Samsung LED TVs Difference

I'm thinking of purchasing either Samsung UE40F6510 or UE40F6740 or UE40F6500 or UE40F6800.

They all look remarkably the same and for a similar price.

Hopefully one of you good people will be able to advise me.

:confused:

Comments

• ixHellstormxixHellstormx Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    andymcv wrote: »
    I'm thinking of purchasing either Samsung UE40F6510 or UE40F6740 or UE40F6500 or UE40F6800.

They all look remarkably the same and for a similar price.

Hopefully one of you good people will be able to advise me.

:confused:

Can't see a difference between those models tbh. All have Freeview/Freesat HD tuners, voice control and the like. These are the models that John Lewis have.

http://www.johnlewis.com/electricals/televisions/all-tvs/smart+tv+-+internet+enabled=features-3038/samsung=brand/40=screensizestv-alltvs-1781/c800005013
  • andymcvandymcv Posts: 402
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the reply.

I was looking before and they had 37 inch Samsungs but these seem to have disappeared.
  • steveOooosteveOooo Posts: 5,002
    Forum Member
    37" seems to be less popular nowadays - replaced with 42/40" models - I was going for a 37" to replace my 32" Sony 2008 cheap basic v model, maybe getting a second hand 37/40" from 2009 ish - but much less time wasting and hassle buying new - so bought the Samsung UE40F6800 40-inch Widescreen 1080p Full HD 3D Smart TV - looks pretty 'smart'

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00BP5F8CY/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1634&creative=19450&creativeASIN=B00BP5F8CY&linkCode=as2&tag=mysp085-21

I measured up and my viewing distance is 72" and so 40" will be a out right - 42" I found just a bit too big... Thx, smpte said min size was 49-55"/max 60" !!!! - have they seen ideal world bit-rates?

Measure your viewing distance, x1.5 then wack this number in a online calculator - this - http://www.hdhes.com/tv/hdtvviewdistance.aspx#
  • fosteritefosterite Posts: 99
    Forum Member
    I have purchased a Samsung ue40 F7000 Led Back lit LCD TV this week. (It actually has edge lighting) If your budget extends to a £1098.00 I would advise taking a look at that. The Picture is superb and the Smart TV functions work well. The 3D is quite good also. Take a look.
  • OracleGodOracleGod Posts: 122
    Forum Member
    I've got the same problem choosing between models.
    In 55inch, Samsung list 11 models!!
    Dunno if I've got this right, but 6 series models are edge lit, 7 series might be zoned, and series 8 might be zoned as well, but have more of them.
    Rest of it seems to be quad or dual core, and tiny differences, but it's not clear what they are.

One other thing, with there being so many models, stores don't generally have the model you may want to view, so how do you choose? Buying blind seems to be the modern way to do things.
    Personally I'm trying to find out as much as possible about the SAMSUNG UE55F6800 as it's availble at a good price. But I would like to view it to check out if 'blooming' is a problem for me. That seems impossible to do.
  • GroutyGrouty Posts: 33,944
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't think there will be many differences tbh, as ive got the Samsung UE40ES6710, and the only differences between that and the 6800 (i think), is the colour (6710 is white, 6800 is black), and the processor.
  • Nigel GoodwinNigel Goodwin Posts: 58,330
    Forum Member
    Just to make it even more difficult, Samsung (amongst others) produce different model numbers for specific retailers (such as Currys) - simply so you can't price compare with elsewhere. The sets are often identical to an existing model, just the model number is changed.
  • steveOooosteveOooo Posts: 5,002
    Forum Member
    Is there a no frills model like the SAMSUNG UE40ES7000 / f7000 that hasn't got the smart / 3d bells and whistles - just a the same high end picture with 2-4 hdmi inputs (that's all I'm after - I have all the smart stuff already and 3d doesn't work v well on my lazy eye etc)
  • fosteritefosterite Posts: 99
    Forum Member
    I have a feeling that that sort of picture quality will only be found on high end Led TV's. They are prob all going to have the bells and whistles. However you needs to ask around and get some expert advice. The difference between pq may be very minimal on a lower spec Samsung model.