Something odd about Rory's hospital ID Badge - look at this pic...

Comments

• peevepeeve Posts: 3,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chocdoc wrote: »
    A vampire doesnt age so there may be something in this. Perhaps he was bitten in 1990?

But then he'd have had to have been a grown man all this time, so young Amelia would hardly have been likely to make him dress up as her Raggedy Doctor when playing games. They grew up together.

I failed my 'Doctor Who Extreme Fan' exam, since I can't remember enough about previous episodes to make these brilliant links, so I'm inclined towards the 'cock-up' rather than 'conspiracy' theory.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shortcrust wrote: »
    This is a bit boring of me, but I suspect that that particular red is just one of the 'palette' colours for this episode. It's just a way of giving a tv programme a consistent feel and look. Loads of tv programmes do it ('Ashes to Ashes' does it to death!), but they have fewer devoted fans to spot/analyse/discuss.

Also the colour red can be used to denote the sense of danger, which would be pretty apt for well the doctors lifestyle.
  • Brain DonorBrain Donor Posts: 1,685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alienpanda wrote: »
    It says it was 'issued' on 30/11/1990

How can that be?? Thats 20 years ago...??

Thats more closer to his DOB surely??

any ideas??

check the pic out and lets hear your theories....

http://i44.tinypic.com/fw0oea.jpg

Anyone tried scanning the barcode?
  • alienpandaalienpanda Posts: 9,444
    Forum Member

Lol, no - but it did cross my mind!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,031
    Forum Member
    Just watched Confidential on iPlayer earlier. At the part where they explain the stop motion sequence where The Doctor remembers what he saw, the photographer spends a great deal of time (and photos) on Rory's badge, furthermore, that's where the sequence ends before zooming out of The Doctor's eye. When he realises what he "remembered", he doesn't go straight for the man with dog, he doesn't say anything like "that guy's taking photos of the man with the dog"... he actually says "stop that nurse".

I think The Doctor knows more than he's letting on right now, but needed to get the Prisoner Zero stuff sorted first.

Further, the question of "Why Amy?"... maybe he's getting her as far away from him as he can.

Well it was just a thought.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,187
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    9ct mould wrote: »
    Further, the question of "Why Amy?"... maybe he's getting her as far away from him as he can.

Well it was just a thought.

I wondered that. The Doctor usually knows these things.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just to add my paranoid delusions into the mix -

I think theres something up with the colour red. Don't ask me what, I have no idea but if you watch the episode theres an awful lot of red standing out against green or blue backgrounds. Yes I realise at this point I sound like a loony, but the camera lingered for ages on Rorys red pen, plus young Amy was wearing a lot of red, old Amy had red painted nails, there was a boy in a red jumper run straight infront of the camera, red on her front door...

Ok back to my bottle of wine now :o

You could be onto something
    Rory is the most common English form of the Irish and Scottish Gaelic male name Ruairí, Ruaidhrí or Ruaraidh. The name originates with Ruaidri mac Tairrdelbach Ua Conchobair or Rory O'Connor, a king of Connacht and High King of Ireland who died in 1198. It is a common name in Irish and Scottish cultures and is generally held to mean "red king", from Irish rua "red" combined with rí "king".
  • MrWhipsterMrWhipster Posts: 456
    Forum Member

Just tried it, comes up invalid.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    30th November is also St Andrew's Day, Patron Saint of Scotland. Winston Churchill's Birthday too.
    Forum Member
    HandsomeBB wrote: »
    30th November is also St Andrew's Day, Patron Saint of Scotland. Winston Churchill's Birthday too.

Interesting!! ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HandsomeBB wrote: »

Churchill is a Time Lord ;)
  • dave1976dave1976 Posts: 194
    Forum Member
    Maybe he works for Unit!

Seriously though that is a pretty bad error!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 419
    Forum Member
    Could Rory actually be Prisoner Zero taking the form of a nurse who fell into a coma soon after 1990? Perhaps all the other forms were less perfect, hence the mistakes with voices, while he was one who really worked out how to use the coma patients dreams of being a little boy and then eventually a nurse.
  • Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm so crap at putting things together and speculating as to what it means - I never noticed Rory's badge, well spotted! I did spot a lot of red in the episode, only clicked when the camera focussed on Rory's red pen - random. I saw Amy's red nails but just assumed that was part of her kissogram outfit.

Loving reading your theories. I can't wait til Saturday!
  • jabalongjabalong Posts: 23
    Forum Member
    Really doubt it's an error when there's a zoom-in shot on it...
    Forum Member
    jabalong wrote: »
    Really doubt it's an error when there's a zoom-in shot on it...

And especially when that whole "what did I see, I saw, what did I see, I saw" Sequence, end's up with the badge being the focal point of it all....

I wonder if the doctor will do that whole bionic man eye sequence in every episode??
  • Miss_QwertyMiss_Qwerty Posts: 170
    Forum Member
    Ok, so having given it some thought and here is my hair-brained theory.

It's not Rory that's the problem, it's Leadworth.

* The fact that they have so many coma patients for such a small village,
    * The fact that the Doctor keeps messing up time so badly (And when he realised it was 12 years instead of 6 months/5 minutes he said "This matters, this is important") when asking Amy why she lied,
    * Rorys security pass with a date that couldn't possibly be,
    * The duck pond that never has any ducks (and when he's standing right there he says "This is too soon i'm not ready, i'm not done yet" Which totally doesn't fit into regeneration.
    * The crack in the wall/on the Tardis monitor.

Something is wrong with Leadworth, and maybe all the red keeps the people there from remembering, like a hypnotist type thing.
  • johnnysaucepnjohnnysaucepn Posts: 6,775
    Forum Member
    You know what? I think if it was in any way important to the plot, they would let people without freeze-frame video editors see it. My guess is that it is deliberate, but only as fodder to keep us nitpickers distracted!
    Forum Member
    Ok, so having given it some thought and here is my hair-brained theory.

It's not Rory that's the problem, it's Leadworth.

* The fact that they have so many coma patients for such a small village,
    * The fact that the Doctor keeps messing up time so badly (And when he realised it was 12 years instead of 6 months/5 minutes he said "This matters, this is important") when asking Amy why she lied,
    * Rorys security pass with a date that couldn't possibly be,
    * The duck pond that never has any ducks (and when he's standing right there he says "This is too soon i'm not ready, i'm not done yet" Which totally doesn't fit into regeneration.
    * The crack in the wall/on the Tardis monitor.

Something is wrong with Leadworth, and maybe all the red keeps the people there from remembering, like a hypnotist type thing.

you might be onto something there! ;)
  • VoynichVoynich Posts: 14,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    peeve wrote: »
    But then he'd have had to have been a grown man all this time, so young Amelia would hardly have been likely to make him dress up as her Raggedy Doctor when playing games. They grew up together.

I failed my 'Doctor Who Extreme Fan' exam, since I can't remember enough about previous episodes to make these brilliant links, so I'm inclined towards the 'cock-up' rather than 'conspiracy' theory.

I thought that was a reference to more 'adult' games!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also when 000000 is being shown on LED screens around the world, a dark piccadilly circus is one of the locations shown.

OFF WITH MOFFATS HEAD! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 66
    Forum Member
    I thought the reason so much time was spent showing the close up of the badge was simply to highlight the fact that he worked in a hospital. The Dr then figured out that the psychic link was being made with people in the hospital who were in comas and that's why Rory was taking a photo of him, because he was one of the people in a coma.

Obviously the Scrubs give this away anyway, but still.
  • ListentomeListentome Posts: 9,804
    Forum Member
    Bertypop wrote: »
    Plus the Millennium Dome was present when the doctor was hurtling down to see Amelia Pond - 14 years later puts the end of the episode set in about 2013 (at least)...

I was thinking about it, then realised the Tardis didn't crash in Amy's garden, it materialised there. You can hear the materilization noise when young Amy is praying, its the noise that makes her look out the window. So...

The Doctor is hanging onto the outside of the Tardis as it hurtles over London in 2010. He climbs back into the Tardis and we see it continue to hurtle over London.

During which time The Doctor takes control of the Tardis, dematerializes it and it ends up re-materializing in Amy Pond's garden in 1996. The reason it is on its side is because it was horizontal when it dematerialized over London and The Doctor couldn't control its landing.

So it is not a direct course from being over London to crashing in Amy's garden, it travelled back in time. So 14 years later can still be 2010.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18
    Forum Member
    stuartmck wrote: »
    And long may the legs agenda continue.

Is "legs agenda" the same as legs akimbo?

Or is that just wishful thinking on my part?:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 144
    Forum Member
    Frobozz wrote: »
    Is "legs agenda" the same as legs akimbo?

Or is that just wishful thinking on my part?:)

I knew someone would lower the tone, usually it's me! ;)