movie 43

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,152
Forum Member
Any planning on going to see this, i'm going to watch it tomorrow, been no previews for critics so god knows what it will be like but half of hollywood is in it

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member
    Any planning on going to see this, i'm going to watch it tomorrow, been no previews for critics so god knows what it will be like but half of hollywood is in it

If there have been no previews for critics and it has a fairly mainstream distributor (which movie 43 does), it's probably shit...

Here's an over the top sensationalist article from Murdoch's New York Post to prove my point http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/the_ungodly_gross_out_epic_wood_mfCWrFl3qus9d0e1CRNWZN
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    I read up on it and it seems to be a clip movie. Ok, slightly harsh but it is a collection of scenes.

I'm surprised they came out with a trailer for it seeing as it all seems disconnected.

If you want a collection of scenes then watch Amazon Women on the Moon ;):p
  • PunksNotDeadPunksNotDead Posts: 21,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Stephen_SimpsonStephen_Simpson Posts: 756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm seeing this tommorow. Even if this is the worst film I've ever seen, I have to see this film. I just need too. I have the feeling this will be the next Room or Plan 9. An opportunity cannot go to waste.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Plan 9.

hey dont knock Plan 9, sure it was bad at the time but theres plenty of films worse than that knocking about now.
  • fizzle90fizzle90 Posts: 6,467
    Forum Member
    Saw it tonight. Awful, absolutely embarrassing. It really was one of, if not the worst film I have ever seen.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,174
    Forum Member
    Any film with a cast like that, which comes out of absolutely nowhere to the cinema and with no promotion whatsoever save for one ad shown just before, is a must see. I expect it will be spectacularly awful, and for this reason I will watch it. But only when it's out on DVD, not wasting good cinema ticket money on it :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 121
    Forum Member
    I saw it on Sunday. I hated it, but practically everyone else in the audience seemed to really like it, including my mate (who was laughing his arse off at pretty much all the jokes). If you haven't seen it yet - don't.
  • InkblotInkblot Posts: 26,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Someone has gone to the trouble of describing the whole film in detail on imdb: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1333125/board/thread/210071779

It sounds like there could be a handful of laughs in the film but going by the other comments on imdb you need to be high to enjoy it. I prefer to have a curry before going to the cinema so it's not going to work for me.
  • GoodLuckCharmGoodLuckCharm Posts: 200
    Forum Member
    Saw it on Saturday - some scenes were funny, others just disgusting!

Looked brilliant from trailers but sadly disappointing! :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 33
    Forum Member
    Awful. Embarrassingly awful. none of the stars are doing any press for it....thats how bad!
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Think of the worst film you've ever seen. Start digging underneath that until you get to the 7th layer of hell. Find a chair made of razorblades and spikes and sit down. To make sure you don't move, tie yourself down with barbed wire and then get someone to hammer rusty nails into your eyes.

Then, get them to pour red hot chilli sauce over your genitals.

That experience would be slightly more enjoyable than this film...

However ..

I counted four parts that made me laugh. The first one being the sketch about the children inside the machines. I thought that was really quite clever and did laugh.

The second being at the end of the sketch with Seann William Scott and (a very, very haggard looking) Johnny Knoxville. When they went into the room with the fairy and she said "I suck dick for gold coins", I laughed at that - obviously after seeing the giant cauldron of gold coins in the previous scene :)

The third being the sketch about the basketball team. Cliched, yes, but actually did wear me down in the end and I did find myself laughing.

The last part was the outtake of the Scott/Knoxville sketch where the fairy said her line and Johnny Knoxville said "So do I" :)

That was it. The rest of it was just horrible. I nearly walked out during the period sketch. Don't really know why I stayed.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm gonna see it tomorrow, I have a Cineworld card so I'm not losing much to see it. I'm getting the feeling I won't like it though...

Anyone know anything about the apparent differences in the US version?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    natstally wrote: »
    Anyone know anything about the apparent differences in the US version?

Apparently, the US version is Dennis Quaid pitching ideas for films to a studio executive, and as he pitches each idea, we get to see it played out.

The UK version is two stoner kids who try to play a joke on the brother of one of them by telling him about a "banned" movie called "Movie 43", and while he's searching for it online, he finds a number of different films it could be and we see those.

Quite a marked difference I suppose - wonder why they did that?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apparently, the US version is Dennis Quaid pitching ideas for films to a studio executive, and as he pitches each idea, we get to see it played out.

The UK version is two stoner kids who try to play a joke on the brother of one of them by telling him about a "banned" movie called "Movie 43", and while he's searching for it online, he finds a number of different films it could be and we see those.

Quite a marked difference I suppose - wonder why they did that?

Hmm, the US one sounds better to me.

Very strange to have a totally different way to frame a movie in different countries. it's bad enough when we get renamed versions and shoddy DVD extras over here!
  • cliffy91cliffy91 Posts: 1,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Roger Ebert gave it zero stars
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cliffy91 wrote: »
    Roger Ebert gave it zero stars

That's being generous ..
  • Johnny ClayJohnny Clay Posts: 5,315
    Forum Member
    Been a while since we've seen a critical thrashing like this - a pathetic 4% on RT.

"The Citizen Kane of awful." - Richard Roeper
  • Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    just saw this .

it's really bad . ..... I mean truly abysmal ! how / why are so many talented people involved in this ? Just .... :eek:!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member
    Been a while since we've seen a critical thrashing like this - a pathetic 4% on RT.

"The Citizen Kane of awful." - Richard Roeper

Keith Lemon: The Film has an epic 0% http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/keith_lemon_the_film/
  • ben8936ben8936 Posts: 318
    Forum Member

It Is Supossed To Be One Of The Worst Movies Ever Due To Wikepidia And The Critics
    On Rotten Tomatoes Its Rated 4/100
    So I Wouldn't Go To It If I Were You
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    LOL Hugh Jackman's balls.

And did anyone else find Naomi Watt's seducing her 'son' a turn on?
  • ScottishWoodyScottishWoody Posts: 23,220
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watched this on sky box office.

It is what it is. The plot itself made no sense (the US version sounds like it would have) BUT if you're after 80 minutes of immature fits and giggles watching some Hollywood A-listers not taking themselves so seriously, then it's not bad!

Make sure you watch after the outtakes, there's another sketch with a cat which is quite funny.