After tonight's episode, I'm guessing River Song is... (Spoiler tagged for safety)

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,893
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Amy Pond's daughter

Your thoughts please.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's looking that way
  • SandgrownunSandgrownun Posts: 5,024
    Forum Member
    Hadn't thought of that, certainly could be.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo I'm loving that thought!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm thinking that the Astronaut is either Ponds daughter or a young River. It would be really creepy if it was both though.
  • Jem19876Jem19876 Posts: 2,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's what I was thinking too. I definitely think we are meant to think it's a possibility, but inevitably it could be a red herring.

The Doctor knows her when she's young, so that all fits. Even the bit about being a screamer, might not be the obvious innuendo, it might be that he knew her as a screaming baby.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think so. I don't think that:
    The Doctor would recruit the child of a previous companion. It doesn't seem to be the way that he works.
  • Old Man 43Old Man 43 Posts: 6,214
    Forum Member
    Not only is she Amy Ponds daughter but she is the one in the Astronauts suit that shot the Doctor at the beginning.
  • ScaramoucheScaramouche Posts: 3,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be honest, when they introduced the character in the Library in 2008 I was a bit intrigued and looking forward to finding out who she was.

Now, in 2011, I'm losing interest in much the same way that I did in the plot of Lost. I'm starting to think we're never going to find out and starting to realise that I don't care very much any more.

I like the character and I like Alex Kingston but the teasing is getting a bit old imho.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member
    We will find out this series and I do think she is a Williams
  • starsailorstarsailor Posts: 11,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think so. I don't think that:
    The Doctor would recruit the child of a previous companion. It doesn't seem to be the way that he works.

But he wouldn't know that would he? He only knows what we know.
  • Miss_QwertyMiss_Qwerty Posts: 170
    Forum Member
    Lets presume for one second that
    It's a young River in the space suit. It would fit with

'when I first met the dr a long long time ago he knew about me. Impressionable young girl and suddenly
    a man just drops out of the sky. He's clever and mad and wonderful and knows every last thing about her.' Which he would do, bearing in mind he knows old River.

It definitely wasn't a child in the spacesuit when the Dr was killed though (I saw a massive jawline!) so maybe when Amy shoots young River it stops her from fulfilling her destiny of somehow killing "The best man she ever knew" so old River has to do it to keep things in order, and is then put in prison and the rest is history (Or the future. Im getting confused...)

I do recall in both calls to the president we heard young Amy said the 'SpaceMAN' was here not 'spaceMEN' and that she was scared.

I don't know, I've had wine. If this is deleted in the morning. It wasn't the silence, it's me sobering up.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23
    Forum Member
    I don't see how that can be the case as:
    If the person in the spacesuit was River as a child, she would know and say something as to who it was. She also wouldn't say she was trying to get rid of the person in the spacesuit, as if she killed the child she'd kill herself and erase herself from time!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ah hang on just had a flash of doubt
    If she is, would she risk a paradox by crossing her own timeline? Unless she doesn't know Amy is pregnant yet?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    starsailor wrote: »
    But he wouldn't know that would he? He only knows what we know.

Kinda true, but I would have thought that over their expoilts in time he would learn a lot about her and where she comes from.

Maybe Jim the Fish tells him?:p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Old Man 43 wrote: »
    Not only is she Amy Ponds daughter but she is the one in the Astronauts suit that shot the Doctor at the beginning.

If you pause the video at 06.58 you can quite clearly see that the man in the space suit is not River as you can see the lower portion of his face as he lifts his visor.
  • AndiCAndiC Posts: 360
    Forum Member
    sepmix wrote: »
    Amy Pond's daughter

Your thoughts please.

Already posted that in a different thread.. but yes i think so.
    Forum Member
    korbany wrote: »
    If you pause the video at 06.58 you can quite clearly see that the man in the space suit is not River as you can see the lower portion of his face as he lifts his visor.

A little girl wouldn't fill a man size space suit or stand six feet tall :-)
    Forum Member
    I think..
    amy killed the girl in the space suit or impaired so river has to fill the place and kill the doctor to full fill the time line, this also full fills killing the best man she knew prophecy.

.. working out the rest :-)
  • PaparazzoPaparazzo Posts: 6,155
    Forum Member
    Do we actually think this? :D:D:D:D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 83
    Forum Member
    Am I being a bit slow here? Why do you think River is Amy's daughter??
  • DS9DS9 Posts: 5,482
    Forum Member
    Alderaan_ wrote: »

The internet has been convinced there's some connection between the two because River and Pond are both water-ish names.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AndiC wrote: »
    I think..
    amy killed the girl in the space suit or impaired so river has to fill the place and kill the doctor to full fill the time line, this also full fills killing the best man she knew prophecy.

.. working out the rest :-)
    Only as we saw in the episode it is not River in the space suit, unless ofcourse it is a male version of her.

Or are you saying that because Amy shoots the girl in the space suit, that the scene with the man in the space suit killing the Doctor on the beach doesn't happen, so River has to kill the Doctor instead, and will she also be in a space suit?
  • johnnysaucepnjohnnysaucepn Posts: 6,775
    Forum Member
    Lets presume for one second that
    It's a young River in the space suit. It would fit with

'when I first met the dr a long long time ago he knew about me. Impressionable young girl and suddenly
    a man just drops out of the sky. He's clever and mad and wonderful and knows every last thing about her.' Which he would do, bearing in mind he knows old River.
    Ah, but the Doctor as we know him now
    doesn't know much about River at all. So would have had to, for example, find out all the stuff River's been hiding before he meets her for her first time.
    Forum Member
    korbany wrote: »
    Only as we saw in the episode it is not River in the space suit, unless ofcourse it is a male version of her.

Or are you saying that because Amy shoots the girl in the space suit, that the scene with the man in the space suit killing the Doctor on the beach doesn't happen, so River has to kill the Doctor instead, and will she also be in a space suit?

Yes and I believe outside layer space suits are unisex so how can you tell the sex of the person inside? bits dont show through the layers :-)

and like i said a normal kid in a space suit wouldn't stand six feet tall (look at doorway) so that cant be a real kid an a suit anyway.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alderaan_ wrote: »

Amy being pregnant, and the chat River had with Rory.