Being Human US show on UK TV

natalie77natalie77 Posts: 2,468
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Does anyone know if the US version of Being Human is going to be shown over here?

Comments

• MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    I have not heard anything about it being picked up by any channel yet.I thought the UK SyFy channel might get it as I think it would fit in well there
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't heard anything either, but I really hope it gets picked up!
  • IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I expected they would murder it, but I am glad I gave it a chance, it's really good, I enjoyed it.
  • alternatealternate Posts: 8,110
    Forum Member
    Likely BBC/BBC3 will have first refusal as part of the rights deal.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IvanIV wrote: »
    I expected they would murder it, but I am glad I gave it a chance, it's really good, I enjoyed it.

Really? I was convinced it would be lots of visually perfect people re-enacting the Vampire Diaries. I know Aiden Turner is very easy on the eye but he's not your average Hollywood hunk is he?
  • MoreTearsMoreTears Posts: 7,025
    Forum Member
    Shute wrote: »
    Really? I was convinced it would be lots of visually perfect people re-enacting the Vampire Diaries. I know Aiden Turner is very easy on the eye but he's not your average Hollywood hunk is he?

There's "Hollywood hunk," and then there is "Hollywood pretty boy." Turner could definitely fit the latter mould. I am not female, or gay, but I have a feeling that if you just showed Turner's picture and and a picture of the American guy to a group of women who have never heard of Being Human, the women would pick Turner as the more attractive of the two.

And the werewolf character in the American show doesn't look an better than the UK character, and the British ghost is much prettier than the American ghost.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    IvanIV wrote: »
    it's really good

you cannot possibly have been watching the show in question then. :D
  • IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DSDP wrote: »
    you cannot possibly have been watching the show in question then. :D

Yes I did and I liked it. Somehow, for me at least, it escaped a usual fate of American remakes, being turned into shit. Also as a positive thing they do not have Tovey there, stuttering through his lines and breaking in the falsetto all the time :eek: He really got on my nerves in the UK version.
  • daclickdaclick Posts: 3,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Being human us is as bad as shameless us and skins us
    Forum Member
    daclick wrote: »

Sounds like someone has a stick up their bum about American remakes.:rolleyes:
  • FunkmasterTFunkmasterT Posts: 14,369
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    daclick wrote: »

I wish more shows could be as bad as Shameless US then, I loved it. I quite like Being Human US, although I'm lagging way behind with 5 or 6 episodes left to go.
  • Inky BinkyInky Binky Posts: 2,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The American remake turned out to be a terrific series. And I'm a pretty big fan of the original UK version too. The changes worked and I'm looking forward to seeing where the storyline for the US show goes. I expect that since the American version will have plenty more episodes per season (around 20+) we'll most likely see more ambitious story arcs.

As for the UK version, I can't wait until it returns. That was a fantastic ending this season. :)

MoreTears wrote: »

Yeah, I know what you mean. It's really weird how some people get very "nationalistic" over a TV show. I dont think they realize how stupid they appear to others when they post such nonsense.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,737
    Forum Member
    The US Being HUman premieres on SyFy Spain this coming Thursday (19th May) so I think we can safely assume the series will turn up soon on Uk Syfy. Lately SyFy versions around the globe have been screening their own shows (ie originating from SyFy US) as opposed to some years back when they could end up on other channels (like Sky One). Just seems odd however, how British SyFy takesmuch longer to screen shows, considering SyFy Spain has to dub episodes and so forth...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

they voice an opinion on the massive amount of 3 shows, good thing you would never generalize. :D
    Forum Member
    they voice an opinion on the massive amount of 3 shows, good thing you would never generalize. :D

I voiced a suspicion, and those usually do involve extrapolating beyond the strict limits of the evidence. Did the person I address return and point out all the American remakes he or she does approve of, which would have proved my suspicion incorrect? No. The key for me was the person rubbishing the remake of Shameless. That is as good a remake as there will ever be, and I say that as someone who really isn't emotionally invested in EITHER version of the show.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The key for me was the person rubbishing the remake of Shameless.

oh, pissed on your personal favourite, did they? that's ok then, explains your 'suspicion'. :D
    Forum Member
    oh, pissed on your personal favourite, did they? that's ok then, explains your 'suspicion'. :D

Now who isn't making a reasonable inference from a statement? I said I have no emotional investment in either version of Shameless. Did you not see that? Now let me spell it out for you. I have seen a grand total of TWO episodes of the UK Shameless, and TWO episodes of the US Shameless. Hardly my "favourite," huh? The fact is I have zero interest in the subject matter covered by the shows, but I checked out a couple of episodes of each series just because I was curious to see how faithful the US remake would be to the original. The Americans hit the nail on the head. Completely faithful. That is an objective opinion coming from someone who has no interest in the show, which actually makes it more impervious to an accusation of bias.
  • gamersxchangegamersxchange Posts: 279
    Forum Member
    Inky Binky wrote: »
    The American remake turned out to be a terrific series. And I'm a pretty big fan of the original UK version too. The changes worked and I'm looking forward to seeing where the storyline for the US show goes. I expect that since the American version will have plenty more episodes per season (around 20+) we'll most likely see more ambitious story arcs.

The Scyfy remake had 13 episodes for season 1 and most shows on scyfy are 13 eps per season , still better than 8!.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Now who isn't making a reasonable inference from a statement? I said I have no emotional investment in either version of Shameless. Did you not see that?

your debating might work out far better, if you made yourself familiar with the meaning of this symbol here: ?

but your long excited reply does tell us how you have no emotional investment at all. so please, keep at it. :D
    Forum Member
    ..but your long excited reply does tell us how you have no emotional investment at all. so please, keep at it. :D

My emotional investment is in pointing out why doltish comments directed at me on DS are, well, doltish.:rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,737
    Forum Member
    spaintv wrote: »
    The US Being HUman premieres on SyFy Spain this coming Thursday (19th May) so I think we can safely assume the series will turn up soon on Uk Syfy. Lately SyFy versions around the globe have been screening their own shows (ie originating from SyFy US) as opposed to some years back when they could end up on other channels (like Sky One). Just seems odd however, how British SyFy takesmuch longer to screen shows, considering SyFy Spain has to dub episodes and so forth...

Spanish SyFy Channel have today issued a press note in relation to the Spanish premiere of Being Human US in Spain. In th note, SyFy Spain mention that the series has been developed by SyFy for screening across all its international SyFy branded channels, so it seems more than likely that UK SyFY will air the series too.
  • natalie77natalie77 Posts: 2,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spaintv wrote: »
    Spanish SyFy Channel have today issued a press note in relation to the Spanish premiere of Being Human US in Spain. In th note, SyFy Spain mention that the series has been developed by SyFy for screening across all its international SyFy branded channels, so it seems more than likely that UK SyFY will air the series too.

Thank you for this information I will keep my fingers crossed that it will get shown on the uk syfy channel soon :)
  • joebloggs90joebloggs90 Posts: 642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is BH US ever going to be shown on SyFy UK (or any other channels for that matter)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21
    Forum Member
    I'm surprised BBC3 haven't shown it. Like someone else said, I would have expected them to get it as part of the rights deal, and it seems an obvious thing to show during the long periods when the UK version isn't on-air.