Jahmene Douglas 'refuses to sing Katy Perry group song'

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
Forum Member
✭✭

Comments

• TreewatcherTreewatcher Posts: 1,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds marvellous. Which song does he disagree with? Is it ET?

EDIT: Oh I see it's "Last Friday Night". That song is rubbish.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd refuse to sing it too. I've only ever liked Hot and Cold.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jahmene's a non drinking man so why should he be forced to sing lyrics against his principles. I reckon they should just pick another song. When you consider how many zillions of choices they have - why pick that?
  • VisitingVisiting Posts: 40,112
    Forum Member
    I was wondering why and just read the lyrics of that song.
    Why on earth did they choose it? I wouldn't want to sing it either.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bit insensitive when one considers that alcohol may have played a part in his troubled past with his violent father.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Visiting wrote: »
    I was wondering why and just read the lyrics of that song.
    Why on earth did they choose it? I wouldn't want to sing it either.

The video for that song is terrible too. It's about this geeky girl who is magically transformed into this amazing popular girl for just one night (Last Friday Night presumably) and afterwards she just ends up back as this loser. It's quease-making really.
  • ms2608ms2608 Posts: 642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good for him - why would he want to sing a song glorifying something which has had such a bad effect on his family life.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I expect they picked it on purpose so he'd decline it, so they can get a story out of it.
  • 2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,576
    Forum Member
    Sometimes you have to sing songs that have stories that you are not connected with in real life, to refuse to sing a song that has a story about something you dont approve of, is a little diva-ish IMO.OK he has had a bad past, but if he limits himself to just singing about things he approves of, then he wont get very far in the business, its damn tough out there.
  • Lewis26Lewis26 Posts: 1,435
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I cant stand this whiney little gobshite he needs to get over himself. Just because you sing a song doesnt mean you agree with absolutely everything that it says, if someone sang man down by rihanna would they agree with murder? Ridiculous.

How selfish is he, now the other contestants have to learn a whole new song because of him and his stupid "morals"
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lewis26 wrote: »
    now the other contestants have to learn a whole new song

do you actually believe that this happened?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I cant stand this whiney little gobshite he needs to get over himself. Just because you sing a song doesnt mean you agree with absolutely everything that it says, if someone sang man down by rihanna would they agree with murder? Ridiculous.

How selfish is he, now the other contestants have to learn a whole new song because of him and his stupid "morals"

Rihanna is an autonomous artist and fully believes in what she spouts about. This situation is not the same as an actor hired to play a role in a movie about a serial killer. This show is meant to be people representing themselves to the public to show what kind of artist they wish to be in the future. He has every right to have high morals.
  • -Batman--Batman- Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    if true what a moron. before x factor he worked in asda.
    did he hand in his notice because they sold it
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2shy2007 wrote: »
    Sometimes you have to sing songs that have stories that you are not connected with in real life, to refuse to sing a song that has a story about something you dont approve of, is a little diva-ish IMO.OK he has had a bad past, but if he limits himself to just singing about things he approves of, then he wont get very far in the business, its damn tough out there.

This times a million.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    -Batman- wrote: »
    if true what a moron. before x factor he worked in asda.
    did he hand in his notice because they sold it

Speaking/singing words out of your own mouth to the whole country that you don't agree with is totally wrong.
  • -Batman--Batman- Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    Speaking/singing words out of your own mouth to the whole country that you don't agree with is totally wrong.

how do you know he didn't work on a checkout actually selling it

and what would you think asda would say if he said i can't sell it because i have morals.
    it would be a big ****off and work somewhere else then
  • LunarLegendLunarLegend Posts: 3,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good for Jahmene, if I was a contestant I would have done the same thing.
  • NorthernNinnyNorthernNinny Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Klaxon required for overeaction to minor incident alert.:p
  • oxygenjjoxygenjj Posts: 18,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

good moral standards.
    hes a good boy

but jesus turned water into wine
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Klaxon required for overeaction to minor incident alert.:p

I know, when you get a response like that you know the poster has underlying 'issues'.:eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oxygenjj wrote: »
    good moral standards.
    hes a good boy

but jesus turned water into wine

Nothing wrong with a little wine with a meal (The Last Supper stylee) but British yob culture with men coming home to beat the cr*p out of their wives is a whole other ball game.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

and what would you think asda would say if he said i can't sell it because i have morals.

I'm sure Jahmene makes whatever choices sit well with his own conscience in any given situation.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

What's the term where you take an argument to a ridiculous length in order to validate it. :)

Straw man argument? something like that?
  • Pob-BundyPob-Bundy Posts: 1,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chow mein is a bit of a wet fart but his squiggly vocals are lovely to hear, my dog howls everytime he's on so that's special for me :D
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure Jahmene makes whatever choices sit well with his own conscience in any given situation.

Yes.

Hopefully he will resign from the show that decrees such songs as suitable. :rolleyes: