have spent rather too many hours doing unnecessary races, but I have enjoyed it (when not throwing the controller at the wall) so nothing lost!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bloomin heck claymore almost my whole autolog consisted of claymore beat you. Managed to pull a few of them back now though after multiple attempts.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bloomin heck claymore almost my whole autolog consisted of claymore beat you. Managed to pull a few of them back now though after multiple attempts.

Nothing personal - it's probably just because I'd been doing a lot of events. If it's any consolation, you're were on plenty of mine too.

I took a break yesterday and just roamed about looking for gates, billboards and jackspots, though I might just have to re-do a few races depending on autolog tells me ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lol claymore. Its pretty addictive due due to the autolog. I think I'll aim for a few most wanted cars next. I find it strange how u complete this game without really realising. I mean im about 49% without actually aiming to do that