The lowest day of British Music and world music in general - Harlem Shake #1

Barry_ClarkeBarry_Clarke Posts: 2,683
Forum Member
✭✭✭
The title says it all, what is the music industry coming to. It is an all time low.

Comments

• SevenSeizeSevenSeize Posts: 187
    Forum Member
    I'd much rather have Harlem Shake at #1 than a tragic One Direction cover
  • Barry_ClarkeBarry_Clarke Posts: 2,683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SevenSeize wrote: »

Id have none of them 2 be fair haha
  • glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    I don't usually mind the odd novelty track, but i'm just not getting this at all :(
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm currently listening to the new Atoms For Peace album and I can confirm today isn't so low for music at all! :)
  • Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No it's not it's #3 ;) unless of course you mean on itunes.
  • BenllechBenllech Posts: 2,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    glyn9799 wrote: »
    I don't usually mind the odd novelty track, but i'm just not getting this at all :(

This.
  • Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh come now, dross gets better with age. I actually quite like a bit of 2 Unlimited now.
  • boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The title says it all, what is the music industry coming to. It is an all time low.

Have to agree OP. Really is barrell scrapping.

I know some will like it, its not even a good dance song! Its just terrible!:rolleyes:
  • AudioRebelAudioRebel Posts: 32,201
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One Direction or Baauer ??

A half-baked cover version of a 34 year old Blondie flop or a tuneless mess that features a sample of a grumbling stomach.

The rest of the UK Top 20 isn't that bad in comparison. if I'm honest.
  • Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's at #3 and I like it. Shows how massive viral videos can become. All across the country this last week, there has been Harlem Shake virals happening across universities. We had one in my uni and I loved it! IMO, 2013 is having the best music year IMO for a good 6-7 years so far. There are a lot of songs in the Top 40, especially the Top 20, which I really like.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One Direction or Baauer ??

A half-baked cover version of a 34 year old Blondie flop or a tuneless mess that features a sample of a grumbling stomach.

The rest of the UK Top 20 isn't that bad in comparison. if I'm honest.

By rights TYler James Worry About You should be No1 next week (it wont be). Its an original song, written by the artist & sung in tune!!

Better than the other 2 by a county mile
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SevenSeize wrote: »

This, though to be honest I'd rather none of them.
  • AudioRebelAudioRebel Posts: 32,201
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    boddism wrote: »
    By rights TYler James Worry About You should be No1 next week (it wont be). Its an original song, written by the artist & sung in tune!!

Better than the other 2 by a county mile

'Worry about you' has dropped three places to #55 this week,even before official release today.Tylers last song struggled to crack the Top 30 a few months ago despite his earlier success on The Voice.
    I know what you mean though, doesn't say much for the downloading UK public.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    'Worry about you' has dropped three places to #55 this week,even before official release today.Tylers last song struggled to crack the Top 30 a few months ago despite his earlier success on The Voice.
    I know what you mean though, doesn't say much for the downloading UK public.

Worry About You was released officially yesterday, the version at no 55 was the album version, which people were buying prior to the single version ft Kano, which is a remix.

I dont know if this new version will be a hit or not.

I honestly cant imagine who would buy Harlem Shake?? Is it people who've made a YouTube vid? This thing is something that people will be embarrassed about in 6 months time (maybe not that long!) As for the song itself-its utterly forgettable.
  • Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    boddism wrote: »
    Worry About You was released officially yesterday, the version at no 55 was the album version, which people were buying prior to the single version ft Kano, which is a remix.

I dont know if this new version will be a hit or not.

I honestly cant imagine who would buy Harlem Shake?? Is it people who've made a YouTube vid? This thing is something that people will be embarrassed about in 6 months time (maybe not that long!) As for the song itself-its utterly forgettable.

Harlem Shake is everywhere at the moment. In clubs, shops, etc... it will be there for a while. A lot of videos have been made, and it causes people to download the single.
  • Eric_BlobEric_Blob Posts: 7,756
    Forum Member
    Harlem Shake is really catchy, so I wouldn't mind it getting to' #1, and it's a great club song too.
  • Craig_PollardCraig_Pollard Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    glyn9799 wrote: »

It's not a novelty track. It has already been out for half a year. Baauer is one of the djs at the forefront of trap music, dance/ hip hop hybrid.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 123
    Forum Member
    Oh come on. We all know what a silly track it is. It's not trying to be the sequel to Beethoven's 5th.

It's a fun dance track that has no meaning. There will always be useless meaningless tracks in the charts, just like there were decades ago. No one remembers them, so everyone looks back at those decades and only sees the good stuff, making those times seem a lot better.
    I don't particularly enjoy the charts that much either. Just pick out the stuff you might like, then look elsewhere. Just because you don't like it doesn't make it bad, full stop. It just makes you seem up your own behind.