Smash S2 on Sky Atlantic

L_BeeL_Bee Posts: 76
Forum Member
I know it starts tonight on NBC but haven't seen Sky announce anything, was hoping they would air it in the same week but seems they don't treat it in the same esteem as GOT and Following?

Comments

• MissyQMissyQ Posts: 317
    Forum Member
    I just read in the article on Digital Spy that it is returning here in July. Would rather there be a long gap at the beginning so we do not have the "mid-season" break which the US do.
  • L_BeeL_Bee Posts: 76
    Forum Member
    But Smash is ruining non stop in America until May now so they can't use that as an excuse.
  • SquiggleSquiggle Posts: 2,547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MissyQ wrote: »
    I just read in the article on Digital Spy that it is returning here in July. Would rather there be a long gap at the beginning so we do not have the "mid-season" break which the US do.

It's a mid-season series; therefore, unless there is something that comes up, there will be no interruptions. There are only 15 episodes in the series.

As for the two episode premiere last night, the ratings were not very good. Here's hoping that those ratings pick up as the series continues.
  • SquiggleSquiggle Posts: 2,547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    L_Bee wrote: »
    But Smash is ruining non stop in America until May now so they can't use that as an excuse.

Ruining? Freudian slip perhaps? :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member
    L_Bee wrote: »
    I know it starts tonight on NBC but haven't seen Sky announce anything, was hoping they would air it in the same week but seems they don't treat it in the same esteem as GOT and Following?

GOT gets very good ratings for Atlantic (as did Girls, which why they went 1 day after the US for season 2)

The Following is a show that they want to become a hit so they're showing it a day after the US.

Also, broadcasters like to pad their shows out, so they always have something new to show...
  • Slow_LorisSlow_Loris Posts: 24,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is pretty certain to be axed after its dreadful start in the States, a show like this (on going storyline) is unlikely to build an audience. Shame, I really like it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did ratings improve for episode two or is heading for the axe?
  • mangomoonmangomoon Posts: 2,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gilesb wrote: »
    It is pretty certain to be axed after its dreadful start in the States, a show like this (on going storyline) is unlikely to build an audience. Shame, I really like it.

Sad :( Although I'm not too sure how many seasons it could go on for considering it's all about one show?
  • derek500derek500 Posts: 24,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gilesb wrote: »
    Did ratings improve for episode two or is heading for the axe?

Tuesday night (wasn't on last week). Should do better being only an hour in the 10pm slot.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow well judging by the disaster ratings in the US season 2 will be the last season. I think it will be lucky to play out its whole season in its current slot at this rate (down to a 0.7). Disaster.
  • Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw this for the first time last night and wasn't impressed, apart from Jack Davenport's performance.
    Was it designed for those who liked "Glee" but are now several years older?
  • postitpostit Posts: 23,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree that the show couldn't go much further, but I was impressed with how the endings of each of the stories dovetailed together.

I'll miss this programme. I enjoyed it very much while it lasted
  • LMLM Posts: 63,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The finale was perfect
    Such a shame. Critics and people in general was really nasty about the show

Personally, i found it a lot more gripping and better to watch than Glee and Nashville. But both those shows are good as well. But this was one of those shows where i felt the writers really care and nutured the characters from start to finish.
  • Missy MooMissy Moo Posts: 474
    Forum Member
    Smash is the one show I make the effort to watch at US pace and I'm gutted it's ended. :(

Saying that, the arc of the story was perfect, starting with the show's inception and ending at the Tonys.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    it is shame its ending because what about the fans that actually want it to still continue and see what happens with the characters :(
  • crunchie crispcrunchie crisp Posts: 6,775
    Forum Member
    Just watching this and I really am loving this series so much better than the first. Cannot stand Karen though
  • mabbus-cattus1mabbus-cattus1 Posts: 5,777
    Forum Member
    Smash season 2 starts on Sky Atlantic on 18th July.
  • StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    Smash season 2 starts on Sky Atlantic on 18th July.
    About time too....:cool:
  • derek500derek500 Posts: 24,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The first episode is now available on Sky's On Demand.

SD in Catch Up - Featured or HD in Box Sets - HD.
    Forum Member
    derek500 wrote: »
    The first episode is now available on Sky's On Demand.

SD in Catch Up - Featured or HD in Box Sets - HD.
    Even sooner....:D
  • spaceygalspaceygal Posts: 3,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So, did anyone watch the first episode of the new season? I thought it was a pretty good opener. Jennifer Hudson, what a voice!
    Forum Member
    spaceygal wrote: »
    So, did anyone watch the first episode of the new season? I thought it was a pretty good opener. Jennifer Hudson, what a voice!
    Not a great start, but still enjoyed.

Pleased Dev has gone....Frank too hopefully.;)
    'Jennifer Hudson' Veronica - amazing.
    Karen as always - amazing.

But what a surprise.....the Barman can sing.:eek:
  • tushinghamtushingham Posts: 1,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was rooting for Karen all through Series One.
    Now it's Ivy I love!
  • EvilredzebraEvilredzebra Posts: 16,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm beginning to really dislike Karen in Season 2. Team Ivy all the way. I'm currently obsessed with the Bombshell cast recording!
    Forum Member
    Still Karen for me, only reason I watch this.:cool:

I like the Derek - past catching up with him over the sexual harassment claims - plot....and his Dream.;)

And what's with Julia and Tom going all Will & Grace.:eek: