Thor: The Dark World (2013)

Comments

• RebelScumRebelScum Posts: 16,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chris Hemsworth mumbling his way through another film

Strange, I find he over pronounces his words as Thor (which would be in keeping with the nature of his character I guess)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    RebelScum wrote: »
    Strange, I find he over pronounces his words as Thor (which would be in keeping with the nature of his character I guess)

Yeah i agree, i definitely wouldn't say Hemsworth mumbles, especially when he's playing Thor :confused: Maybe Big Boy Barry needs to turn his speakers up a bit or something :p

As for the trailer, it looked good, but i really don't like that it's partially set in the UK, whenever a film is set in the UK i always feel that it takes on a depressing tone, plus to me it just didn't seem "right" when you see a character as fantastical as Thor in an area that looked as drab as the council flats in London. It just seemed false to me.
  • MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    I wonder if we will get another trailer for Thor 2 soon especially with Comic Con being soon!
    Forum Member
    So the new Thor The Dark World trailer will debut on the 7th August
  • 007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Motthus wrote: »
    So the new Thor The Dark World trailer will debut on the 7th August

Cool. I want to see those Elves!
    Forum Member
    Its rumoured the new trailer will be a cut down version of the footage shown at Comic Con
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,440
    Forum Member
    There's nothing in that trailer that has me buzzing and desperate to see the film. I could never really get into Thor when I read the comics decades ago. I always found him bland.
  • JimothyDJimothyD Posts: 8,868
    Forum Member
    Iron Man - 9/10
    Iron Man 3 - 8/10
    Iron Man 2 - 8/10
    Captain America - 4/10
    Incredible Hulk - 1/10
    The Avengers - 1/10
  • ElsBelsElsBels Posts: 407
    Forum Member
    Iron Man 1 9/10
    Captain America 9/10
    Avengers 8/10
    Thor 6/10
    Iron Man 2 5/10
    Incredible Hulk 3/10
    Iron Man 3 2/10 (truly horrible film, hope it doesn't set the standard for the rest of Phase 2)
  • lola_skyelola_skye Posts: 21,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm pleased to report Loki is not going to be in Avengers 2 and is unlikely to be in Avengers 3. Whist I was routing for him in Thor, he became extremely irritating in Avengers. I hope he dies in Thor 2
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lola_skye wrote: »
    I'm pleased to report Loki is not going to be in Avengers 2 and is unlikely to be in Avengers 3. Whist I was routing for him in Thor, he became extremely irritating in Avengers. I hope he dies in Thor 2

They won't kill him off, he is too loved. But he most certainly needs to be rested.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,440
    Forum Member
    007Fusion wrote: »
    They won't kill him off, he is too loved. But he most certainly needs to be rested.

You say that but they do have a habit of killing people in these Marvel based films.

If you think of the first three Spiderman films, Goblin...dead octopus...dead... Sandman....dead ( I think, it's been a while since i seen it)

Captain America - Red Skull.... dead

Iron Man... Jeff Bridges character... dead
    Iron Man 2... Whiplash.... dead

X-Men jean Grey.... dead Cyclops... dead Professor X.... dead (or is he?)

Wolverine.... Sabretooth... dead (if i remember correctly)

They have no problems with killing characters in these films. most likely as they have such a huge gene pool to pick from they don't need to worry abiut re-using them all the time.

It's already been announced that Loki won't be in Avengers 2, so they don't need to keep him alive for that.
  • YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    ^^^ Sandman didn't die. Die he not turn into sand and jump across the city at the end of it ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You say that but they do have a habit of killing people in these Marvel based films.

If you think of the first three Spiderman films, Goblin...dead octopus...dead... Sandman....dead ( I think, it's been a while since i seen it)

Captain America - Red Skull.... dead

Iron Man... Jeff Bridges character... dead
    Iron Man 2... Whiplash.... dead

X-Men jean Grey.... dead Cyclops... dead Professor X.... dead (or is he?)

Wolverine.... Sabretooth... dead (if i remember correctly)

They have no problems with killing characters in these films. most likely as they have such a huge gene pool to pick from they don't need to worry abiut re-using them all the time.

It's already been announced that Loki won't be in Avengers 2, so they don't need to keep him alive for that.

All those characters were villians (pretty much serving one purpose - Antagonise then die for the hero to prevail), where as Loki is almost synonymous with Thor's mythical universe. In addition to the family tie between them. He is more valuable alive, even if he isn't interacting with Thor.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All those characters were villians (pretty much serving one purpose - Antagonise then die for the hero to prevail), where as Loki is almost synonymous with Thor's mythical universe. In addition to the family tie between them. He is more valuable alive, even if he isn't interacting with Thor.

I don't understand why people still liked him after Avengers, he completely destroyed any empathy for the character.
    All he did in Avengers was tell everybody to kneel and growl/whisper.

Why don't they just improve Thor?
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    New trailer for Thor 2.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npvJ9FTgZbM

Great trailer. Love the end, love the score.

Looks like a blast.
  • farscapefarscape Posts: 2,902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Why did anyone think he would be?

The only reason he was the villain in Avengers was so that they could claim it was true to the original comics as he was their first villain the team fought despite that...

a) The movie version of Loki is more sympathetic than the comic version which had those elements developed over time.

b) A trickster god doesn't suit the grander way the Avengers come together in the movie hence why it was Thanos orchestrating it.

I think it'll be fine to keep him in Thor movies as he's important to that mythos and undeniably suits it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    farscape wrote: »
    Why did anyone think he would be?

The only reason he was the villain in Avengers was so that they could claim it was true to the original comics as he was their first villain the team fought despite that...

a) The movie version of Loki is more sympathetic than the comic version which had those elements developed over time.

b) A trickster god doesn't suit the grander way the Avengers come together in the movie hence why it was Thanos orchestrating it.

I think it'll be fine to keep him in Thor movies as he's important to that mythos and undeniably suits it.

He's good in Thor but since then he's been annoying. He's a pantomime villain now. Laughable
  • kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looks good a good 2 hours where I can lose myself and enjoy and good romp.

Asgard looking great as usual, screw earth they shud just set the whole film on Asgard.
  • farscapefarscape Posts: 2,902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's good in Thor but since then he's been annoying. He's a pantomime villain now. Laughable

He's only been in one other movie besides Thor though.

I don't think one movie were he had to be written differently damages the character so much that he can't be used well in what essentialy his own franchise.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11
    Forum Member
    Natalie Portman confirmed that they're probably going to make Thor 3! http://buzzsauce.co.uk/film/natalie-portman-confirms-thor-3-is-in-the-works/
    Forum Member
    Only a week and half till Thor 2 is released!

Also Thor 2 cert is 12A,its 111 minutes long and will have a mid credit scene as well as a end credit scene.Captain America 2 trailer is also Appartently 2 minutes long and is expected to be shown before Thor 2
  • darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Motthus wrote: »
    Only a week and half till Thor 2 is released!

Also Thor 2 cert is 12A,its 111 minutes long and will have a mid credit scene as well as a end credit scene.Captain America 2 trailer is also Appartently 2 minutes long and is expected to be shown before Thor 2

Cannot wait for Thor 2, a couple mates & myself are going to the IMAX for the midnight showing on the 30th, so chances are we will avoid the majority of the Teens. Didn't know about the Captain America 2 trailer, hopefully will get to see that. :)
    Forum Member
    Its only a rumour about the Captain America trailer but Appartently the BBFC have classified the trailer so it would make sense for it to be shown before Thor 2!

I'm not doing the midnight screening as Ive got the 30th off work so I will be going into the first screening of the day!
  • darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Picked up the tickets earlier for the midnight showing at my local IMAX, cost me almost £14 each, but cannot wait. :D