The "The last gig i went to was" thread

Cpl_CarrottCpl_Carrott Posts: 479
Forum Member
June 4th 2012 Arsenal Emirates stadium

Coldplay - supported by Robyn , Rita Ora

Robyn - What a nutcase!, wore her hair in a bob except for sideburns area which were 2ft long, danced around Tasmanian devil on speed and her singing was pretty much atrocious.

Rita Ora - Pretty good to be honest, looked pretty damn hot too

Coldplay - Well it's the 4th time I've seen them live and they were as good then, as they were when i first saw them in 2003, the wristbands which light up and flash in time to the music were also amazing and watching 10's of thousand of them flashing in unison was absolutely amazing. can't wait for the next time!

Comments

• Eric_BlobEric_Blob Posts: 7,756
    Forum Member
    I never been to a proper gig before. :( But I saw Professor Green in a club in the weekend. It was amazing, he's such a good performer, and he has the best club tunes. He performed all his singles (except Never Be a Right Time, it's the only song not appropriate for a club really), and he also performed some of his album tracks like Oh My God and At Your Inconvenience which I love. Although I was also hoping he'd perform songs like DPMO and Top of the World, since those are amazing. He was really amazing. Just Be Good the Green, Avalon, Jungle, Monster, Remedy and At Your Inconvenience sounded amazing. :)
  • Miss ListerMiss Lister Posts: 289
    Forum Member
    Reading festival, if that counts? We were guests of a band so saw a lot of acts from the side of the NME stage including The Courteeners, Maccabees, passion pit and best of all The Hives who ROCKED!!
  • BadKid95BadKid95 Posts: 7,137
    Forum Member
    Azealia Banks at 02 Academy Liverpool on 2nd October 2012, it was good, fairly short, but tickets weren't that expensive so it was value for money I guess. Her support was Zebra Katz and he too was good, great night on the whole and would do it again. I'm going back for Ellie Goulding on 8th December :D
  • So 3008So 3008 Posts: 2,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kelly Clarkson - Stronger Tour.

The show was fantastic, and her vocals as you would expect were amazing with her cover We Are Young being a personal highlight.

Next up is Paloma Faith in January.
  • CoenCoen Posts: 5,711
    Forum Member
    Ben Gibbard, San Francisco Palace of Fine Arts - 13 November.
  • Madonna38Madonna38 Posts: 2,078
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tori Amos 3rd October at the Royal Albert Hall. She was magical.
  • eugenespeedeugenespeed Posts: 66,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Frank Turner and the Sleeping Souls with support from Jim Lockey and The Solemn Sun and Tim Barry, Sunday just gone at the O2 Academy, Newcastle.

Turner is a great singer songwriter.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 72
    Forum Member
    Rihanna- 1st December at the O2

She was good but I would have enjoyed it more if she had arrived on time. Doors opened at half 7, she arrived on stage at 10 :( There was a lot of booing when she came on
  • sionnaighsionnaigh Posts: 1,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    10 September - Nottingham - NGHFB
    (also saw him on 6 September in Liverpool and 13 February in Manchester)
  • BertCleeverhookBertCleeverhook Posts: 389
    Forum Member
    October 25th - Manchester - Academy 2
    Mindless Self Indulgence supported by Taking Hayley and The Dead Betas
  • Apollo CreedApollo Creed Posts: 998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tame Impala at The Leadmill in Sheffield. I'm way cooler than all you lot ;)
  • CroctacusCroctacus Posts: 18,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Muse The O2 26th October 2012
  • andys cornerandys corner Posts: 1,664
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    June 4th 2012 Arsenal Emirates stadium

Coldplay - supported by Robyn , Rita Ora

Robyn - What a nutcase!, wore her hair in a bob except for sideburns area which were 2ft long, danced around Tasmanian devil on speed and her singing was pretty much atrocious.

Rita Ora - Pretty good to be honest, looked pretty damn hot too

Coldplay - Well it's the 4th time I've seen them live and they were as good then, as they were when i first saw them in 2003, the wristbands which light up and flash in time to the music were also amazing and watching 10's of thousand of them flashing in unison was absolutely amazing. can't wait for the next time!
    I can imagine Robyn being a bit bonkers to be honest, she alternates between being hot and being insane. Edging towards insane with a few good tunes.

My last gig was the killers at the Manchester arena (got cancelled 5 songs in) rescheduled for February. Before that maximo park Manchester academy, the subways Manchester academy, Paul smith Manchester deaf institute, melt festival Germany 2011
  • player1player1 Posts: 2,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ian Hunter at the ABC2 Glasgow. I never did get to see Mott the Hoople so this was the next best ting, Hunter is in his 70's but still rocks and he had a tight band behind him, and a new album of strong material to draw on. The highlight was his Mick Ronson tribute - Michael Picasso and a medley of new song "Life" with old Mott classic "Saturday Gigs"
  • Kiko H FanKiko H Fan Posts: 6,546
    Forum Member
    Status Quo, Singleton Park, Swansea, end of August.
    Missed most of the bands, but got there in time to see Martin Turners Wishbone Ash.
    Both Ash and Quo were excellent and it didn't rain.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jennifer Lopez at the O2 Arena, with Stooshe as the support act. 22nd October 2012

Was great to finally see Jlo after years of waiting and it was good to see her perform majority of her hits :)

Stooshe I wasn't too keen before I went, but now I can't wait for the album.

Would see them both again.
  • Glawster2002Glawster2002 Posts: 15,189
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Motorhead & Anthrax last Sunday, 18th November in Bristol.

Next gig is Doro in Bristol tomorrow night and then Marilyn Manson & Rob Zombie in Birmingham next Thursday, 29th!! :D
  • DaisyBumblerootDaisyBumbleroot Posts: 24,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Steel Panther at Rock City in Nottingham on 5th Nov. Its the 5th time ive seen them and Id say this was the best. I love a good entertaining band and a good crowd and it certainly was that night

Next up - Marylin Manson & Rob Zombie at NIA on 29th. Not arsed about MM as the last time I saw him he was a disgrace though I really like the new album, but really looking forward to seeing Mr Zombie again!!
    Motorhead & Anthrax last Sunday, 18th November in Bristol.

Next gig is Doro in Bristol tomorrow night and then Marilyn Manson & Rob Zombie in Birmingham next Thursday, 29th!! :D

Just saw your post! See you there hahaha :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    saw Ed Sheeran last year - hoping to see the Killers next year
  • Glawster2002Glawster2002 Posts: 15,189
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Steel Panther at Rock City in Nottingham on 5th Nov. Its the 5th time ive seen them and Id say this was the best. I love a good entertaining band and a good crowd and it certainly was that night

Next up - Marylin Manson & Rob Zombie at NIA on 29th. Not arsed about MM as the last time I saw him he was a disgrace though I really like the new album, but really looking forward to seeing Mr Zombie again!!

Just saw your post! See you there hahaha :D

Not seen MM before so it'll be something new!! Saw Rob Zombie @ Birmingham Academy last year and very, very, impressed. Puts on a really good show!
  • SarahBearSarahBear Posts: 35
    Forum Member
    We are Augustines with Kodaline as support at Newcastle O2 5th October
  • shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kelly Clarkson at Wembley Arena. Cover Drive were the support act.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've been to a lot of gigs since moving to London in September:

1XTRA LIVE: Kendrick Lamar, Trey Songz, Tulisa, Angel + WizKid

02 Think Big Tour: Rita Ora supported by Kyra

I have also seen both Rihanna and Taylor Swift this month when they turned on Christmas lights and performance (Taylor at Westfield Shepherd's Bush and Rihanna at Westfield Stratford City)

And I am going to watch Daley tonight :)
  • gav016gav016 Posts: 5,836
    Forum Member
    The Killers at the AECC in Aberdeen, on 27 October, with Tegan and Sara supporting. Such a good gig :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 33
    Forum Member
    Ed Sheeran at the Apollo :)