quick question re 360

ilovekrysilovekrys Posts: 1,612
Forum Member
✭✭✭
hi all i think i know the answer to this but i've been told the 360 can play blu-ray discs and also has 3d games now

Comments

• He4rtHe4rt Posts: 5,379
    Forum Member
    You were told wrong. The 360 can and never will be able to play blu-ray. It can however play 3d games such as Batman, Call of Duty Black ops and Gears of War 3.
  • ilovekrysilovekrys Posts: 1,612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    that's what i thought but thought i would ask in case i was wrong sort of thing :)
  • BrightSparksBrightSparks Posts: 1,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The new xbox due out next year is said to support these though, Just have to wait while middle of next year to see what when its out and what specs M$ have built in the new EggBox ;-)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Plays 3D games but no blu-ray unfortunately.
  • alternatealternate Posts: 8,110
    Forum Member
    even if the new console has s bluray drive - rather than another high capacity format - it is unlikely to play movies as they would have to pay extra licence fees to sony amongst others.
  • fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    alternate wrote: »
    even if the new console has s bluray drive - rather than another high capacity format - it is unlikely to play movies as they would have to pay extra licence fees to sony amongst others.

They paid the licence for DVD on the 360. Even on the original Xbox, when DVD was still an emerging format they released a DVD remote & adaptor and just paid the licence on each one of those sold rather than on every console.

If they want the next Xbox to be a central entertainment hub, they'd be foolish to ignore Blu-ray, despite their interest in digital downloads.